Nvidia recalls its Nvidia Shield Tablets - Battery can catch on fire

GoodBytes

Tegra power. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Tegra power. 

Reminds me of GTX 480s.

Hot as hell and never throttles.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

NVidia seems to be having some troubles lately. This and the horrid Windows 10 Drivers.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Apparently I won't have to send my current tablet back, they'll just brick it

post-2116-0-12295000-1438387494.png

Damn...I just checked mine and it was the Y01 :(.  I wonder how long repairs are going to take.  I was thinking about buying a second one, but could find it anywhere.  This just might explain it.  My tablet is damaged, does it void this?

Apparently I won't have to send my current tablet back, they'll just brick it

So, I just wasted $300 last year? That's messed. I'm going to call NVIDIA about this. 

Is this more of a issue than a coil wine? Guess not there is not 300 sites telling you it 5 different ways why it sucks

So, I just wasted $300 last year? That's messed. I'm going to call NVIDIA about this. 

What do you mean, they will send you a new one

I thought so too, but then in one sentence at the end, it said something like "make sure to save your data like photos etc. bla bla before sending your old shield tablet when the replacement arrives". Maybe they'll do both.

It might depend in the country, I had a problem with my claim number so I haven't been able to finish the process 

You're so smert.

They send you a new one.

You're so smert.

They send you a new one.

Always I worry about you getting banned.

So they fucked up, but it's good that they issued a recall.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I could in about 5 or so minutes. Maybe less, depends on how much effort I want to put in.

Please don't ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Good one.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Wonder what the cause was and how it slipped by QA

My guess is that this battery is a bit more fragile than the other one or something. I mean, if overheating and catching fire is the issue then it's taken a damn long time to show its face and I'm sure there's people out there that have spent hours on it gaming in one session on more than few occasion.