AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA “Frame Pacing Fix” Drivers Finally Released/REVIEW

Tried to install the new drivers last night on my 5970 trifire setup on windows 7 64bit and got bsod. Tried once more and things got even worse.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

It seems they have addressed the main issues.

Hope the framerating stuff is much better now.

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

Tried to install the new drivers last night on my 5970 trifire setup on windows 7 64bit and got bsod. Tried once more and things got even worse.

I believe they say for now,it only works on dual fire setup.

i'm experiencing MANY issues with the new beta drivers. it breaks all 7790 cards. and when testing with 7970's in xfire i'm getting artifacting with quite a few games. the worst is games where i can enable physx (hawken, etc.) and tressfx.

well duh it brakes the 7790, the driver is not for the 7790 as its a completely diffrent architecture, look at the driver downloads page and you will see there is a special driver for the 7790. 

It's nice that frame pacing as been lowered but it isn't that the frame rate of some of the games has gone down by a fair amount. I still think though that frame rating is still an issue with CrossFire.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's nice that frame pacing as been lowered but it isn't that the frame rate of some of the games has gone down by a fair amount. I still think though that frame rating is still an issue with CrossFire.

Yes average frame rate has going down but the minimum framerate actually going up.

well duh it brakes the 7790, the driver is not for the 7790 as its a completely diffrent architecture, look at the driver downloads page and you will see there is a special driver for the 7790. 

breaks* and you are some kind of stupid.

it is for any crossfire setup, and yet again there are other notes on the websites about resolved issues with the 7790. so please, keep your meager intellect away from me. it makes me feel gross and almost american.

It's nice that frame pacing as been lowered but it isn't that the frame rate of some of the games has gone down by a fair amount. I still think though that frame rating is still an issue with CrossFire

i believe you are confused. frame rating, and frame pacing are the same thing. if you are talking about micro-stuttering, or frame latency that would be a different subject.

and the average fps has gone down, yes ; however minimum fps has gone up, which is the only thing that actually matters.

breaks* and you are some kind of stupid.

it is for any crossfire setup, and yet again there are other notes on the websites about resolved issues with the 7790. so please, keep your meager intellect away from me. it makes me feel gross and almost american.

You do realize most people rely on spelling as a judgement of intellect only because they have nothing else to judge upon in text format, so no im far from stupid, I check my posts for error but some slip by, so i used the wrong form of break.

As for meager intellect how about you take it straight from the AMD website 

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/RadeonHD7790CatalystPerformanceDriver.aspx

The HD 7790 is not based on the rest of the HD 7000 architecture so it has a different driver, so no im far from wrong and you just made yourself look like a fool. The Beta drivers only apply to non 7790 cards in the general HD graphics lineup as the 7790 Bonaire Architecture  

Guys please stop arguing on a rushed realesed beta driver!

Captur.png

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

You do realize most people rely on spelling as a judgement of intellect only because they have nothing else to judge upon in text format, so no im far from stupid, I check my posts for error but some slip by, so i used the wrong form of break.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/RadeonHD7790CatalystPerformanceDriver.aspx

The HD 7790 is not based on the rest of the HD 7000 architecture so it has a different driver, so no im far from wrong and you just made yourself look like a fool. The Beta drivers only apply to non 7790 cards in the general HD graphics lineup as the 7790 Bonaire Architecture  

we also look at sentence structure and flow. I'd suggest you look over your posts more carefully if you don't want to sound like a 12-year-old.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

bazinga.png

bazinga.

The fact that you went out of your way to prove me wrong is astounding, you could have just posted a source link instead of being as rude and vulgar as possible, I stated the 7790 had a different architecture, for the longest time it had its own independent driver due to the difference. So im wrong in this case, least I didn't having to go about insulting intelligence and nationality to get a point across. My argument still can stand as its a beta driver with bugs, therefore you can assume a bug with the 7790 architecture in particular as it is the odd man out in the 7000 line up.    

Just wondering,

I downloaded the driver and installed it but it has actually seemingly given me worse performance with my HD6990... (have only tested BF3 so far.)

Is the support for older generation crossfire solutions not so great?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Just wondering,

I downloaded the driver and installed it but it has actually seemingly given me worse performance with my HD6990... (have only tested BF3 so far.)

Is the support for older generation crossfire solutions not so great?

I would say there is less compatibility for older cards. There are compatibility issues with anything under DX9, which also shows they're focusing on the newer stuff. But they will be looking at fixing all issues as soon as possible

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

• 5 weeks later...

Why?

the performance in 780 and titan are kinda close in most cases and the price difference is massive so people like me would keep the extra money :P

the performance in 780 and titan are kinda close in most cases and the price difference is massive so people like me would keep the extra money :P

Looking back at the post I made the question was why because someone said they would rather get a Titan than a 7990.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

If anyone is having problems with crossfire and weird GPU usage and lag disable Overdrive and ULPS, try this;

To disable Overdrive(which is just AMD's built in overclocking tool in CCC);
1. Right Your Desktop, Select "AMD Catalyst Control Center"
2. In CCC, go to the "Performance" tab on the left side, then "AMD Overdrive".
3. Uncheck the "Enable Graphics OverDrive" box. You only have to do this once, it'll effect both GPU's.

To disable ULPS, you can either download MSI Afterburner and go into the settings and disable it there, but I like using Regedit, so I'll write the steps for that.
1. Go to "Start" from your desktop and type in the search box "Regedit", select Regedit and start her up!
2. Once Regedit is opened up press "Ctrl+F" to search, then search for "EnableULPS".
3. It'll take a bit, but once it finds it, double click "EnableULPS" and a box will pop up, instead of "1" put "0" to disable ULPS permanently.

Once that is done, restart your computer! It should be fixed now!