"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

Sweet, looking forward to the updates. As for the website perhaps try for more of a clean cut look with more straight defined lines. All the websites I've done anything recently as well as logos and stuff have fallowed that lately. (Feel free to disregard all of that, just giving some suggestions)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

OK how the hell did i miss this topic? like really...i hope i didn't miss much!

ok im going to be lazy  (too many pages to read) So tell me what type of game is this? 
Online shooter in an open ich world with survival elements? 
kinda like FireFall but without the "RPG elements" ??

Cool picture btw.

Anyways ill Follow this because it interest me, Keep up the great work Pixxie!  and..ill try to read up to date.

Btw don´t forget to put time stamps on updates on the first page so we know whats new and when.

OK how the hell did i miss this topic? like really...i hope i didn't miss much!

ok im going to be lazy  (too many pages to read) So tell me what type of game is this? 

Online shooter in an open ich world with survival elements? 

kinda like FireFall but without the "RPG elements" ??

Cool picture btw.

Anyways ill Follow this because it interest me, Keep up the great work Pixxie!  and..ill try to read up to date.

Btw don´t forget to put time stamps on updates on the first page so we know whats new and when.

i plan on updating the original post with the next update... will include everything i can reveal, Gameplay, Story and so on

Character artist in the Games industry.

i plan on updating the original post with the next update... will include everything i can reveal, Gameplay, Story and so on

Cool, If you want any suggestions or whatever just howl. 

I dare call myself a Veteran when it comes to Games, Alphas/betas testing and whatnot :)

read the whole thing today and i like it 

what i like the most is the mechanics your planning, TPS whit parkour and very flexible movement sounds amazing, for a second, it sounds like gears of wars + assassin creed

though you haven't mentioned very much about the story, probably because you don't want to spoil it but i have a very few ideas that id like to PM you if you are interested

also can i join the testers program if possible :P

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

For the website I would recommend a minimalistic design, Like the one on the Microsoft website, but of course designed for your specific need. I think this would really help create a modern feel to the website. This is just my two cents anyway. 

I'm impressed at how fast this is going and I'm looking forward to february 9th.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Teaser of some concept art:

if you want to wait dont click:

post-2896-0-45898500-1390924148.jpg

Female Character Default Clothing Designs (Unfinished)

Hey that one on the right is naked :P

I would put a bit of boob in the shadow as well :)

Teaser of some concept art:

if you want to wait dont click:

attachicon.gifFemale Default x 3 Concept Art teaser.jpg

Female Character Default Clothing Designs (Unfinished)

BOOBIES, i mean up thats a great drawing, you are great at drawing.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So im trying to plan out the Armour balance using a point system.

Thoughts on the Tier 1 Armour balance? trying to Cap the total points for each Armour Tier.

Higher Points means better (example: Higher Armour means more damage resistance and so on)

post-2896-0-00512200-1391260873.jpg

Feedback will be nice.

Thoughts on the Tier 1 Armour balance? trying to Cap the total points for each Armour.

attachicon.gifarmour.jpg

Feedback will be nice.

What does the numbers mean? I woudl really like to give some feedback, but I need more information.

What does the numbers mean? I woudl really like to give some feedback, but I need more information.

Higher points means better, lower means worse. its just a visual representation that i will later convert in to code.

Thoughts on the Tier 1 Armour balance? trying to Cap the total points for each Armour Tier.

Higher Points means better (example: Higher Armour means more damage resistance and so on)

attachicon.gifarmour.jpg

Feedback will be nice.

Seems like a scout would have less armor than a typical assault guy, and be able to move quicker. It also seems strange that a giant heavy guy with more armor, and probably bigger actually can move more than a scout, and have the same agility.. I also feel that the heavy guy being quieter than an assault makes little sense as he has more armor and more gear to carry around, which means more noise. Not sure what a hybrid is, but it seems a little OP as they don't seems to have any bad traits, and seem to be the way to go, so why would me as a player even pick anyone else? Just a couple thoughts.

Assault - moderate in most things

Scout - little armor, & health but quick, silent, and deadly

Heavy - built like a tank & heavy firepower, but sluggish & loud

Hybrid - Unsure.. (is that some kind of super soilder?)

Hunter - (Also sort of unsure)

Knowing what these classes are in the grand scheme of things even a little bit would provide very helpful advice on seeing what you plan to do, so that helping you balance them would be far more beneficial.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Higher points means better, lower means worse. its just a visual representation that i will later convert in to code.

Got it.

I don't quite understand why the heavy would be more silent then the assulte. The heavier armour should make more noise. I would maybe take 5-10 point away form the heavies stamina and put into the armour, but that's just me. 

Seems like a scout would have less armor than a typical assault guy, and be able to move quicker. It also seems strange that a giant heavy guy with more armor, and probably bigger actually can move more than a scout, and have the same agility.. I also feel that the heavy guy being quieter than an assault makes little sense as he has more armor and more gear to carry around, which means more noise. Not sure what a hybrid is, but it seems a little OP as they don't seems to have any bad traits, and seem to be the way to go, so why would me as a player even pick anyone else? Just a couple thoughts.

Assault - moderate in most things

Scout - little armor, & health but quick, silent, and deadly

Heavy - built like a tank & heavy firepower, but sluggish & loud

Hybrid - Unsure.. (is that some kind of super soilder?)

Hunter - (Also sort of unsure)

Knowing what these classes are in the grand scheme of things even a little bit would provide very helpful advice on seeing what you plan to do, so that helping you balance them would be far more beneficial.

Got it.

I don't quite understand why the heavy would be more silent then the assulte. The heavier armour should make more noise. I would maybe take 5-10 point away form the heavies stamina and put into the armour, but that's just me. 

This is why i post this stuff. 

Little bit of a run down.

Assault - Fast mover, Lighter armour

Scout - Sniper user, Little camo, Slow moving (More to do about placement on the map)

Heavy - Title says it all, Built like a tank heavy and slow moving

Hybrid - Sort of a middle point between them all (Less total points compared to other classed (Tweaks being made) 

Hunter - Silent, (Faster Scout)

attachicon.gifarmour.jpg

Feedback will be nice.

Im pretty sure scouts are meant to be the ninja kinda guys, get intel get in get out fast, that means they need to be fast maybe a bit quite, light armour for the movement.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I´m more confused about what stats does what. Silence? is assault the most unsocial/mute guy of them all? ;D i´m guessing this is related to movement sound. 
Hunter and Scout = same thing if i understand correctly.
Not sure about you guys but a slow scout is not really a scout tbh, for such a light armored guy i kinda expect him to be the marathon/Sprint runner.
Stamina does what? effect how long you can "dash"?
I think scout should be changed/removed, maybe a Saboteur? Engineer? someone technical i guess?

My two cent= Change Scout and re-balance Hunter and add the sniper rifle to him instead. you could always rename Hunter to "Stalker" :D Hmm maybe make him into a glass cannon? not sure how the "Stealth/Hide" mechanism will be so.

Assault tend to be the front liners right? he sure is sqichy? -5 Movment speed +5 HP maybe? 
Scout/Hunter -3 HP +3 Movment speed?
Heavy seems well balanced and i have nothing to say there.
Hybrid seems well balanced asewell for the "Jack of all Trades" guy, although how different is Hybrid and Assault? aside from the stats. i get abit of "Scout/Hunter" feeling here.
But yeah i agree with @gastew15 

pretty solid

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

Reworking and renaming some of the armours, Will upload 1s iv got them done.

Note: These are Armour Sets not Classes

Here is the Armour Revise: 

post-2896-0-10579000-1391290808.jpg

Notes:

Higher = Better

All Armour's (Other than the Default) Have been Capped at 150, This is to Balance Online Gameplay

Armour Notes:

Default = (Previously called Hybrid)

Default is the Starting Armour in the game, Will not show in any other Tier of Armour, Designed to be "All Round Setup" it is put in place because we simply don't know how you play the game.

Hunter =

Silent Class, Designed for Mid to Short Range Conflict. Hunt Down the enemies and be careful not to be seen.

Ranger = (Previously Called Scout)

Don't like getting in to the fight? There an Armour for that. The Ranger is perfectly setup for Long Range Conflict by utilizing a Rifle or a Bow, Whilst being able to get from A to B with little difficulty.

Runner = (Previously Called Assault)

Like getting your hands dirty, Get in the Fight with this Super Light weight armour, it will shrug off a few bullets but... we haven't tested it with Rockets and grenades yet so be carefully.

Heavy =

Originally Designed as "Standard" Gear, This Armour can take one hell of a beating, What it lacks in Movement it makes up in protection, Dont go in without protection.

Armour Attributes

Health: 

This Section will Add additional health to Player (Higher Number = More Health)

Armour:

This will reduce Incoming Damage from Bullets, Grenades and Rockets

Speed:

All Armour weighs something, This effects speed, The lower the Number the slower you go.

Stamina:

Weight from your gear can tire you out, Lower Stamina means you cant Run very long and Climbing can become Dangerous leaving you a sitting target.

Silence:

With all that gear on your back you will make some sound, The higher the Number of Silence the less likely you are to be found

Agility:

Climber Faster, Climb longer, Agility is what you need more of to scale structures faster.

Feedback for Tweaks will be greatly appreciated.

Hmm nice info.
Ok so.
Starter Looks good
Runner looks good.
Ranger. Very tanky for a sniper  (i don't mind but its a tad op. i can just sit in my tree...or a roof and take shots without a care in the world) -5 armor +5 speed or silence?
Hunter. looks interesting. hmmm wont hunt down that many with that stamina though :P
Heavy. Looks good.

Btw does speed effect climbing speed as well or is that Stamina related?

Hmm nice info.

Ok so.

Starter Looks good

Runner looks good.

Ranger. Very tanky for a sniper  (i don't mind but its a tad op. i can just sit in my tree...or a roof and take shots without a care in the world) -5 armor +5 speed or silence?

Hunter. looks interesting. hmmm wont hunt down that many with that stamina though :P

Heavy. Looks good.

Btw does speed effect climbing speed as well or is that Stamina related?

Will make some adjustments.

Speed is SprintSpeed only, Agility is Climbing speed. Stamina is how the armour effects the player in terms on movement.

Sprinting and climbing will use up Stamina, but the higher the Groundspeed/Agility the less it effects the Stamina drain.

So a player with good Agility can climb faster and for longer, but a player with good groundspeed and bad agility can run really fast but climb slower.

When Stamina hits 0 during Climbing the player will simply slow down (Not stop/fall) when a players stamina hits 0 during sprinting they will simply revert to walking.

Also a Player can mix and match Armour pieces, but will be restricted by the Total Points available at their level.

a Level 1 player will be restricted to 150 points meaning they can use Any Full Armour set which will give them a minor boost

(Full Heavy will give a small health boost, Ghost will get additional Silence and so on)

I'm currently working on possible options for Upgrading equipment.

Made tweaks to the table, Tried to balance out the Gear a little more, Thoughts and feedback please :)

post-2896-0-28014200-1391380601.jpg

I came across this thread and I want to know what this game is. I too lazy to read all 23 pages. I know it says development in the title but is there a beta. Thanks if you answer my question

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

I came across this thread and I want to know what this game is. I too lazy to read all 23 pages. I know it says development in the title but is there a beta. Thanks if you answer my question

Well you don't get to know then. :P Really if you want to know just read the topic though.