"Hey Cortana, wake up my PC!" A possibility with Intel Skylake CPUs

GoodBytes

my cats sleep on my keyboard...

Smack your keyboard with your cat or the other way around. Still wake up the computer.

Smack your keyboard with your cat or the other way around. Still wake up the computer.

the cats wake it up for me and then it starts folding, the room gets hotter than satan's butthole, so I just disabled the kb and mouse from waking up the pc

the cats wake it up for me and then it starts folding, the room gets hotter than satan's butthole, so I just disabled the kb and mouse from waking up the pc

Could just disable your cat from the computer..

how many people have actually upgraded to windows 10 and how many use cortana 

Upgraded to Windows 10, can't use Cortana yet as not available in Canada yet.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

maybe one day I can wake it up by giving it my DNA sample and donating my sperm for it to build a clone army

How can you give your sperm... the computer is sleeping. That means no p0rn !!1! 

My computer is connected to my TV so I wouldn't mind if I could wake it up (it's actually on 24/7), or launch things like Plex, games or whatever.

one does not simply disable a cat from a computer. And its lots easier just telling the pc to ignore keyboard when sleeping

True..

ive seen this before somewhere. oh right, her.

52ea7c1e45bd2.gif

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Yeah... I'll just be sticking to 8.1 Pro on my rig, 7 Pro on my laptop, and XP Home Premium on older stuff (and then the random 98SE).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I think I'm good with just slapping my keyboard like it isn't my  business to wake my pc up :P

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Yeah... I'll just be sticking to 8.1 Pro on my rig, 7 Pro on my laptop, and XP Home Premium on older stuff (and then the random 98SE).

Aha! Clever. By using age old Windows, like Windows 3.1 or Windows 9x, you avoid all security problems as you are no longer the target.

That is like me, where I put my password to be "password". It is so idiotic, no one would think of trying that. Even saying it now, no one will try, as no one would even believe to be even true.

Aha! Cleaver. By using age old Windows, like WIndows 3.1 or Windows 9x, you avoid all security problems as you are no longer the target.

That is like me, where I put my password to be "password". It is so idiotic, no one would think of trying that. Even saying it now, no one will try, as no one would even believe to be even true.

Psh, isn't it obvious? For MAXIMUM PROTECTION, I even use tin foil on my all my cables! Even my sound card has a nice plating of it. It's like a computer condom, nothing in nothing out. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Psh, isn't it obvious? For MAXIMUM PROTECTION, I even use tin foil on my all my cables! Even my sound card has a nice plating of it. It's like a computer condom, nothing in nothing out. :P

ground the tinfoil and it makes a huge difference with noise if the cables are near other cables

Aha! Clever. By using age old Windows, like Windows 3.1 or Windows 9x, you avoid all security problems as you are no longer the target.That is like me, where I put my password to be "password". It is so idiotic, no one would think of trying that. Even saying it now, no one will try, as no one would even believe to be even true.

"security through obscurity"

I cant believe people on a tech forum circle jerk over the fact its sending data to MS. Because all of us know that they have both the resources and reason to sift through all of that data and look at your passwords and shit.  and for every user of their OS they have a tech that listens to what they tell cortana 24/7. The tinfoil hattery is over 9000 here suddenly...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

ground the tinfoil and it makes a huge difference with noise if the cables are near other cables

Why didn't I think of this before?!?!?!? I MUST GO ENHANCE MY COMPUTER CONDOM.

I cant believe people on a tech forum circle jerk over the fact its sending data to MS. Because all of us know that they have both the resources and reason to sift through all of that data and look at your passwords and shit.  and for every user of their OS they have a tech that listens to what they tell cortana 24/7. The tinfoil hattery is over 9000 here suddenly...

Ahem.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Don't forget, they track your mouse movement. Dunno what you can interpret from that data but they do!  :rolleyes:

I don't have mic and webcam on my computer. No worries for me.   :P

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Why didn't I think of this before?!?!?!? I MUST GO ENHANCE MY COMPUTER CONDOM.

Ahem.

LOL

I did this with my amps that are prone to hissing and buzzing (PC controls volume, amp has fixed gain) and it nearly eliminated the issue

Don't forget, they track your mouse movement. Dunno what you can interpret from that data but they do!  :rolleyes:

oh well. draw dicks, to entertain your personal MS employed spy, if that floats your goat

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

oh well. draw dicks, to entertain your personal MS employed spy, if that floats your goat

Do goats float..? I bet Microsoft knows the truth on that..