Acer 200Hz Ultrawide curved non-TN G-Sync monitor - Makes baccon too

GoodBytes

Mods, pls ban OP for misleading title. Can confirm that there is no bacon maker.

Thx.

But holy hell, 1440p with a 200hz refresh rate and G-sync is a dream!

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2560 x 1080 = waste of money.

Not if its the right size, thought at the size of this one, probably isnt too great of an experience and certainly isnt #TeamCrispy, but its a step in the right direction for sure.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Battlefield 4 at Ultra settings is "crappy old game" ?

I can name a bunch of games that you can play at 4K 144hz and don't look crappy.

You can name em all you want I wouldn't believe you. But you can name them of course.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Battlefield 4 at Ultra settings is "crappy old game" ?

I can name a bunch of games that you can play at 4K 144hz and don't look crappy.

No, you can't. 

There is no connection standard that exists that can do 4K @ 144Hz.

Displayport 1.3 can do 4k @ 120Hz but that is not even out on any GPU in existence.

So we can stop the bullshit train right here. 

$1200... I'd never buy a monitor that cost more then half the price of my PC.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

No, you can't. 

Displayport 1.3 can do 4k @ 120Hz but that is not even out on any GPU in existence.

3-Way Titan X's overclocked to the max w/ a 5960x @5Ghz.

Lol Jk no idea if that would even do that.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

He wasnt quantifying our eyes framerate but our eyes ability to detect the difference which is absolutely fine. Now, is that true? I dont know, but there's a physical limit at which you would not be able to notice it anymore.

There are 2 sides to this ability. One is the ability to distinguish individual differences between frames. It's when you are able to say why something looks more fluid.

The other is the ability to see an improvement in fluidity but are not able to identify exactly what improves this.

And at some point both become null once a high enough framerate is reached.

The panel probably, the whole thing? Far from it. Unlike the Acer's 75Hz FreeSync, the Asus is a 100Hz G-Sync Monitor. Also referring back to the previous swift monitors, Asus will probably have covered the majority of the flaws that the Acer Predator had. 

ASUS are one of the worst monitor companies, there customer service is terrible, also we need to compare the ASUS PG348Q to the ACER Predator X34 which is 100hz as well

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

You can name em all you want I wouldn't believe you. But you can name them of course.

Like I care if you believe me or not lmao, I will be the one playing them.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

ASUS are one of the worst monitor companies, there customer service is terrible, also we need to compare the ASUS PG348Q to the ACER Predator X34 which is 100hz as well

Who cares about customer service?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No, you can't. 

e09b713eaeb6f8b0676219409e78b58c5d0109c5

Ever heard of DSR? I can play games at 4K 144hz or 5K 144hz

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yea maybe in the rich people land  :lol:

meh, no, it isnt... its cheap. Like really, IT IS CHEAP...

sure, it may cost a lot... but considering that monitor will last you AT LEAST 5-6 years before you will seriously need anything better.... yeah, its cheap.

Lets just say... we burn through GPUs costing 600+ USD every 2-3 years....

meh, no, it isnt... its cheap. Like really, IT IS CHEAP...

sure, it may cost a lot... but considering that monitor will last you AT LEAST 5-6 years before you will seriously need anything better.... yeah, its cheap.

Lets just say... we burn through GPUs costing 600+ USD every 2-3 years....

A $300 panel will last me the same amount of time ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Who cares about customer service?

The people who RMA a product.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

But will lack features, size, or "pixels"

Its okay. I wouldn't need a gpu that can supply them pixels ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

but you would still buy it

*looks at the 390X*

How much did you think I got for that 390x? ;) And 2560x1080? Skyrim ain't supporting that resolution

my ini files say skyrim will support that resolution

my ini files says skyrim likes my 3440x1440p S34E790C

Is your UI fucked up? Widescreen never worked well for me.