"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

Introduction:

Hello, my name is Catherine, For those who don’t know I am a Game developer from the UK trying to start my own Studio, This project is intended to help me do just that.

Fallen will be a MmoRpgSTps ("Mega" Multiplayer Online, RolePlaying Game, Survival, Third person shooter)

The Story is currently under development, However Story will be Optional.

Working With your team is going to be encouraged, Features will 

Project Roadmap: https://trello.com/b/8cG7yQOq

Latest Artwork:

Player Animation Model:

post-2896-0-93585800-1393287333.png

Software:

Fallen is Powered by Unreal Technology, Utilizing the latest innovations of the Unreal Engine 4.

UE4_logo1.jpg

Designed and Built using Blender3D, Offering the best option for Price as well as features.

Blender-Logo.jpg

Coloured in Gimp.

GIMP.jpg

Populated using MakeHuman

MakeHuman_420x200_0.png

Heard using Audacity.

audacity_logo_r_450wide_whitebg.jpg

Powered by Nvidia:

580_nvidia_physx_official_logo.jpg

FAQ!

[spoiler=FAQ: ]If your have a Question please feel free to PM me.

Q. What is Fallen?
A. Fallen is a game built around earth after an invasion, The goal is simple, Survive.

Q. What makes Fallen different to most other Survival games?
A. Fallen isnt a Zombie survival or even a Survive the night game, its built around an event that happened years before causing the collapse of Human society, the remnants of which still remain.

Q. How can i be a part of this?
A. Simply PM me (Pixxie_Payne) and ask to be a Tester.

Q. Is there a Kickstarter?
A. There are plans for a Kickstarter later in the year (2014) After the game has reached a playable stage and all base mechanics are in place and working.

Q. When can I play the game?
A. once the game reaches its first playable stage (Closed Alpha) The game will be available to all the Testers.

Q. Will i have to sign anything?
A. Currently there is nothing to sign, However when Closed alpha is released there are going to be Terms and conditions that will need to be followed.

Alpha Testers
[spoiler=Closed Alpha Testers]Simply PM me (Pixxie_Payne) and ask to be a Tester.
1.Slick 2.Bluejay0 3.Volbet 4.Vitalius 5.criso8 6.MeltyMoon 7.gastew15 8.Ghost 9.legopc 10.Deleon.David 11.prolemur 12.iAsuno 13.brownninja97 14.Emperor_Piehead 15.Deleon.David 16.Alterlai 17.Kuzma 18.MontyBonjangles 19.BlackOutCrisis 20.SynapseBreak 21.ANUPLUCIFERGAMER 22.PASHINATOR 23.Lays 24.ViperGTX88 25.CatCloud 26.Aleks 27.MG2R 28.Johners 29.origx36 30.DocHart 31.DarkCrow 32.DrunkAssassin 33.coder-guy22296 34.ThyFeared 35.D4RK 36.dounuts97 37.ColorfulShardMC 38.TOMPPIX 39.HybridB

Game Mechanics:

The game mechanics for fallen are relatively simple.

Camera:

The game is built around a third person shooter basis, with the camera changing position depending on what is happening in game.

Cover:

The cover system is relatively simple, By crouching next to a wall you move and stay under cover till the crouch button is pressed again or the player moves away from the wall.

Climbing:

Again relatively simple, by holding Sprint and jump next to a wall the player will begin climb over or climb up walls automatically (Controlling the character during climbing is needed however, Using WASD (or equivalent) will change the direction of the climb)

Armour:

Armour is divided between Jacket, Bottoms, Headgear, Boots and gloves. These can be mixed and matched with other sets to enhance Health, Armour, Speed, Stamina, Silence and Agility.

Which will influence how the Player Character interacts with the world.

Closed Alpha Armour details

Armour Stats table.

More Information available soon.

armour.jpg

Weapons:

Weapons will be based around upgrades, Adding parts to a gun will give Additions as well as minuses, This is to influence weapon balance but encourage Customisation for different needs and people.

Weapons included in the Alpha will be: Pistols, Sniper Rifles, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Light Machine Guns, Launchers, Crossbows and Bows

Monetization:

The Kickstarter:

The kickstarter will be to help get the studio up and running, Unlike most kickstarter where you donate money and most goes into obtaining something physical, We plan to do all of our rewards as all Digital, Whether is be Soundtracks or in game rewards.

This is because I have seen allot of kickstarters in the past have allot of Physical rewards and struggle after (Because allot of the money was going towards the rewards and not the project)

Microtransactions:

Microtransactions in game are going to be Cosmetic and booster only, this is to ensure the game doesn't become a “pay to win” model.

Cosmetics will be all visual based (Armours, Aura’s, Weapon skins and new animation sets)

Boosters will be available for In game item drops (uncommon and under) EXP boosters (10-100% bonus) as well as Resources which will be used to build new items in game.

Possible Blueprints/ designs may be available on the store.

Optional Membership:

Membership WILL NOT give additional content to the game or increase item availability & will not be mandatory to play the game.

Membership WILL Give a Month long boost to Exp (50%) Item drop boost as well as giving a small discount on the store (20% discount)

Membership Will cost around £3.50/$5 a month

Merchandise:  (Will be available after Kickstarter)

Figures:

After talking to the staff at Shapeways, 3D printed figures Will be available in Full Colour and Blank Colours of your choice.

As well as Large Models we will also be doing a smaller model sets of 1-10 models, These will be a paint it your self set much like Warhammer

ALL figures will be available all over the world.

Clothes:

Shirts, Jackets, Coats and Hats of all sizes will available at some point down the line, These will (hopefully) be available all over the world.

Posters:

Game Scenes, Concept arts and many other designs will be available.

Where the Money will go:

ALL profits will go straight back into the Production of Fallen, Profits will be minimal on everything, This is to ensure you get the best possible merchandise at the best possible price.

More information will be available for before, during and after the Kickstarter.

Be part of the Community, go to FallenGame.webs.com/

Keep up to date with the Tumblr: Fringatoon.Tumblr.com

Character artist in the Games industry.

Great to finally see this in progress! Good luck Pix!

PS: Subscribed the Channel

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Great to finally see this in progress! Good luck Pix!

i should hopefully have a vid 1s a week (Sundays) and will be updating the blog with every thing i do when i hit points (3d models modeled, textured models, concept art .ext)

Also thanks to everyone for giving there support to this project it has been a dream of mine for years to get my own studio and i hope that you all enjoy the game and its development. 

if anyone wants tutorials/ guides on anything shown within the game i am more than willing to show them how i did it, one thing i feel i should do as a developer is share my knowledge and skills to people wanting to get in to the industry.

i am also willing for suggestions. for example any additional graphics options to add to the list will be an amazing help, this game is for the players not just for me, i am planning to build the game for Tournament conditions so i am pushing for 100% balance and making it fair for everyone.

i should hopefully have a vid 1s a week (Sundays) and will be updating the blog with every thing i do when i hit points (3d models modeled, textured models, concept art .ext)

Also thanks to everyone for giving there support to this project it has been a dream of mine for years to get my own studio and i hope that you all enjoy the game and its development. 

if anyone wants tutorials/ guides on anything shown within the game i am more than willing to show them how i did it, one thing i feel i should do as a developer is share my knowledge and skills to people wanting to get in to the industry.

i am also willing for suggestions. for example any additional graphics options to add to the list will be an amazing help, this game is for the players not just for me, i am planning to build the game for Tournament conditions so i am pushing for 100% balance and making it fair for everyone.

Great to here. Why don't you put an Easter egg for all of us users who support you :P

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Great to here. Why don't you put an Easter egg for all of us users who support you :P

im planning to add things in requested by users (Within reason) 

i will in the story put easter eggs (linus and slick as the Computer support for example) but the Alpha/beta will more or less just be Online

im planning to add things in requested by users (Within reason) 

i will in the story put easter eggs (linus and slick as the Computer support for example) but the Alpha/beta will more or less just be Online

Awesome. Maybe a gun that fires out a shout of "YOU'RE FIRED"

Awesome. Maybe a gun that fires out a shout of "YOU'RE FIRED"

WB taunts and using that as a taunt???

WB taunts and using that as a taunt???

YES! Like TF2 But you learn them with level progression! Each one has a special ability of some sort and this one makes enemies close by run away!

Tester reporting for duty

Sorry for the suggestion. I just had to!

Tester reporting for duty

^

And as for the "YOU'RE FIRED." Thing, they shouldn't run away. They should quit. XD

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

^

And as for the "YOU'RE FIRED." Thing, they shouldn't run away. They should quit. XD

Nah. Make the game balanced and fun!

YES! Like TF2 But you learn them with level progression! Each one has a special ability of some sort and this one makes enemies close by run away!

my plan is to set it up so you progress your weapons not your character, and you unlock more guns the more you use the weapon type, so using Snipers unlock more snipers and LMG's unlock more LMG's ext

but the plan is to have all Guns balanced at the base and max unlock version. (Based on Damage per second increased with levels) The idea for this is to make it more balanced. so Snipers will be harder hitting  and slower reload but LMG's will be lower damage, faster shooting but the larger the ammo clip the less damage the bullets will deal (Ammo upgrades will increases the damage delt) Snipers will progressively get faster shooting and more accurate and therefore more deadly (The same over all weapons including Pistols ext)

That is the plan for my Weapons and levelling system. (My attempt to keep people on a level playing field)

my plan is to set it up so you progress your weapons not your character, and you unlock more guns the more you use the weapon type, so using Snipers unlock more snipers and LMG's unlock more LMG's ext

but the plan is to have all Guns balanced at the base and max unlock version. (Based on Damage per second increased with levels) The idea for this is to make it more balanced. so Snipers will be harder hitting  and slower reload but LMG's will be lower damage, faster shooting but the larger the ammo clip the less damage the bullets will deal (Ammo upgrades will increases the damage delt) Snipers will progressively get faster shooting and more accurate and therefore more deadly (The same over all weapons including Pistols ext)

That is the plan for my Weapons and levelling system. (My attempt to keep people on a level playing field)

Great idea. If this does include multiplayer, then taunts could be something to look at. Skins also, but should they be purchased? Or Crafted?

@Slick You had experience with F2Ps and Paid games. WHat do you prefer for this? @Pixxie_Payne?

If you don't mind me asking. What payment model are you going to make the game? Is it going to be F2P or a paid game? 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

If you don't mind me asking. What payment model are you going to make the game? Is it going to be F2P or a paid game? 

Depending on what happens it may be FTP with Microtransaction's (Visual things such as Weapon Skins .ext) (Depends on if the game picks up before the Beta faze) 

Or i might put it forward to Kickstarter which will then make it Paid game.

However i am thinking of making the Online Only FTP with DLC (Story extra maps, Weapons ext) but if i take this route, with each DLC i will release free content (DLC will be Paid)

Depending on what happens it may be FTP with Microtransaction's (Visual things such as Weapon Skins .ext) (Depends on if the game picks up before the Beta faze) 

However i am thinking of making the Online Only FTP with DLC (Story extra maps, Weapons ext) but if i take this route, with each DLC i will release free content (DLC will be Paid)

I like that idea! DLC and free content with it. Skins. This will be awesome. 

Sound like you got this figured out. I will be looking forward to hearing more about the game, and I would be honoured to be an alpha/beta tester.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I like that idea! DLC and free content with it. Skins. This will be awesome. 

it is a more favoured option of mine, it means that i can release the story to the base client rather than re releasing the entire game and killing the servers of the older version, also means players can pick and choose things, but the story will be abit o,O if they dont play it in order lol.

ill put it to a vote during the Alpha testing i think

it is a more favoured option of mine, it means that i can release the story to the base client rather than re releasing the entire game and killing the servers of the older version, also means players can pick and choose things, but the story will be abit o,O if they dont play it in order lol.

ill put it to a vote during the Alpha testing i think

This will be a great project. I just hope there is a telling story to catch our attention and the rest of the worlds.

I don't mind beta testing. I'm interested in going to college for software engineering, so this would be a good learning experience :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

This will be a great project. I just hope there is a telling story to catch our attention and the rest of the worlds.

The Rachie in the story are fairly intense, i'm not gonna reveal anything but they are gonna be a interesting enemy and they will look fairly striking. and the character you play will have back story from the get go that will grab your attention