"Hey Cortana, wake up my PC!" A possibility with Intel Skylake CPUs

GoodBytes

Do goats float..? I bet Microsoft knows the truth on that..

idk, we should consult the goat simulator on that, i heard its an excelent simulation of goat life and style

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I don't have mic and webcam on my computer. No worries for me.   :P

You can have a mic and webcam.. just don't get Skylake.

LOL

I did this with my amps that are prone to hissing and buzzing (PC controls volume, amp has fixed gain) and it nearly eliminated the issue

For real?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I need this feature:

"Hey cortana block telemetry and uninstall yourself for me thx babe".

Or show me your tities ill think about it.

Not quite sure what this means...

post-193628-0-07948000-1440005033_thumb.

post-193628-0-07948000-1440005033_thumb.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

hmmm

has lazy gone to far. 

remote controller for TVs, son. Voice is just the next step.

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

Seems interesting.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Gotta admit I set up my Android phone, with tasker, autovoice, and wake on lan. So that I can tell my phone to wake my PC. Or indeed just press a button to wake my PC from my phone. Automation is cool, so I'm all for this kind of stuff. But the always listening thing is pretty off putting.

I could see this being a good feature for HTPCs and Steam Boxes hooked up to a TV. 

COMIC SANS

I'm going to stick with my trusty windows 7.  Gentlemen prepare your tin foil hats! 

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

I would prefer "Hey microsoft, stop spying on me when my computer is turned off"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So Microsoft not only want to know everything you type but everything you say as well :P

maybe one day I can wake it up by giving it my DNA sample and donating my sperm for it to build a clone army

Do you REALLY think someone is sitting in a dark room listening to EVERY thing you say lol, there's no way they could hire enough people to do that for everyone, it's most likely an algorithm in PC's that sifts through it all, gets rid of the 99% of useless things first.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Not quite sure what this means...

That's a default response. I've gotten it before when asking weird things she has no programmed response for.

As for if I've upgraded to 10 and use Cortana... I've upgraded two PCs to 10, but disabled Cortana on both, one because I didn't get much use out of her on the desktop and two because the other PC doesn't have a mic.

My favorite is

"Hey Cortana! Shut yourself off!"

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Do you REALLY think someone is sitting in a dark room listening to EVERY thing you say lol, there's no way they could hire enough people to do that for everyone, it's most likely an algorithm in PC's that sifts through it all, gets rid of the 99% of useless things first.

... do you REALLY think I was not joking....

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sleep mode? That still a thing on desktop ?

Very much so. Instant resume where you left off.

... do you REALLY think I was not joking....

I'm just annoyed and tired of all these ppl on LTT bitching about every single little thing to do with monitoring data.  Nobodies doing anything besides sitting on their ass bitching about it and it's annoying AF.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm just annoyed and tired of all these ppl on LTT bitching about every single little thing to do with monitoring data.  Nobodies doing anything besides sitting on their ass bitching about it and it's annoying AF.

I am literally using W10 right now, and I use cortana and siri and have multiple facebook and twitter accounts etc etc

Doesn't mean we cant discuss it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Upgraded to Windows 10, can't use Cortana yet as not available in Canada yet.

When I first upgraded, my region was set to France and Cortana worked... Now I switched to Canada and it doesnt work.

Yeah... We should stop bitching about the terrible things going on. If someone shows up at my door and want to install cameras in my house then I should not put up any resistance. If I bitch about it I'll be annoying!

/sarcasm (needed because some people actually think this way)

I thought this was a terrible idea when it launched on Android phones, when the Xbone was announced to have it and I still think it is terrible. I do not want a microphone anywhere near me that records everything I say and sends it to a company which has been found to breaking the law several times in the past. I don't even want it to send everything I say to someone I trust like a close friend.

It is mind blowing that companies are even trying to push this garbage after things like PRISM were uncovered.