Microsoft now gives 20 weeks parental leave 100% paid

GoodBytes

Yeah, sure, let's divide society in parents and people with a good job. Great idea. Imagine if your parents had thought that. Would you even be here? Would you be poor or in a street? It baffles me how people talk about children and giving birth as if it didn't concern them in the slightest, as if they hadn't been in that exact situation.

He's patrickpj3 2.0. I think I'm going to put him on my ignore list just like him. I should have learned by now to ignore idiots on the internet.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

You are lucky you are not near me when you said this. Having kids is like buying a PC to play games? You are either a really good troll or you are the missing link.

I compared having kids to PC's in the context of personal choice.  I did not say that a PC = a child.

One person's personal choice that is irrelevant to a job is no different to another person's personal choice in this context.

I compared having kids to PC's in the context of personal choice. I did not say that a PC = a child.

One person's personal choice that is irrelevant to a job is no different to another person's personal choice in this context.

You my friend are everything wrong with the world, the parental leave is not for the parents alone it's for the child as well, they have rights as well, we need children to support us in the future, if we don't have systems in place to ensure that children can grow up with a fair chance then we're consigning all but a very few to poverty, a part of that fair chance is making sure that the parents life does not become unnecessarily hard, and it is fair to all employees, have a kid you get time off, break your leg you get time off,

You my friend are everything wrong with the world, the parental leave is not for the parents alone it's for the child as well, they have rights as well, we need children to support us in the future, if we don't have systems in place to ensure that children can grow up with a fair chance then we're consigning all but a very few to poverty, a part of that fair chance is making sure that the parents life does not become unnecessarily hard, and it is fair to all employees, have a kid you get time off, break your leg you get time off,

Parents are free to leave work and take care of the child's needs.  I just don't think they should get paid for it.  Everyone else's salary is less when that parent is being paid during this time.  Other co-workers did not ask for that person to have a child.

I say it is perfectly fine for the parent to leave their current job and not be paid while they take care of their own personal choices.  As the parent, they should certainly have 20 weeks of pay (at bare minimum) in the bank if they are having kids in the first place.

bet barnacules is pissed..........

again....

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Parents are free to leave work and take care of the child's needs. I just don't think they should get paid for it. Everyone else's salary is less when that parent is being paid during this time. Other co-workers did not ask for that person to have a child.

I say it is perfectly fine for the parent to leave their current job and not be paid while they take care of their own personal choices. As the parent, they should certainly have 20 weeks of pay (at bare minimum) in the bank if they are having kids in the first place.

Even though basis of my argument wasn't monetary that's the only thing you complain about, unlike the way you see it the world is more then money and time and it's when we forget this that we start to destroy our own society's

Quite honestly , even 2 years wouldn't be enough.

Parental leave is really problematic for both sides . 20 weeks with full payment seems reasonable .

No, a five month old kid still needs the parents around 99% of the time.

Based on Wikipedia, the U.S government has no regulations on this. States defines them, but not directly the U.S government. It is all up to companies.

Washington state, where Microsoft main office are located, only says that if the company has more than 50 employees, they need to offer 12 weeks off, and it is up to the company to decide to pay or not pay them. And as you can imagine, most companies follow the minimum.

Here is table of what is offered per country:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave

From what I can see, 20 weeks is above most countries, especially the 100% paid part.

I think some countries in Europe you can get up to a year with company leave and then the insurance taking over? Not 100%.

Uh... if you don't have kids you don't need the leave... whereas if you have kids, not having it could be a disaster.

..wait, why was I tagged?

..wait, why was I tagged?

I quoted you because I agreed :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I quoted you because I agreed :)

Oh, okay. Got confused why there wasn't anything there.

Aww how nice of them.  B)

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

This is racist against those who don't have kids.

It's not their fault some of you can't get any. :mellow:

It's not their fault some of you can't get any. :mellow:

Then it's racist and sexist!

No, a five month old kid still needs the parents around 99% of the time.

I'm not dissagreeing with this. All I'm saying is that it's pretty complex issue .

You're tasked with setting parental leave duration - do You really think that You could give more? 

I'm not dissagreeing with this. All I'm saying is that it's pretty complex issue .

You're tasked with setting parental leave duration - do You really think that You could give more? 

..yeah.. Because raising kids for the future generations is damn important. The first year or two are very critical in brain development.

That's awesome for their employees I guess. I mean they are definitely going out there with it, since I couldn't imagine having to pay someone for 5 months that does nothing for me. Good going Microsoft though

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

..yeah.. Because raising kids for the future generations is damn important. The first year or two are very critical in brain development.

You're deluding yourself if You think this is reasonable.

20 weeks is standard in Poland - find me research which says that Poles are behind other countries because of that.

Would you hire pregnant woman and let her take >20 weeks of parental leave? What would you do if she would get pregnant every year?

You're deluding yourself if You think this is reasonable.

20 weeks is standard in Poland - find me research which says that Poles are behind other countries because of that.

Would you hire pregnant woman and let her take >20 weeks of parental leave? What would you do if she would get pregnant every year?

Oh look, debate, no.

It is reasonable because you need a year's time with your kid to start their mental development, not a lot happens in the first five months but the seven after are still VERY crucial.

Conveniently ignore the thing about insurance, kthxbai. I don't care.

Oh look, debate, no.

It is reasonable because you need a year's time with your kid to start their mental development, not a lot happens in the first five months but the seven after are still VERY crucial.

Conveniently ignore the thing about insurance, kthxbai. I don't care.

omg, such win