US mobile network tests for 2015 is out; T-Mobile CEO calls it "bull****"

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/blog/special-reports/2015-1h-national-us

Source 2: http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/08/john-legere-blasts-bullsh-network-rankings-says-t-mobile-is-1/

Root Metrics has come out with their US mobile network test for the first half of 2015, and T-Mobile's CEO John Legere calls the report "bullshit." Basically he's not happy because the report shows that T-Mobile isn't as good as the other carriers, yet T-Mobile's CEO says that T-Mobile is the #1 carrier. Listen Mr. Legere, I love T-Mobile, I love the awesome features, and I love your outspoken nature, but T-Mobile is far from being the #1 carrier in the US. 

I'll just link/embed the Tweets and then we'll move onto the Root Metrics report.

dddd8cac52.png

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/633483310950297600/photo/1

cdfbbe1ce4.png

e9af169c93.png

So anyways, the Root Metrics report. A total of 6.1 million tests were performed, 7,323 of which were tested indoors. A total of 237,506 miles were driven and they made sure to cover 100% of the population.

First place finishes

Verizon wins with AT&T trailing behind them, and then Sprint with a few wins, with T-Mobile coming in last.

5ea2122fdd.png

Overall performance

Verizon wins, then AT&T, then Sprint, then T-Mobile

2d3c26d994.png

Network reliability 

8a24b1ab1e.png

Network speed

Verizon wins, then AT&T, then T-Mobile, then Sprint

10b2555f93.png

Data performance

Verizon wins, then AT&T, then T-Mobile, then Sprint

9b7d88de99.png

Call performance

aec5c81e15.png

Text performance

AT&T wins, then Verizon, then Sprint, then T-Mobile

2aea2a06b7.png

To check out a few more not as necessary stats and to read the full report, the complete Root Metrics report is at the top of this thread.

COMIC SANS

Yah know what's bullshit sir? Data caps. 

And I swear they all act like children 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Legre's really salty, almost as salty as Marcelo was last time.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Honestly he is my favorite CEO of all time right now. Not just because of this, but because of how he's been overall since joining T-Mobile.

Sure T-Mobile doesn't have the best speeds/network, but they do have the best CEO!

Also their plans are top notch too.

Yah know what's bullshit sir? Data. Fucking. Caps.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS.

- snip-

Damn. He needs to understand he got screwed with the frequencies his network runs at.

Damn. He needs to understand he got screwed with the frequencies his network runs at.

It's not the frequencies. It's the overall spread of those frequencies, which unfortunately is not that good.

:/

COMIC SANS

It's not the frequencies. It's the overall spread of those frequencies, which unfortunately is not that good.

:/

well.

T-Mobiles Spectrum is kinda crap, as well as the antenna company they use, which both cause the crap speeds.

Those fucking CEO's. Show some class you idiots. These dudes run enormous companies, fuck over most of their customers and be have like children on social media.....

Jeez what I bunch of nob-heads 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Charts are great but full disclosure is better. Where exactly did they drive? Which phones were used? Who paid for this?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Those fucking CEO's. Show some class you idiots. These dudes run enormous companies, fuck over most of their customers and be have like children on social media.....

Jeez what I bunch of nob-heads 

I kind of like the more relaxed and down to Earth CEO style.

Take Ballmer for example. Terrible CEO and Microsoft seems to have gotten better since he left, but he was really hard to hate just because he was so insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-l1iGKvcog

I kind of like the more relaxed and down to Earth CEO style.

Take Ballmer for example. Terrible CEO and Microsoft seems to have gotten better since he left, but he was really hard to hate just because he was so insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-l1iGKvcog

There is a difference between "down to Earth" and being a jackass on social media. I think Elon Musk is cool guy, he seems to be fairly "down to Earth" but I don't recall him being stupid on Twitter.

A CEO can be casual on twitter, I don't at all mind that, but responding to shit in this way? I think that what you said was wrong, but I'm not going around calling it "BS" and being really aggressive about it. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Jeez what I bunch of assholes

FTFY

Also, exactly what I wanted to say.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly he is my favorite CEO of all time right now. Not just because of this, but because of how he's been overall since joining T-Mobile.

Sure T-Mobile doesn't have the best speeds/network, but they do have the best CEO!

Also their plans are top notch too.

Except they do have the best speeds according to ookla. Where it doesn't work it doesn't work, that applies to everyone but in best case scenarios T-Mobile does have the fastest.

T mobile's network is not as powerful as att's is. I can confirm this as I bought my S5 from ATT and then switched to them once my mom said the plans were too expensive.

But t mobile's plans are better as we have two lines for 110 bucks, unlimited everything

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I didnt know t-mobile had there own coverage i thought it piggybacked off of some other company. Where i live in indiana its pretty much verizon or nothing as sprint is complete shit coverage wise and at&t is lacking outside of major citites

No Google Fi Test? xD?

I guess they are  not major.

pls google hurry and take over the world. 

No Google Fi Test? xD?

I guess they are  not major.

pls google hurry and take over the world. 

Google Fi uses T-Mobile and Sprint, sooooo.....

COMIC SANS

Google Fi uses T-Mobile and Sprint, sooooo.....

In an overall test it would be able edge out.

Sprint has the second best coverage in my area (AT&T 2nd) with T-Mobile dead last, we don't get data at all here only calling. (a good 25+mile radius, not just my house.)

Lord of Helium.

Yah know what's bullshit sir? Data caps. 

And I swear they all act like children 

Caps? Not in my house:

MsWjJr1.png

I remember when I was in a Verizon store with my Dad and they asked me what carrier I was on, then they laughed cause I said I was on T-Mobile. They laughed even more when I said I was on the Unlimited plan because they said "nobody needs unlimited, thats just a marketing gimmick". I then showed them my current usage at the time(which was about 90GB) their jaws dropped, and I asked them "do you guys have any plans that can accommodate 150ish GB for only $80 a month, while also allowing 5GB hotspot lines for an additional $10 per month?". All but one guy shut up, but that one guy said "using 150GB is ridiculous, you should just use WiFi" I shut him down by saying "well I'm sorry for actually using my phone and its plan, but I'm glad that I'm on a carrier that doesn't make me feel afraid to use use my phone. If I wanted to use my WiFi, I wouldn't need a phone plan would I? Oh, and speaking of WiFi, due to the crappy ISP situation here in the US my only option is CenturyLink at 1mbps, Verizon Fios isn't possible, so why would I choose this over the 20mbps on my phone? HD looks great you know, and buffering on a 1mbps is not my idea of a good time.". The scowl he gave was worth it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed in that store any more(no worries though, no need to go their anyways :P).

I love T-Mobile, I have no regrets switching from big red.

So much salt he could dry out the pacific ocean.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

i dunno i mean i have both a sprint work phone and a tmobile personal phone and the sprint service is garbage. yeah the sprint phone is a dumb phone but that shouldnt make that big of a diffrence when i live in an area where all their cellular maps say everything is always 100% the best service they have.... sorry but i have to give tmobile the win over sprint in this case. not to mention my brother had sprint for a while and left it due to horible service and they lived in huston texas so they obviously had good service too or so they thought...

this is probaly just a case of they picked a bad location for the test of tmobile did the good thing and didnt pay the testers off to skew the scores... either way i think everyone knows that sprint is last on this list in a real world scenario. never met a person who had sprint and said they liked it or wanted out but was stuck in a contract....