"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

I wonder what OSs you are developing this game for. Only Windows? Or also Linux and MacOS? If you are making a Linux version, I would volunteer as a tester for said OS.
(also I searched the thread to find out if you already said what platforms this will be for, was however not crowned by success.)

I wonder what OSs you are developing this game for. Only Windows? Or also Linux and MacOS? If you are making a Linux version, I would volunteer as a tester for said OS.

(also I searched the thread to find out if you already said what platforms this will be for, was however not crowned by success.)

I believe that Linux support is wanted; however, it may not be possible without a lot of work from what I have heard. I am fairly certain though that Mac will be supported. Hopefully my vague answer will help in some way, as a lot of details are still pretty much in the works. ( I'm just working off of information I've read, as I've read just about everything there is to. )

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I believe that Linux support is wanted; however, it may not be possible without a lot of work from what I have heard. I am fairly certain though that Mac will be supported. Hopefully my vague answer will help in some way, as a lot of details are still pretty much in the works. ( I'm just working off of information I've read, as I've read just about everything there is to. )

To my knowledge the Unreal Engin is difficult to run on Linux, but it is possible. I also want to mention that there might be a console version, depending on the policy for indie developer on the next gen consoles. This is what I have figured, but I could be wrong.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Awesfreakinsome!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

as Fallen is going to be made in Unreal, there is restrictions, however i do believe is does support Mac, PC and linux, although i am unsure on Linux and Mac cause of DirectX.

i will ask about that next time i talk to them.

Character artist in the Games industry.

Small game mechanic question that im stuck on.

FPS overall (online + singleplayer(more capturing online, makes the singleplayer less enjoyable possibly)

FPS online + third person single (overall best for story and online gameplay)

Thirdperson overall (more potentially irritable for the online (Adds more online features like Climbing, advanced hand to hand combat .ext)

FPS overall (online + singleplayer(more capturing online, makes the singleplayer less enjoyable possibly)

Thirdperson overall (more potentially irritable for the online (Adds more online features like Climbing, advanced hand to hand combat .ext)

How about options to choose between the two via an in game menu option? I imagine it can't be that hard. I could be very wrong about that. 

Servers or games can have an option chosen by the one who makes it or starts the game for FPS or TPS. Just split them into two separate things. 

If that is not viable and I am wrong about it being easy, I would go for TPS. I would find it unique honestly, plus it would give you a better view of the destructable environment. :)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

How about options to choose between the two via an in game menu option? I imagine it can't be that hard. I could be very wrong about that. 

Servers or games can have an option chosen by the one who makes it or starts the game for FPS or TPS. Just split them into two separate things. 

If that is not viable and I am wrong about it being easy, I would go for TPS. I would find it unique honestly, plus it would give you a better view of the destructable environment. :)

well the plan for TPS is to make the Singleplayer Story more immersive and add in mechanics like Climbing buildings and parkour to add to the game scale a little more.

but the shooting mechanics will have to be very refined to make it all work fluently. 

Personally I would go with 100% third-person shooter. It would make the game stand out in the crowd of other games. 

But I can see third-person mode becoming a problem in multiplayer. If the game was going to be an arena-ish shooter, twitch mechanics are very important, and third-person view just can't offer that.

I also wonder if a third-person shooter is as easily marketable as a first-person shooter, but that is probably not for me to worry about. 

Personally I would go with 100% third-person shooter. It would make the game stand out in the crowd of other games. 

But I can see third-person mode becoming a problem in multiplayer. If the game was going to be an arena-ish shooter, twitch mechanics are very important, and third-person view just can't offer that.

I also wonder if a third-person shooter is as easily marketable as a first-person shooter, but that is probably not for me to worry about. 

Maybe in the alpha i should do the options for First or third person and see how that goes.

Or just do TPS and add in FPS option later on for each game type.

Maybe in the alpha i should do the options for First or third person and see how that goes.

Or just do TPS and add in FPS option later on for each game type.

That sounds good. I just don't think it should be something people can choose during a game. The ones using FPS would be disadvantaged imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That sounds good. I just don't think it should be something people can choose during a game. The ones using FPS would be disadvantaged imo.

The disadvantage for FPS over TPS is seeing around courners..

The disadvantage for TPS over FPS is accuracy.

I guess I ought to subscribe and follow and all that stuff, I've been having a void waiting to be filled by some game

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Whats happening on Fallen at the moment:

Currently at Fringatoon Studios we are working on the Concept art for the Rachié so you guys can get involved and help us by designing your own armours to go in to the game, Whilst this is going on we are going to be working on a Base Human and Rachié model to help us build the mechanics for the game and so we can start showing you what's happening with the game.

That way we can use what you guys have contributed towards the game and start building up the content :)

If you want to help out and get involved with the project, please go to www.FallenGame.webs.com and keep an eye on the forums.

Remember we want to create the game as cheap as possible, that way we can carry the savings over to you guys. 

Whats happening on Fallen at the moment:

Currently at Fringatoon Studios we are working on the Concept art for the Rachié so you guys can get involved and help us by designing your own armours to go in to the game, Whilst this is going on we are going to be working on a Base Human and Rachié model to help us build the mechanics for the game and so we can start showing you what's happening with the game.

That way we can use what you guys have contributed towards the game and start building up the content :)

If you want to help out and get involved with the project, please go to www.FallenGame.webs.com and keep an eye on the forums.

Remember we want to create the game as cheap as possible, that way we can carry the savings over to you guys. 

Sounds really interesting. How would one submit these designs? Would we submit a 3D blender file or just a general 2D drawing of a design?

I wish they would sticky this topic, I dig through some pages to find it sometimes.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

Sounds really interesting. How would one submit these designs? Would we submit a 3D blender file or just a general 2D drawing of a design?

im working on how the application system will work, but on the website in the forums we have a submission / critique section for General Art work (2d traditional, digital and illustration) 3d (.Blender/.obj files) and Audio.

I need to create a rules thread in the Designs briefs Part for this section for overall rules, then add in more detailed rules for each section and stuff still.

But the first brief that will be going up is designing an armour for the Rachié... but it will have allot more details that just that cause of restrictions, copyrights and a handfull of other things.

like i will be needed a detailed(ish) Document pdf document with each submission to add in to the documentation for legal reasons.

I wish they would sticky this topic, I dig through some pages to find it sometimes.

I keep asking slick to add in a "Other Projects" section to the workbench :/ he is considering it.

Btw the forum isnt accessable on the fallen website anymore, i could only get to it via url link but there isnt a set button for it anymore.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Btw the forum isnt accessable on the fallen website anymore, i could only get to it via url link but there isnt a set button for it anymore.

<.< it might be a tiny bit buggy, but you should be able to click it still. ill add a direct link for it again with no drop down.

How long have you been considering creating a game OP?,   Can i help with the testing, i would like to contribute :3 

How long have you been considering creating a game OP?,   Can i help with the testing, i would like to contribute :3 

umm over a year, it'd probably be just a simple side scroller or something like that, I guess you can help if you want :P

Do you know how to program in any languages?

put the save files in the game's dir or in my documents\Saved Games

if you wish to help out with the game, Keep an eye out for our Design Briefs on the forums, 1s everything i need is together i will start posting stuff in that for help.

http://fallengame.webs.com/apps/forums/

Ok so i got the "Base Animation" Model done so i can start working on some of the more visual mechanics in the game, here is the Model:

https://sketchfab.com/show/81c50414b0aa4ca89e477544812e5d6d

Note: This is not the Final Model, this is just for Testing and building up the game mechanics