Samsung pushing notification ads

Nineshadow

Have you heard? Samsung has announced new phones. In case you have not heard, here's an ad in your notification shade. It looks like this has happened to at least a few people thanks to the Samsung Push Service. In a separate incident, I myself have been served an ad by the bundled Peel remote app. Is nothing sacred anymore, Samsung?

nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-08-20-10-18-46 nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-08-20-10-18-51 nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-08-20-10-22-32

We were all aghast when HTC pushed that Fantastic Four ad to its users, but here Samsung is doing the same thing to some Samsung owners. The ad in question promotes the Galaxy S6 Edge+. The Samsung Push Service is supposed to provide notification support for Samsung's app—things like Samsung Pay, Samsung Link, and so on. I guess it can do ads too.

nexus2cee_2015-08-20-14.14.21-329x585.pn nexus2cee_2015-08-20-14.14.26-329x585.pn

My experience with the Peel remote app is a little different. This isn't a Samsung app, but it's one that is distributed as part of the stock Galaxy S6 software package. The ad it showed was for a TV program (sponsored by Land Rover) on Bravo. Tapping on it opened the Peel app so I could set a reminder to watch it. Whether or not Samsung has anything to do with this exact scenario is secondary—it bundles this app with the phone and controls the user experience. This shouldn't happen. The GS6E+ ad is really just unforgivable, though. I don't think you can justify that one at all. For shame, Samsung.

SOURCE

Woah Samsung, that's bad.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Have you heard? Samsung has announced new phones. In case you have not heard, here's an ad in your notification shade. It looks like this has happened to at least a few people thanks to the Samsung Push Service. In a separate incident, I myself have been served an ad by the bundled Peel remote app. Is nothing sacred anymore, Samsung?

nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-08-20-10-18-46 nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-08-20-10-18-51 nexus2cee_screenshot_2015-08-20-10-22-32

We were all aghast when HTC pushed that Fantastic Four ad to its users, but here Samsung is doing the same thing to some Samsung owners. The ad in question promotes the Galaxy S6 Edge+. The Samsung Push Service is supposed to provide notification support for Samsung's app—things like Samsung Pay, Samsung Link, and so on. I guess it can do ads too.

nexus2cee_2015-08-20-14.14.21-329x585.pn nexus2cee_2015-08-20-14.14.26-329x585.pn

My experience with the Peel remote app is a little different. This isn't a Samsung app, but it's one that is distributed as part of the stock Galaxy S6 software package. The ad it showed was for a TV program (sponsored by Land Rover) on Bravo. Tapping on it opened the Peel app so I could set a reminder to watch it. Whether or not Samsung has anything to do with this exact scenario is secondary—it bundles this app with the phone and controls the user experience. This shouldn't happen. The GS6E+ ad is really just unforgivable, though. I don't think you can justify that one at all. For shame, Samsung.

SOURCE

Woah Samsung, that's bad.

welp catcha later suckers *running away with a moto x 2014 * 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Fuck you Samsung, fuck you.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

This is why I love my Nexus 6.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

welp catcha later suckers *running away with a moto x 2014 * 

Me too.

But 2013 :(

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is why I love my Nexus 6.

The Nexus 6 wasn't too good of a device honestly. Motorola didn't bring anything new, they just made a bigger Moto X with a QHD screen. Not only that, but they missed the entire point of Nexus devices.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The Nexus 6 wasn't too good of a device honestly. Motorola didn't bring anything new, they just made a bigger Moto X with a QHD screen. Not only that, but they missed the entire point of Nexus devices.

I didn't say the Nexus 6 was the best device I just said I love it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I didn't say the Nexus 6 was the best device I just said I love it.

Glad you got a phone you love then.

Me too.

But 2013 :(

damn sad story bro.

do you have lollipop ? because i do

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Glad you got a phone you love then.

I havent tried android M though I might install the SDK or wait till October for the update.

Spoiler

-

And here I was looking into buying a Samsung device. Guess I'll take my money elsewhere then.

damn sad story bro.

do you have lollipop ? because i do

KitKat...

But getting g4 or nexus 6 soon

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Install CyanogenMod.

Lets be honest here, OEM versions of Android blow.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wow that's a dick move Samsung. If I pay for a premium device then I don't want a bunch of ads shoved down my throat. I could kind of accept ads on the Kindle because it was so cheap, but this is a flagship phone...

Lets be honest here, OEM versions of Android blow.

I am actually quite found of Sony's skin. You would probably not even realize it wasn't stock Android until you entered the settings menu (or noticed some of the Sony very few Sony apps).

Hate me all you want but I'm switching to iPhone next year. I just can't take Samsung anymore. My Galaxy 4 note has not been stable for weeks now. My apps keeps on freezing and I've been getting a lot of apps installed without my permission. I can't even remove certain apps. :| 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Hate me all you want but I'm switching to iPhone next year. I just can't take Samsung anymore. My Galaxy 4 note has not been stable for weeks now. My apps keeps on freezing and I've been getting a lot of apps installed without my permission. I can't even remove certain apps. :| 

My Note 3 has poorer battery life recently....

But i don't really care, going to upgrade to a Note 5. 

Been used to using a Note and never going back to a iPhone or a Nexus. 

NO NO NO

If I understood correctly.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

google tell vendors who want to involve their brand should not load trash and unbloated. like ms did.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Install CyanogenMod.

knox doesnt let you, and yes there might be ways, but the time i spent getting a s4 on cyanogen without knox fucking shit up took 6 hours with no hope. so thats no option. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Welp, Shamesung is out of control and is now enforcing ads down pushed into our buttholes.

With HTC crawling for moneh like a crack-ass crackho, Sony making ugly phones that looks like the same as previous gen and Apple selling like hot cakes despites the high prices,

Shamesung basically can do whatever they want.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

knox doesnt let you, and yes there might be ways, but the time i spent getting a s4 on cyanogen without knox fucking shit up took 6 hours with no hope. so thats no option. 

Really on my S4, all i had to do was flash twrp using odin and then install cyanogenmod from there. took like 30min for me including just waiting for it to install and stuff