"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

lol. i am definitely with you.

what is job seekers? or should i take it literally like seeking a job.

in the UK if you are actively looking for work, you get paid by the government to sustain you till you find work.

Character artist in the Games industry.

in the UK if you are actively looking for work, you get paid by the government to sustain you till you find work.

oh... i wish we had that system. our government eats our taxes.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Design a Mask for Fallen.

Early next year i will be adding in the Player models for Fallen.

if you want to get involved just Design a mask design (With Reference material (Image board ext)) and submit it either Here or on the FallenGame.webs.com website.

Designs can be anything you want, Gas Masks to renaissance, Surgical Masks to Bike helmets and so on.

Include the base design, Possible variations on the mask (Colour or model details) and have fun with it.

There is no deadline with this just take your time until you feel it is right

Note: All work will be reworked to go in to Fallen, you are able to use the work for personal work (Included reworking and in game models) and you will be mentioned in the credits as a "Designer" and your entry piece name next to it.

If you want help with choosing software here is what is being used for Fallen:

http://www.gimp.org/

Design a Mask for Fallen.

Early next year i will be adding in the Player models for Fallen.

if you want to get involved just Design a mask design (With Reference material (Image board ext)) and submit it either Here or on the FallenGame.webs.com website.

Designs can be anything you want, Gas Masks to renaissance, Surgical Masks to Bike helmets and so on.

Include the base design, Possible variations on the mask (Colour or model details) and have fun with it.

There is no deadline with this just take your time until you feel it is right

Note: All work will be reworked to go in to Fallen, you are able to use the work for personal work (Included reworking and in game models) and you will be mentioned in the credits as a "Designer" and your entry piece name next to it.

If you want help with choosing software here is what is being used for Fallen:

http://www.gimp.org/

I'll begin working on some rough designs, but I probably can't finish them untill I get a working tablet. 

I'm also sorry that I reply so late, but I haven't had time to check the forum the past week.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Not Fallen, but im using the Same coding for the Camera system... opinions on what you can see?

Arina is using Pre set content in UDK,

Fallen will be using 100% custom content so please do not see this as Fallen

Not Fallen, but im using the Same coding for the Camera system... opinions on what you can see?

First person for me would be great addition. How about map optimization for both third person and first person combat?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

First person for me would be great addition. How about map optimization for both third person and first person combat?

i will look in to it, but i feel like the third person could add in more depth and step away from the generic thing with indie studios just making "another fps"

you go girl, umm actually that might be teh wrong thing to say. sorry....

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i will look in to it, but i feel like the third person could add in more depth and step away from the generic thing with indie studios just making "another fps"

True but people would like to be comfortable with a game in order to master it

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Always liked the way the third-person camera worked in Unreal Tournament 3, so I really look forward to seeing how it will play out.

Edit: Hat design is coming, but I have been busy and Gimp decided to be an ass on me, so it has been set back a bit,

Edit 2: Do you have any sort of badge or emblem that is used in the game?

Always liked the way the third-person camera worked in Unreal Tournament 3, so I really look forward to seeing how it will play out.

Edit: Hat design is coming, but I have been busy and Gimp decided to be an ass on me, so it has been set back a bit,

Edit 2: Do you have any sort of badge or emblem that is used in the game?

I want to get Player emblems and stuff in the game at some point, i like the idea of showing off accomplishments and stuff.

True but people would like to be comfortable with a game in order to master it

The plan for Fallen is to get everything working with third-person, then do some reworking for a fps game type option.

i like the concept of going in to the Multiplayer option screen and choosing FPS or 3rdPS for quick matches, and doing something for the server browser to show the difference between the 2.

you need to note, the FPS wont have things that are in the 3rd person game (Climbing, Parkour, Cover .ext)

I want to get Player emblems and stuff in the game at some point, i like the idea of showing off accomplishments and stuff.

The plan for Fallen is to get everything working with third-person, then do some reworking for a fps game type option.

i like the concept of going in to the Multiplayer option screen and choosing FPS or 3rdPS for quick matches, and doing something for the server browser to show the difference between the 2.

you need to note, the FPS wont have things that are in the 3rd person game (Climbing, Parkour, Cover .ext)

True, but there might be compensation for it. Like a Mirrors Edge approach for all that! Markings or indications and help for that?

Do you have any particular design in mind for the masks. Do you also need hats? For some reason I thought you needed hats and not masks. I'll begin the thought process and rough designs of some masks aswell.

Do you have any particular design in mind for the masks. Do you also need hats? For some reason I thought you needed hats and not masks. I'll begin the thought process and rough designs of some masks aswell.

anything for the human heads, i want to add in a gritty silly thing to add in a bit of fun and humour.

True, but there might be compensation for it. Like a Mirrors Edge approach for all that! Markings or indications and help for that?

i could add it in so the camera pulls back to the third person climbing view... i will play with it when i get there :3 

anything for the human heads, i want to add in a gritty silly thing to add in a bit of fun and humour.

i could add it in so the camera pulls back to the third person climbing view... i will play with it when i get there :3 

That can work. Some games have that implementation already. I can't name any cause I have none in mind but that's a good way to compensate.

Ok, this is the rough design of one of the hats I've been working on. Keep in mind that this isn't the finished design and is probably going to change over time. Also sorry for the handrawn picture, my tablet is still not working.

post-5244-0-87257100-1382685841_thumb.jp

Edit: I have also begun the process of drawing some mask desgins, but it's more difficult then I thought

Edit: I have also begun the process of drawing some mask desgins, but it's more difficult then I thought

Just a thought regarding masks, for inspiration, take a page or a thousand from the master:

1.jpg

That's literally all I can think of when it comes to masks. I'm not an artist, so... yeah.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just a thought regarding masks, for inspiration, take a page or a thousand from the master:

1.jpg

That's literally all I can think of when it comes to masks. I'm not an artist, so... yeah.

I am by no means an artist. I just have a somewhat understanding of drawing. I was hoping that my designs would be improved by the community as time progresses. Since there is probably bettet artist out there.

Regarding the masks. I just find it hard to get the proportions right on the full face masks.

I also have no idea who's in the picture, but I fell like I should.

I' am by no means an artist. I just have a somewhat understanding of drawing. I was hopeing that my designs would be improved by the community as time progresses. Since there is probably bettet artist out there.

Regarding the masks. I just find it hard to get the proportions right on the full face masks.

I also have no idea who's in the picture, but I fell like I should.

He's the mask salesman from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. (also in Ocarina of Time, but not very important to the story there). 

Check out the Mario mask on his backpack :P.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

He's the mask salesman from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. (also in Ocarina of Time, but not very important to the story there). 

Check out the Mario mask on his backpack :P.

I knew I had seen him before. The Mario mask threw me off. I also haven't played any of the Zelda games for years.

I am curently trying to do a simple mask, like the one Michael Myers wears in the original Halloween movie, but I always get the proportions wrong. I just have to learn, I guess

• 3 weeks later...

Im doing some well needed computer upgrades and working on a hand full of things at the moment so i will be sort of Pausing the Project till i get everything together.

I will jump back on to the project when i have a few more things to show so dont worry, Fallen will happen but because its just me working on it (on a half decent desktop) i dont want you guys to feel like you are being led on when i am realy trying to juggle like 10 things at once at the moment.

I hope you all understand and appreciate this, but till further notice i will not be uploading anything till i whittle down what i have on my plate at the moment, and again this is not my Canceling Fallen, it is just pausing it for the time being.

Thankyou and i hope you all understand

Im doing some well needed computer upgrades and working on a hand full of things at the moment so i will be sort of Pausing the Project till i get everything together.

I will jump back on to the project when i have a few more things to show so dont worry, Fallen will happen but because its just me working on it (on a half decent desktop) i dont want you guys to feel like you are being led on when i am realy trying to juggle like 10 things at once at the moment.

I hope you all understand and appreciate this, but till further notice i will not be uploading anything till i whittle down what i have on my plate at the moment, and again this is not my Canceling Fallen, it is just pausing it for the time being.

HURRY 

Take your time. It's better to have a satisfying end product than a half-assed one. It will also give some more time to work on the damn masks and hats.

Take your time. It's better to have a satisfying end product than a half-assed one. It will also give some more time to work on the damn masks and hats.

Well the thing is, with EVERYTHING i have going at the moment i dont want to rush small things on Fallen and get a half done piece of work in the end, id rather i spend a year or 2 more working on it to get it right than release it in 2/4 months time and need to update it every other day.

Once i have something together that is Fallen i will show it to you, but i want Fallen to be a sort of Minecraft thing, where its all working and amazing on launch then everything else is an extra

yeah.... a late released game but better game is better than early released game but not a satisfying game!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON