"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

Im not sure if this is your first game, i think that you should add 4k support in the future as its extra resources to care about which maybe 5 people will utilize, if its a request then add it in the future but i dont think you should try and add more to the game just yet, i think you have enough on your plate already. Also the kickstarter idea is great, i would love to support it but sadly i cant because i dont have any money on my account(honestly i have like 40p on it).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

4K support would be great, and I think it would be good as a low stretch target (I think it sould be set low, since some people might feel like you are something game essential as "hostage").

When will you make the Kickstarter? I think that you should atleast have some concept art, an explanation of the games fundamentals and maybe even a gameplay video showcasing the games features. These are atleast my thought on these things-

My plan is to get a small game demo together by the end of the year.

I want Game Mechanics, Basic Game AI, Player Character and weapon customization together before they donate anything.

I Plan on doing the Kickstarter after the project im on at the moment is finished "Tangiers" its recently got Greenlight on steam so you can search it there for a look if you want. (Im only the 3D Artist and animator on the project so)

As for Fallen, i will be building it up through out the year, my plan is to get something playable by April may time (only Testing Area with minimal graphics and content in place).

Currently im trying to get some nice concepts for all the alien species and Armour's together, i havnt got much at the moment, but i have had my hands full with Tangiers, Trying to get together a new desktop system and Game lore/Story and other things.

I think the new plans for fallen you will all like, it makes it simple to play, though its less PVP more Player V AI but it makes it a little more tactical and i think you will remain enjoyable.

PVP will still be in the game but it will be mostly Co-oP

Character artist in the Games industry.

Im not sure if this is your first game, i think that you should add 4k support in the future as its extra resources to care about which maybe 5 people will utilize, if its a request then add it in the future but i dont think you should try and add more to the game just yet, i think you have enough on your plate already. Also the kickstarter idea is great, i would love to support it but sadly i cant because i dont have any money on my account(honestly i have like 40p on it).

i wont be releasing the Kickstarter for a while.

Also when i say 4K support, it means me getting some money together for a 4K display and getting the game to work on it.

The rig im trying to put together at the moment will be 4K ready and is to streamline the workflow a little more to give better results.

As for testing i will hook up what i have at the moment and see how it fares on settings (fx6100 with a GTX 660 and 8gb RAM)

However 4K ready means more people working on the project. and working the game towards 4k would mean better graphics and frame rates on lower systems

Another thing, How Customisable do you like your weapons?

I have an idea that will make weapons allot more customisable compared to most games now, but i don't know if that's what you guys want

blacklight hit the nail on the head however there are a few things to ignore at the moment such as different types of rounds, my opinion is that you should have customable;

sights,

barrels,

stocks

mount points maybe for lasers and misc stuff like that

I suggest that you leave a few things out so that you can add content in the future to keep people coming back, eg lets say you have 5 types of everything, how about you release 4 of those things with the game and then in future updates you can add them in, im not sure if other devs do this(i know some games do it with dlc but yours is free2play soooo).

And camos, camoes bloody everywhere, hell give the guns auras or something, do something different like camoed trim of the weapons, you could even do a gadget of some sort which makes a gun look like another, i hate it when in games you have a sexy looking weapon which is actually pretty crap.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i wont be releasing the Kickstarter for a while.

Also when i say 4K support, it means me getting some money together for a 4K display and getting the game to work on it.

The rig im trying to put together at the moment will be 4K ready and is to streamline the workflow a little more to give better results.

As for testing i will hook up what i have at the moment and see how it fares on settings (fx6100 with a GTX 660 and 8gb RAM)

However 4K ready means more people working on the project. and working the game towards 4k would mean better graphics and frame rates on lower systems

If you ever need help testing im fine, ive got my mid/high end system, then a phenom 965 with a 6770 and a low end core 2 duo with a gt 610 and a random 6450 which i have no idea how we got. Hehe someday im likely to be a dev like you, i cant wait for it, gonna be awesome.

Listen if you care.

If you ever need help testing im fine, ive got my mid/high end system, then a phenom 965 with a 6770 and a low end core 2 duo with a gt 610 and a random 6450 which i have no idea how we got. Hehe someday im likely to be a dev like you, i cant wait for it, gonna be awesome.

Might take you up on that.

blacklight hit the nail on the head however there are a few things to ignore at the moment such as different types of rounds, my opinion is that you should have customable;

sights,

barrels,

stocks

mount points maybe for lasers and misc stuff like that

I suggest that you leave a few things out so that you can add content in the future to keep people coming back, eg lets say you have 5 types of everything, how about you release 4 of those things with the game and then in future updates you can add them in, im not sure if other devs do this(i know some games do it with dlc but yours is free2play soooo).

And camos, camoes bloody everywhere, hell give the guns auras or something, do something different like camoed trim of the weapons, you could even do a gadget of some sort which makes a gun look like another, i hate it when in games you have a sexy looking weapon which is actually pretty crap.

I will test it with a standard Rifle and sniper to see how it goes. if i like it then i will do a small test area for you guys to test out, if you like it then i will add in a test for all the weapons and see how they go. 

it might end up being some weapons get all the attachment treatment others might not. Bows/Pistol for example might just get scopes and rounds, but Rifles will get allot more

Might take you up on that.

I will test it with a standard Rifle and sniper to see how it goes. if i like it then i will do a small test area for you guys to test out, if you like it then i will add in a test for all the weapons and see how they go. 

it might end up being some weapons get all the attachment treatment others might not. Bows/Pistol for example might just get scopes and rounds, but Rifles will get allot more

And i nearly forgot, reload animation need to be a bit fancy. Well as long as it isnt battlefield where you dont see much of anything then it will be fine, hope its not too hard, you seem to be a one man army at the moment.

Listen if you care.

And i nearly forgot, reload animation need to be a bit fancy. Well as long as it isnt battlefield where you dont see much of anything then it will be fine, hope its not too hard, you seem to be a one man army at the moment.

Im planning to add in something for Reload animations, im not saying what but its going to be a hidden exp mechanic so the more you use the weapon the less time your reloads stumbles or have issues with reloading.

like 1/10 chance to have issues reloading like clip is jamming or something.

Im planning to add in something for Reload animations, im not saying what but its going to be a hidden exp mechanic so the more you use the weapon the less time your reloads stumbles or have issues with reloading.

You could copy the gears of war thing where there is like some sort of threshold where if you click the reload button again then you have a quicker reload but if you miss that threshold then you reload takes longer.

Listen if you care.

I don't think this feature will work out well. It will introduce an element of luck into the game, and thereby it will be frustating to encounter while in a gun match with other player. 

You can make it so that the more you use a gun, the faster it reloads. 

You could implament the feature in singelplayer or/and co-op, since it won't be as frustrating and would add a level of realism into the game., 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I don't think this feature will work out well. It will introduce an element of luck into the game, and thereby it will be frustating to encounter while in a gun match with other player. 

You could implament the feature in singelplayer or/and co-op, since it won't be as frustrating and would add a level of realism into the game., 

The plan is to make it for Co-op

Multiplayer is going to be a second element where maps are unlocked from playing the story/co-op

If you need a tester for high-res high end count me in.

I'll read more about the game on the first page/rest of the thread and post on here a bit!  Lemme know if you ever need help with testing things.

(i'm not very developmently-inclined, but I'll help where I can)

Followed the topic as-well.

Also, about your 4k testing, I may be buying a 4k monitor sometime to replace my 5760x1080 setup, depending on the prices this year.  If they prices are still ridiculous in a couple months I'll probably get 3 1440p's instead.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think the reloading issues, such as a problem with the magazine insertion or weapon jam is a good idea tbh, it could also factor in the condition of a weapon (possibly a skill of sorts) that attributes to the likelihood of it having a stoppage or firing issue. A poorly maintained weapon is a poorly performing weapon.

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

The trouble with that is if it gets hacked then it will be a massive issue. Also we dont want it to be too friendly to people that are high ranked compared to the newlets.

Listen if you care.

The trouble with that is if it gets hacked then it will be a massive issue. Also we dont want it to be too friendly to people that are high ranked compared to the newlets.

Weapon unlocks will be gained via gathering of resources for in game trading with NPC's or building from designs picked up from Cabinates, lockers, corpses as well as reverse engineering.

I will add in more details later on but the plan is all weapons will be on the same level and the only bonuses a player gets is via playing the game, looking around and interacting with NPC's.

Rarer weapons and attachments will require more resources like Scrap metal, Lenses and other things.

I want to try and balance everything for everyone. 

BUT items (Other than starting gear) will not be obtainable by a simple click, everything has to be worked for, i have plans to stop the game feel repetitive however i will explain all this in detail later down the line.

Thinking of maybe doing Figures at some point using 3d Printers.

Thoughts?

Thinking of maybe doing Figures at some point using 3d Printers.

Thoughts?

That would be awsome. If you could have them made in a larger quantity in the future, they could be used as a pledge goal in the Kickstarter. But only if you can have them made somewhat cheaply.

That would be awsome. If you could have them made in a larger quantity in the future, they could be used as a pledge goal in the Kickstarter. But only if you can have them made somewhat cheaply.

Im looking in to it,

I was looking at using ShapeWays or a similar company, Only option they have is Coloured Sandstone though.

Im looking in to it,

I was looking at using ShapeWays or a similar company, Only option they have is Coloured Sandstone though.

Hmm, they figures could be ´sold´ (I really lack a better word here) as a model that you could paint yourself, like Warhammer figures.

Hmm, they figures could be ´sold´ (I really lack a better word here) as a model that you could paint your self, like Warhammer.

Thought of that as an option, Would be Viable but i like the option of a Full Colour version aswell.

I can do a few Brass versions for competitions aswell

Next Update will be around the 9th of feb, going to try do a monthly update on the progress, Will be Concept arts on the Male/Female player and hopefully some Level concepts.

Will update the Original Post with the new work.

In addition. Trying to redesign the website, Any suggestions for this would be nice.

Next Update will be around the 9th of feb, going to try do a monthly update on the progress, Will be Concept arts on the Male/Female player and hopefully some Level concepts.

Will update the Original Post with the new work.

In addition. Trying to redesign the website, Any suggestions for this would be nice.

I thick you should do a bit of research on colour psychology, it helps you to understand the colours for a website. Not sure how it works but the facts seem to be there, eg blue and green are great colours.

Listen if you care.

I just wanted to say, after catching up on this, I love the way you are taking the in game features. 

Adding an element of luck that can be trained away is a good thing imo for noobs. It will give them a rare chance against a more experienced (in FPS, not in this specific game) player. Just so long as it is rare (so 1/10th is good to start with imo). I just think that at some point of training with the weapon, the luck based element can be completely trained away. So if it's a 10% chance to jam or wtv and you train it down, it should be able to reach 0% at some point within a reasonable time frame. Or "So low it will never realistically happen." like 0.0000001%

I also love the idea of having you unlock maps by playing the story/co-op. This wouldn't force people to play those modes, but would offer a good incentive to, and teach them how to play the game for when they do play multiplayer later on. 

I'm all for a Kickstarter. I love Kickstarter. And your plan for it seems solid. The number 1 way to get a lot of people to pledge is to get your game well known, and to show off what it can be. 

The more polished it is when you show it off in Kickstarter, the better. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I just wanted to say, after catching up on this, I love the way you are taking the in game features. 

Adding an element of luck that can be trained away is a good thing imo for noobs. It will give them a rare chance against a more experienced (in FPS, not in this specific game) player. Just so long as it is rare (so 1/10th is good to start with imo). I just think that at some point of training with the weapon, the luck based element can be completely trained away. So if it's a 10% chance to jam or wtv and you train it down, it should be able to reach 0% at some point within a reasonable time frame. Or "So low it will never realistically happen." like 0.0000001%

I also love the idea of having you unlock maps by playing the story/co-op. This wouldn't force people to play those modes, but would offer a good incentive to, and teach them how to play the game for when they do play multiplayer later on. 

I'm all for a Kickstarter. I love Kickstarter. And your plan for it seems solid. The number 1 way to get a lot of people to pledge is to get your game well known, and to show off what it can be. 

The more polished it is when you show it off in Kickstarter, the better. 

Thanks for the support.

The plan at the moment it to get something playable but not in anyway polished by June/July Time. Will be releasing it to the people Listed in the first post for Testing.

Will contain things like, Standard Combat with Basic Weapons, Cover system, Parkour/Mantling mechanics, as well as the standard Survival Mode AI.

Will be Very unpolished and im Talking with Epic about implementing an Update system for the game so you don't have to Re-download the entire thing every time things get added in. Will help with progressing the game allot faster because of the more active feedback.

I thick you should do a bit of research on colour psychology, it helps you to understand the colours for a website. Not sure how it works but the facts seem to be there, eg blue and green are great colours.

I'm looking in to more layout rather than colour scheme at the moment, aswell as what needs to be included (Forums, Update/Development blogs/Downloads/Galleries .ext)