CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Yep, these are from the Insider Preview as suspected. You can tell by the Edge browser.

In the Preview Edge browser had smiley face feedback button and the hub button was a folder with a star. In the Final build the hub is 3 horizontal lines and smiley face feedback button is gone. (In Final build "Share" button replaced where smiley face was.)

This is their screenshot, look in the very bottom right at the Edge browser.

-image-

And now look at a screenshot of Edge from Final build. (Excuse the dark theme difference.)

-image-

Many things are forced on in the Insider Preview because that's the whole point of a beta and feedback collection.

Basically just another BS post, what else could you expect from 8chan really. My favourite part is how they put those links on the archive site as if they're uncovering some secret info that could be deleted when exposed. Hahahaha.

FYI @LAwLz

FYI @Misanthrope

Not sure why you tagged me. I will still install Windows 10 and check if the claims are genuine or not. Just because they are in the TP doesn't mean they will be removed in the final build.

It doesn't make sense that they would specifically say you can only turn off telemetry data in the Enterprise build if it was something they only used in the technical preview.

In the meantime maybe someone on Windows 10 could check it for us in the meantime:

Search for "Edit group policy" without the "".

Click "View" and then "Filter Options..."

Enable Ketword Filters and type in "telemetry" without the ""

Double click "Allow Telemetry"

Change from "Not Configured" to "Enabled" and then check what the help text says. In my TP it says setting a value of 0 for other devices (as in, not Enterprise) is equivalent to choosing a value of 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the release version. @mr moose remember when you said it would only be for this stage of development and the only reason they had it was for testing? My fears might just have been proven correct.

How the flying elves are people taking content from 4chan/8chan seriously, in any way, shape, or form??

For those of you screaming "look into the information before dismissing it", you really should follow your own advise, as these "problems" pertain specifically to this little thing called the INSIDER PREVIEW, where they need to collect the information for feedback.

There is no way to spin this; the only thing malicious about the information is the source itself, a clickbait to the nth degree.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Not sure why you tagged me. I will still install Windows 10 and check if the claims are genuine or not. Just because they are in the TP doesn't mean they will be removed in the final build.

It doesn't make sense that they would specifically say you can only turn off telemetry data in the Enterprise build if it was something they only used in the technical preview.

It says "Enable this policy setting if you want the feedback option to be unavailable." so it is probably set to "Not Configured" by default, as all GPO settings are and it seems to be a replacement to the manual feedback options in the OS.

Reading the description it really doesn't look any different than what gets sent when you do a "Windows Error Report" when a application crashes.

And Microsoft has been doing telemetry data for years as part of the Customer Experience Improvement Program. https://www.microsoft.com/products/ceip/en-us/default.mspx

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Lol! I only use windows for gaming now anyways, i switch to linux when im doing literally anything else.

Ignore everyone, just click bait. Nothing to see here.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 also used its previous versions and didn't notice any bandwidth usage outside of my normal use.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It says "Enable this policy setting if you want the feedback option to be unavailable." so it is probably set to "Not Configured" by default, as all GPO settings are and it seems to be a replacement to the manual feedback options in the OS.

Reading the description it really doesn't look any different than what gets sent when you do a "Windows Error Report" when a application crashes.

And Microsoft has been doing telemetry data for years as part of the Customer Experience Improvement Program. https://www.microsoft.com/products/ceip/en-us/default.mspx

So it is possible to disable it or not in the feedback options in the OS? I still don't have the final version installed so I can't check.

This is not Windows Error Reports. Those have separate settings.

The difference between this and the CEIP is that the CEIP was opt-in while this is opt-out (if it's even possible to opt-out). Hell just read the page you just linked:

Is the Customer Experience Improvement Program spyware?

No. Spyware can collect information or act on your computer without your full knowledge or consent. CEIP does not take actions other than those described in the Customer Experience Improvement Program Privacy Statement and you can choose to start or stop participating at any time.

By Microsoft's own definition, it is spyware if you don't have the full knowledge and have given consent for them to collect the information. If Windows 10 really does collect info like this by default, then it is by Microsoft's own words spyware.

Ignore everyone, just click bait. Nothing to see here.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 also used its previous versions and didn't notice any bandwidth usage outside of my normal use.

You won't be able to notice it by looking at your bandwidth usage since sending telemetry and other such data takes up next to no space.

An entire ~250 page novel will take up a mere ~1MB of data when it's just plain text (without any compression, and text is very compressible).

They could probably record every single mouse and button click you do under an entire day and get it all down to a few hundred KB.

People are discrediting this because it's from 8ch

8chan=/=4chan

In principal n function they are very very similar.

From what I've seen 8ch is a little more mature.

You can't discredit something because of the source.

Unless it's from kotaku or polygon

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I would not listen to 8chan unless this information is verified by an actual credible source ( aka like sophos security)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

so the updates are automatic and no way to have them set to install at a certain time?? can i tell windows to download updates or wait to download and not install them until lets say 2am or when the system is rebooted?? i really dislike the thought of having an update that requires a reboot or it causing me to lag while gaming etc? i am unsure on the process this is more of a quesiton.. ok people!

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

8chan is fullchan 4chan is halfchan, both are shit when you look at them. Taking this as more than a grain of salt would be unwise, remember everyone these are the guys who convinced people the iphone had a waterproof app. -.-

Edit: Way to many "people" good lord.

Yours untruely

TrueDerp

Large scale rollouts of lots of downloaded data would be impossible to do without at least a bit of the load being p2p. I don't like it but that's the reality of it.

You realise backwards compatibility is a thing? DX9 Hardware can run DX 11 Software, without certain features.

Yes, sometimes, assuming Dev's coded in support for this.

But backwards compatibility is mostly referring to the opposite of what you're talking about.

Example: DX12 can run DX11 or 9 games.

DX12 capable GPU's can also run DX11 or 9 games, etc.

Backwards compatibility generally refers to upgrading to something new, without breaking what is old.  Not something old playing something new.

Based on the past you can still play games based on newer API versions than your hardware/OS support level, e.g. a DX9/10 card can run DX11 games with reduced feature sets.

True, but see above, only if the game dev codes it in.

Only if the game supports it. And I think once DX12 games made primarily for DX12 start to come out, it will be a very bad experience to not have the multithreaded breadth of DX12, even if you can turn off DX12-exclusive rendering techniques and run it in legacy mode. Simply because the game will be optimized to use more of the hardware than DX11 can handle. Games are very scalable on the GPU side, not so much on the CPU side.

Agreed.

Hey Misanthrope, Windows doesn't download anything if you have metered connection. You just set it as metered and done. Windows has had this feature since Win 8.0.

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/18/windows-10/set-network-connection-metered-windows-10.html

Yes this is an excellent point. @SpaghettiCarbonara you should put this into the OP.

so the updates are automatic and no way to have them set to install at a certain time?? can i tell windows to download updates or wait to download and not install them until lets say 2am or when the system is rebooted?? i really dislike the thought of having an update that requires a reboot or it causing me to lag while gaming etc? i am unsure on the process this is more of a quesiton.. ok people!

You can choose specifically when updates are set (For example, Sunday at 3 AM every week), or you can let Windows decide. If you let Windows decide, it will "guess" a good time, based on previous usage.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You can choose specifically when updates are set (For example, Sunday at 3 AM every week), or you can let Windows decide. If you let Windows decide, it will "guess" a good time, based on previous usage.

Which means Windows is going to update at the same time you are about to pull off the most amazing move ever in rocket league.

Which means Windows is going to update at the same time you are about to pull off the most amazing move ever in rocket league.

Or, you know, pick a time that you don't normally play Rocket League? ;)

The point is, if you're always gaming at 3 AM, then don't set the update time to 3 AM.

If you leave it on Auto, it will pick a time where the computer is generally in Idle.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Is there an option for "never restart for me. I want to do it myself"?

I run some servers on my desktop and I need to be in control of when they are up/down, which can be for several weeks at times.

Is there an option for "never restart for me. I want to do it myself"?

I run some servers on my desktop and I need to be in control of when they are up/down, which can be for several weeks at times.

Not specifically.

But if you turn on "Metered connection" then it says updates won't download automatically.

But frankly, if you're running servers (I assume VM's) on your desktop and you need that kind of up time, why aren't you running those servers on a proper Server OS or a hypervisor like Hyper-V or ESX, etc?

However, I would simply turn on "Metered connection" and see how it works.

The reason why you can't turn off automatic updates and such is fairly straight forward.

It's so that the 95% who use computers will have the latest and most secure version. I really do not see this as a bad thing, as it will prevent users from having more insecure versions.

And as far as I know, you can turn it off if you have the Win 10 Pro version.

Not specifically.

But if you turn on "Metered connection" then it says updates won't download automatically.

But frankly, if you're running servers (I assume VM's) on your desktop and you need that kind of up time, why aren't you running those servers on a proper Server OS or a hypervisor like Hyper-V or ESX, etc?

However, I would simply turn on "Metered connection" and see how it works.

Because I don't feel like buying a server license and install a server OS on my desktop when Windows 7 has done exactly what I need it to without needing the server version.

No it's not in VMs actually. Don't feel like sacrificing so much resources when it hasn't been necessary.

One of the programs is a distributed hosting program for a website I use. When you got the server running you build up your trust rating and bringing the server down (especially without doing a proper suspension) will bring your rating down.

I will try the metered connection but frankly, having your PC shut itself down without you being able to stop it is bullshit.

And as far as I know, you can turn it off if you have the Win 10 Pro version.

Nope

In the Pro version you can choose to block some updates (not security updates) from being installed for a limited period of time (we don't know how long yet).

Most of this is nonsense, or completely optional.

Windows Defender, for example, the two options below turning it off (on the provided picture) specifically ask whether you want to submit files for analysis and use their "cloud based protection".

As for adverts on the start menu, what? I've already removed all the live tiles, hows that going to work?

Cortana doesn't work locally, no shit, and again you don't have to use cortana.

P2P for updates, spreading malware? I seriously doubt that, many services use p2p for updates and it's completely fine. Having said that, more information is needed, it's pure conjecture at this stage.

The only thing that kinda sucks is that you cannot turn off Telemetry. There should be an option to disable that.

So is Windows 10 as bad when your using the Professional version?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's kind of funny how even with picture evidence people just flat out deny it for the sole reason of "it's from 8chan". Why not look into it for yourselves instead of just assuming things are wrong because the post is from a website you don't like? I will be looking into it for sure. Will report back later with what I find.

Exactly what I was thinking. Could the screenshots be fake? Ya. But i highly doubt that they are.

Do people seriously think that MS is not wanting to collect the shit out of everyones personal data?

This is sketchy as hell, and i knew they would be doing this sort of thing as soon as they announced it was a "Free" upgrade.

Just wait until 2 years down the road once everyone has switched and they start force feeding you updates that you have no ability not to accept.

Giving a company the right to make any change they want at anytime to my operating system, whether good or bad, is not something i'm down with.

It's kind of funny how even with picture evidence people just flat out deny it for the sole reason of "it's from 8chan". Why not look into it for yourselves instead of just assuming things are wrong because the post is from a website you don't like? I will be looking into it for sure. Will report back later with what I find.

Because picture evidence can be misinterpreted has happened many times before on place like 8chsn and reddit

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |