"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

Pretty nice but hmm, am i the only one that thinks style 2 and 3 looks the same? except 3 is slightly longer and uncombed? 

Design 3 has longer at the front and shorter at the back.

Design 2 is the same length all around

Design 1 is a shorter version of 2 and design 4 is just something i played with :| 

Character artist in the Games industry.

ooooh, okay.

I have an idea for the hair... i will test it later down the line, but it should allow you to wear hats, helmet and masks without loosing a hairstyle.... also should allow you to edit it dynamically.

Its only theory at the moment however but i see no reason why it wont work.

I have an idea for the hair... i will test it later down the line, but it should allow you to wear hats, helmet and masks without loosing a hairstyle.... also should allow you to edit it dynamically.

Its only theory at the moment however but i see no reason why it wont work.

Awsome, 

PS: don't forget pony tails...like seriously..male and female. Hmmm something like this, Don´t know the proper name so i just grabed the closet i could find

Edit: i just remember Geralt of Rivia has that hairstyle lol...whatever its called.

Awsome, 

PS: don't forget pony tails...like seriously..male and female. Hmmm something like this, Don´t know the proper name so i just grabed the closet i could find

Edit: i just remember Geralt of Rivia has that hairstyle lol...whatever its called.

will for the full game, done know during testing

Rather than trying to push out polished content each month for you all, iv decided to start doing a detailed weekly Development Blog with Content Documents adding more detail in to things like 3d Content, Level Design and Mechanics implementation.

I will upload the First Blog and Documents on the 16th and every Sunday from then on.

Some uploads might be lacking in Content, some may be Content heavy, but i think it will be a better way to build the game up. from this point.

Will we have any specific tasks when we get round to testing the game, like doing specific things or locating certain bugs etc?

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

Will we have any specific tasks when we get round to testing the game, like doing specific things or locating certain bugs etc?

I will put a post on the FallenGame Forums for people to bug report to.

When it comes to Bug hunting, i think just playing the game as you would normally will be best, The more Testers we have the faster we will find things, the better the game gets :3

Small tease for this weeks update... been working on the Animation character all this week, been breaking down the design to the bare minimum.

Remember Eve? she was 80,000 Polly and took around 45 mins to export.

The new model for animation is only 1100 Polly, and only takes 3 mins to export.

post-2896-0-58203300-1392494536_thumb.pn

The main differences in the models (other than the Polly count) is the design.

The new animation model is slightly more stylized, This should become beneficial later down the line.

The name of the Animation Model is "Scaenicus" This word is Latin for "Player" or "On The Stage", This is because it has no Gender and fits its use.

Full Update from the week tomorrow.

btw just as a recommendation please dont make it one of those games where the females get better defence as their cloths drop off

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

btw just as a recommendation please dont make it one of those games where the females get better defence as their cloths drop off

its not gonna be like this dont worry

4653113+_99f67749dd1a4878558e9e96b090b41

Great work on the polycount! That is a massive reduction, esp with such time it saves, I'm glad you know your way around blender :D

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

Great work on the polycount! That is a massive reduction, esp with such time it saves, I'm glad you know your way around blender :D

5 years experience.. also that model is only for animations xD just to visualy have something their... then 1s i get the mechanics all together i can just start fleshing it out :3

OK so its taken me a few days to get the rigging together... but here it is so far, i still need to simplify it for Animation purposes, but its all working at the moment.

post-2896-0-37931500-1392665545_thumb.jp

I have a dream that some day modelling software will have aliasing.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a dream that some day modelling software will have aliasing.

it would be nice, but a waste on performance... i would rather have an extra few hundred thousand polly before the software crashes on me, than have a picture look a little smoother.

Got the Rigging for the player done :| work kinda took over for a few days and iv only just managed to finish it:

post-2896-0-77183000-1393271214_thumb.jp

Sexy .Gif of the Animation model on a turn table

post-2896-0-05402600-1393272323.gif

(i have allot better version but file size restrictions mean less sexy :( sorry)

A little Render

post-2896-0-13773800-1393273021.png

Pretty awesome, btw i have a  question, i just got gamemaker studio, its free for some time, is it any good, i dont wanna put a load of time into learn some pointless software.

Listen if you care.

Pretty awesome, btw i have a  question, i just got gamemaker studio, its free for some time, is it any good, i dont wanna put a load of time into learn some pointless software.

Game Maker has a free alternative: 

https://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

Its good. im working on a small mobile game using it at the moment, nothing massive just a sort of Pokemon style 8bit game... :3

but the free version is amazing as a basis, and if you feel like its going anywhere you can buy a licence.

Game Maker has a free alternative: 

https://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

Its good. im working on a small mobile game using it at the moment, nothing massive just a sort of Pokemon style 8bit game... :3

but the free version is amazing as a basis, and if you feel like its going anywhere you can buy a licence.

They have a sale currently so you can get the paid version free.

Listen if you care.

Listen if you care.

They have a sale currently so you can get the paid version free.

the only version over than free worth getting is Master. and that only when you finish the game and are starrting to test on other platforms and are setting up for Release

Gamemaker is a good medium to test out and prototype ideas in. If you really want to start making something while still being kind of easy I would recommend learning C# along with the XNA library. Microsoft kind of went full retard in regards to XNA now, but it'll have support for like 8 more years at least. It makes making 2D games quite manageable to create. I personally have created a game with C# & XNA called SERA that's pretty decent. (I'm currently rebuilding it from the ground up to make it better optimized).

For anyone interested in my self glory..

S%202014-02-24%2016-00-30-66.png

S%202014-02-24%2016-00-43-74.png

S%202014-02-24%2016-00-52-17.png

S%202014-02-24%2016-00-59-20.png

S%202014-02-24%2016-01-05-16.png

S%202014-02-24%2016-02-20-68.png

S%202014-02-24%2016-03-06-46.png

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Small note:

The newly added Render image on the First post will be around the same level of settings for the CgTrailer.

I know the model is very low Polly but the Lighting in the scene is what takes the longest to render and its around these settings i think i will be rendering at. 

Starting to build the Animation Tree :| its gonna take a while but i got the head targeting correctly

post-2896-0-54797600-1393362853_thumb.jp

Also got the playing in to the Engine, I like the Shadow :3 it looks awesome :D

post-2896-0-07425000-1393362906_thumb.jp

Next big Update for the project is going to be a Youtube Video... wont be massive, just some basic mechanics and animations.

Will be doing smaller updates as i go though