windows 10 usage share hits flat

jos

windows-10s-usage-share-stalls-100609057

Windows 10's usage share, nearly 6.6% on Sunday, dropped to 5.8% Monday, then slipped to 5.7% Wednesday, numbers from StatCounter showed. Week-over-week increases also weakened, falling from healthy gains in both percentage and absolute terms the week before to the lowest since the July 29 rollout of the new operating system.

On Tuesday, Windows 10's week-over-week increase fell under 20% for the first time, and its absolute increase in user share slipped under the one-percentage-point bar, also for the first time.

Yesterday, for example, Windows 10's user share was 5.7%, or 15% higher than the previous Wednesday. Likewise, the eight-tenths of a percentage point increase between the two was the smallest seen so far in StatCounter's tracking.

The fall-off on Monday from Sunday's peak of 6.6% was normal: Consumer-oriented operating systems, as are the vast bulk of those that have been upgraded to Windows 10, typically peak on weekends, then fall when people return to work where they sit in front of an older OS on their office devices.

But the flat line shown by Windows 10 this week was a first. For all the outside world knows, Microsoft may have hit the Pause button on upgrades this week.

Hope PC sales will be strong .. What i feel is no one purchased a PC in 3 days...

Source: http://www.computerworld.com/article/2973959/microsoft-windows/windows-10s-usage-share-growth-flatlines.html

Windows 7 users went back up in those days it was at a plateau.

LOL

not u again... that timing, we posting somthing random at the same time again hahaha

(◑‿◐)

To be honest if you check the days +12, +13 and +14, it's somewhat similar to the last three days. We'll have to see a plateau for at least 14 days before making any conclusions.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

You keep saying that. Can you specify what bugs you're talking about?

search tag windows 10 ( and there are plenty without tags aswell , probably even much more )

{。^◕‿◕^。} see for urself

(◑‿◐)

Lolz, what a dodgy graph.

No way win 10 usage is higher than win7 or that win 7 usage is only 2-3%.

Also the graph stagnated and declined before.

The reason for decline is specified in the post

Ugh this is Windows XP all over again. People sticking to vastly obsolete OS' for the hell of it. Listen Windows 7 was nice.. in 2010. Just let it go. Even Windows 8.1 has been vstly superior to 7 for over a year.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Ugh this is Windows XP all over again. People sticking to vastly obsolete OS' for the hell of it. Listen Windows 7 was nice.. in 2010. Just let it go. Even Windows 8.1 has been vstly superior to 7 for over a year.

Windows XP was an absolutely broken mess though, people are now returning to proven operating systems.

do i really need to chew all ur food for u?

http://linustechtips.com/main/tags/forums/windows%2B10/

dont reply bullshit comments if u didnt even look

http://linustechtips.com/main/tags/forums/windows%2B7/

Such terrible OS. People on tech forum asking for help with problems. Must be bad. Windows 7 pile of shit.

The fact that you couldn't name a single problem yourself without searching a tech forum specifically looking for them tells me that you a) don't know what you're talking about and b) know shit all about statistics and the effect of a biased sample.

http://linustechtips.com/main/tags/forums/windows%2B7/

Such terrible OS. People on tech forum asking for help with problems. Must be bad. Windows 7 pile of shit.

The fact that you couldn't name a single problem yourself without searching a tech forum specifically looking for them tells me that you a) don't know what you're talking about and b) know shit all about statistics and the effect of a biased sample.

win7 is currently stable, win10 is not

end of story (◑‿◐)

(◑‿◐)

My windows 10 is running fine and smooth, the only real problems are the drivers

Well, I'm sure it will gain significant market share until end of the year. It works great and it needs more polishing like everything else.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Meh. The time frame is too short to be conclusive of anything. We'll have a better idea at the 6 month, 12 month, and 18 month marks.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

You keep saying that. Can you specify what bugs you're talking about?

Just from personal experience: 1) non working start menu and 2) non working edge browser + non working internet explorer.

To fix the start menu, I had to reboot after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL (if you chose 'shut down' instead, the computer would hibernate and restart with the problem).

The edge browser and internet explorer failing happened before I installed Firefox, which meant I had to download the .exe file on a USB stick on another PC and then put in on the W10 computer.

(Both bugs fixed after an update, I have to admit)

As a bonus, you're spied on and you're unable to prevent updates.

You don't need much more to scare the averager user.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Just from personal experience: 1) non working start menu and 2) non working edge browser + non working internet explorer.

To fix the start menu, I had to reboot after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL (if you chose 'shut down' instead, the computer would hibernate and restart with the problem).

The edge browser and internet explorer failing happened before I installed Firefox, which meant I had to download the .exe file on a USB stick on another PC and then put in on the W10 computer.

Never used Edge or IE so I don't have experience there. I've never heard of the start menu not working though.

The privacy and updates things aren't bugs, though, they're by design.

The biggest problems I'm having is updates get stuck at "preparing to install updates" which stays there and never installs, getting stuck at 0%. That's on my laptop.

On both my laptop and desktop, the search function doesn't work.

I did the upgrade option on both but am going to do a clean install on my lappy this weekend, which I'm hoping will fix those few issues. Desktop will follow sometime thereafter.

Other than that, windows 10 has been damn smooth for such a new release.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Never used Edge or IE so I don't have experience there. I've never heard of the start menu not working though.

The privacy and updates things aren't bugs, though, they're by design.

Using Edge as my secondary browser, works fine. Start menu did bug out on me twice. A shutdown fixed it unlike what you said. As you said, problems that are gone already.

Can't argue much about the spying, but inability to prevent updates. Does anyone not install all the updates already? Those who have the need to worry about these updates probably would get the Pro version anyways.

The biggest problems I'm having is updates get stuck at "preparing to install updates" which stays there and never installs, getting stuck at 0%. That's on my laptop.

On both my laptop and desktop, the search function doesn't work.

I did the upgrade option on both but am going to do a clean install on my lappy this weekend, which I'm hoping will fix those few issues. Desktop will follow sometime thereafter.

Other than that, windows 10 has been damn smooth for such a new release.

Yeah a lot of those problems happen because you are upgrading. Never had none of those problems on my laptop and desktop with clean installs.

Windows 10 has been way better than 7 for me. No issues at all. Love the new features and look, plus a lot more snappy.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina