Samsung pushing notification ads

Nineshadow

I swear Samsung kill there phones with there software I think they would be really good if they ran something more stock

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i will NEVER  buy ANY phone that does this EVER

Hate me all you want but I'm switching to iPhone next year. I just can't take Samsung anymore. My Galaxy 4 note has not been stable for weeks now. My apps keeps on freezing and I've been getting a lot of apps installed without my permission. I can't even remove certain apps. :| 

welcome to the darkside

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

NO, no, no, no, no, no. I don't spend $500+ on a phone just to get ads on my notification screen or on my phone home screen in general.

Welp was deciding between the S6 and the iPhone 6... Its decided.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Welp was deciding between the S6 and the iPhone 6... Its decided.

You could always choose to not feed the 2 companies with the largest profits in the smartphone market....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Disable push? Or even better, install a custom ROM.

Think of how many Samsung users there are in the world, then think of how many users know how to do either of those things.

Most of their user base never change anything from defaults.

You could always choose to not feed the 2 companies with the largest profits in the smartphone market....

And buy what? The G4 which looks like butt, the sony which hasnt changed since 2013, OnePlus, which noone can even get, the ZenFone which id have to import or the HTC that is crap in a shell?

Yeah no, i want something to serve me for the next 4-5 years like my LG 4x HD has.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

And buy what? The G4 which looks like butt, the sony which hasnt changed since 2013, OnePlus, which noone can even get, the ZenFone which id have to import or the HTC that is crap in a shell?

Yeah no, i want something to serve me for the next 4-5 years like my LG 4x HD has.

Don't forget that the market is saturated, there are loads of very good phones to choose from. Phones not made by the companies you just mentioned (ZTE is an example).

PMSL

I'm glad I bailed the Samsung boat. Ever since I got Sony Xperia Z1, I haven't looked back at Sammies.

I'm so glad I didn't buy a Samsung phone. Love you Sony and my Z1! :D

Brother?

The battery life is a bit meh on mine (2 years old phone, so bound to happen),  but other than that, been liking it. Too bad the battery isn't replaceable. Though I was surprised that Z1 got an update from Android 4.4.2 to 5.0.3. (And I almost bricked my phone doing that: did it without plugging it into a charger, after the update had 1% battery left)

I am actually quite found of Sony's skin. You would probably not even realize it wasn't stock Android until you entered the settings menu (or noticed some of the Sony very few Sony apps).

Also using the Sony's skin of Android, haven't had many issues with it. It's not completely bug-free, but at least has much less issues than TouchWiz, and also isn't a lagfest like TouchWiz is. Because of that, I haven't really bothered with custom ROMs.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Don't forget that the market is saturated, there are loads of very good phones to choose from. Phones not made by the companies you just mentioned (ZTE is an example).

Well i live somewhere where its almost impossible to get anything that is not a big brand. That is one argument against it. The other is, While Xiaomi or whatever brand penetrates our market may have good phones, i want them to be good phones for 5 years. meaning i expect software updates and tech support to be up to scratch. And Apple is one of the rare companies that excell at that

I'm glad I bailed the Samsung boat. Ever since I got Sony Xperia Z1, I haven't looked back at Sammies.

Brother?

The battery life is a bit meh on mine (2 years old phone, so bound to happen),  but other than that, been liking it. Too bad the battery isn't replaceable. Though I was surprised that Z1 got an update from Android 4.4.2 to 5.0.3. (And I almost bricked my phone doing that: did it without plugging it into a charger, after the update had 1% battery left)

Also using the Sony's skin of Android, haven't had many issues with it. It's not completely bug-free, but at least has much less issues than TouchWiz, and also isn't a lagfest like TouchWiz is. Because of that, I haven't really bothered with custom ROMs.

I'm kind of lucky in that regard, my tablet (branded Pendo, rooted as a Samsung tablet of all things) came with an all stock version of Android-no bloatware at all. Pretty much I can mod it to my hearts content without screwing anything up.

PMSL

I feel they might get sued sometime in the future, the same as they got sued for bloatware. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Brother?

Sony skin is perfect, loved it since I used the Xperia U!

My battery is ok, can't really complain. It is replaceable if you open the phone up which isn't that complicated, I opened my up once before, however, if you wish that it remains waterproof you will have to order a new back cover or a new glue thingy, which isn't expensive at all, the back with glue on it is like 5-6e. I'm going to open mine up again in about a month, to replace the speaker grill, I've bent it a bit and to clean it. :D

Sony skin is perfect, loved it since I used the Xperia U!

My battery is ok, can't really complain. It is replaceable if you open the phone up which isn't that complicated, I opened my up once before, however, if you wish that it remains waterproof you will have to order a new back cover or a new glue thingy, which isn't expensive at all, the back with glue on it is like 5-6e. I'm going to open mine up again in about a month, to replace the speaker grill, I've bent it a bit and to clean it. :D

I don't have good handcrafting skills myself... Would probably end up destroying the device if I tried to replace it's battery.

Water proofing isn't too much of an issue; as long as it can stand heavy rainfall for over an hour, it's fine. Never submerged it in water. Though that (rain-resistance) was one reason I picked Xperia Z1 over other second-hand alternatives, I just wasn't comfortable having the phone out in rain even if it was inside my pocket until then.

Xperia Z1 was also just a little too big for my liking, but now I have gotten used to it. Though if I could chose between a normal version or the compact variant, I'd pick the latter.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I don't have good handcrafting skills myself... Would probably end up destroying the device if I tried to replace it's battery.

Water proofing isn't too much of an issue; as long as it can stand heavy rainfall for over an hour, it's fine. Never submerged it in water. Though that (rain-resistance) was one reason I picked Xperia Z1 over other second-hand alternatives, I just wasn't comfortable having the phone out in rain even if it was inside my pocket until then.

Xperia Z1 was also just a little too big for my liking, but now I have gotten used to it. Though if I could chose between a normal version or the compact variant, I'd pick the latter.

The compact variant has issues of it's own, it heats up more than the full version (not overheat, but heat). Also, there are some flash bleed issues with it. I had thought a 4.5" phone was too big, but then I owned two 5" phones and I loved them both. So the Z1 fits perfectly for me, love it! :D I haven't submerged mine either, have no need for it. My brother has a ZR and it's had beer spilled on it several times with no problems at all.

I love the audio output to headphones on the Z1, awesome quality! :D

I've seen both ZenFone variants on sale so I don't know why you'd have to import?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Deal-breaker for me. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

People really need to start fighting back against intrusive ads on the internet.

That, or prepare to have your youtube video interrupted by an ad that's longer than the video you are actually watching, that you can't skip.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My Note 3 has poorer battery life recently....

But i don't really care, going to upgrade to a Note 5. 

Been used to using a Note and never going back to a iPhone or a Nexus. 

If you want battery, get a Xperia Z2 or Z3...

My Z2 is 2 years old, i use it for spotify 8 hours a day... battery still lasts me 2-3 days after all this time :|

monster phone. truly is.

Why people still buy samsung products lmfao :D

Their tablets are nice.

Had the old 10.1 Note, currently have a 10.5 S series.... kinda miss the battery life of my old note tab, but dat screen on the S series though, man that is fantastic.

Alright, Scamsung and Apple iDorks are scratched off my list. My next phablet will be either a Huawei or a Meizu.

They seem to deliver quality without ads and and also good price ratio. Scamsung and iDorks are just names you almost pay with like your soul.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Alright, Scamsung and Apple iDorks are scratched off my list. My next phablet will be either a Huawei or a Meizu.

They seem to deliver quality without ads and and also good price ratio. Scamsung and iDorks are just names you almost pay with like your soul.

If you wanted a phablet I'd suggest an LG G4 or even an LG G3.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If you wanted a phablet I'd suggest an LG G4 or even an LG G3.

I did want the G3 but pairing an SD801 with 1440p was kinda bad decision. G4 seems to be alright.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280