Which android phone is best right now?

oskar23

I would like to exchange my old S4 for flagship. I had for about a month LG G2 but part of the screen died and I get my money back. This phone was really good but the IPS screen seemed to be too dark... I compared it to S4 and S5 and both were brighter.

So I need phone with good battery life or with option to exchange battery, epic camera and less than 5.5"    I thought about LG G4 but it has IPS screen and  I believe it will be too big for me. I see women with small hands using sony ultra or ip 6 plus but it's impossible for them to use phone with one hand. And so it will be hard for me.  Next is S6 - I heard battery life is not good and it doesn't have replaceable battery. Camera is ok and it's less than 5.5"  Is there anything worth my attention? Is LG's screen that bad?

I really only would advise something like the G4 or S6. Both are larger than you specified though, and apart from those, most are a hogwash of the same stats and just different cases pretty much.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I went from the S4 to a Oneplus One and loved it. Can't argue with its price and looks :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Zenphone 2 for price:performance imo

LG G4 if you don't mind splashing some cash

I'm not sure why you think the IPS is bad, I think it's because you had an OLED screen

From personal experience the G4 is the best flagship although the S6 Active looks quite interesting with the bigger battery

Then of course there's the famed flagship killer the OnePlus or OnePlus2 

Oneplus one! and maybe a g4. or two oneplus ones and do a giveaway for one :)

I have a nexus 6 and like it but the battery life could be better but it charges extremely fast. It is a small tablet so probably not what your looking for but I would consider it. Maybe the asus zenfone 2? Seems like a decent phone.

OnePlus Two ;) or S6/S6E

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

What I didn't metion is it must be able to root.

So far the OnePlus 2 looks solid.

I'd also consider the Note 4. They should be getting pretty cheap.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Is it worth to buy G4 from ebay? I found G4 in local store for $653 after tax. On ebay there are G4 starting at $500.

I read on one auction that LG G4 H815 may not work with 4G LTE. How come? Somebody wrote it and most phones are H815.

No android phone is good,not a single one.Buy an iPhone. /Nexus 5 user/

I know you said 5.5 or smaller but the Note 4 is the best Android phone at the moment for me. Display is sublime, light but solidly built, has removable storage and battery.

Bargains should be popping up soon since the Note 5 is scheduled to be released in a month or so.

I really only would advise something like the G4 or S6. Both are larger than you specified though, and apart from those, most are a hogwash of the same stats and just different cases pretty much.

S6 is 5.1", which is less then 5.5"

What I didn't metion is it must be able to root.

http://galaxys6root.highonandroid.com/galaxy-s6-root/how-to-root-attverizon-galaxy-s6-or-s6-edge-pingpong-root/

"Rawr XD"

Oh? From the looks of it it seems 5.5, oh well. 4/10ths of an inch isnt exactly that much though,

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Oh? From the looks of it it seems 5.5, oh well. 4/10ths of an inch isnt exactly that much though,

Actually it's definitely a noticeable difference since I came to my S6 from a OPO.

"Rawr XD"

No android phone is good,not a single one.Buy an iPhone. /Nexus 5 user/

Go home, you're drunk. /iPhone 6 user/

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Go home, you're drunk. /iPhone 6 user/

Why do you think I need to be drunk?I want to buy iPhone 5S and use it,but last year it was like 500 euros for new device.That's why I came up with Nexus.I hope I can try it next year.

Why do you think I need to be drunk?I want to buy iPhone 5S and use it,but last year it was like 500 euros for new device.That's why I came up with Nexus.I hope I can try it next year.

Because of your nonsense statement that "No android phone is good,not a single one.Buy an iPhone."

This is a thread about Android. Which some people prefer to use.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

The best phone is very subjective because every one of us use our devices in a different manner and have different expectations, usage patterns and a feature mindset.

My top 3 Android phones right now are the following;

1) LG G4 - There's a good reason why it's my current daily driver. The screen is wicked (seriously, I have never seen any IPS panel that looks like an AMOLED panel) and the camera is seriously awesome. The UI is also cleaned up and overall performance is excellent, thanks to serious optimization done by both LG and Qualcomm. The plasticky-build might not interest you and it's 5.5-inch size might be too big for you (but it's the best one ergonomically for me compared to other 5.5-inch devices due to its slimmer bezels and rear-buttons), but for me, this takes the cake. Along with a removable 3000mAh battery and microSD storage expansion for up to 2TB.

2) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - I'm in love with this thing. This thing is simply gorgeous. And build quality is also excellent thanks to GG4 on the front and back and the aluminum frame that makes this phone feel like how any $600+ phone should. The glass back does make it feel a bit fragile, though. TouchWiz is also massively-improved with those annoying bloop sounds gone and a snappier user-experience. The camera is also awesome (almost as good as the G4) and did I mention that the Edge screen actually looks cool? It's close to being my daily, but the battery-life from it's non-removable 2600mAh cell is below-average based on my usage and non-expandable storage doesn't bode well with me since I'm a heavy media consumer. Also, currently, the phone suffers from seriously horrendous RAM management, so I would wait for either a fix or the upcoming Galaxy Note 5, but it's still a good phone. The flat Galaxy S6 is still what I'd pick due to its lower price and lack of Edge-specific features that justify the premium.

3) HTC One (M8) - Wait, wait. You're gonna ask me "Hey! The top 2 devices are from 2015 but this one is from last year! What gives?!" That's because even today, the HTC One M8 is still a very good phone and IMO, better than the M9 that it's being replaced by. HTC Sense is still my favorite third-party OEM skin that looks clean and performs as good as the phone itself looks, battery life from it's seemingly average 2600mAh is great and the BoomSound speakers seriously sound great. Not to mention the 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 powering the M8 is almost as fast as the SD808 in the G4 and can keep up with the E7420-powered S6 in general use. The camera isn't up to par with the 2 above but it does do the job and the battery is non-removable, but given the battery life, you might not care. There's microSD storage expansion as well here.

Runner-ups;

ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 64GB for it's excellent price and monstrous performance that isn't expected for a $300 unlocked device.

OnePlus One for a great 2014 flagship for the price of a current midranger. Excellent custom ROM support also helps here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for not only being an awesome phablet but its S Pen and the features that come with it make it a serious productivity workhorse.

Sony XPERIA Z3 for being a great-looking handset that's water and dustproof that also supports PS4 Remote Play if you're into that kind of thing.

LG G3 for being an excellent all-rounder

2014 Moto X for being a very capable high-end flagship for a price that doesn't break the bank.

Nexus 6 for being an awesome phone running a largely untouched build on Android

Motorola Droid Turbo for the tanky battery.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

So far the OnePlus 2 looks solid.

I'd also consider the Note 4. They should be getting pretty cheap.

How can you know the one plus 2 looks solid? It's only been teased so far... So far every OEM that has promised a non overheating snapdragon 810 revision 2.1 (Sony) has still had overheating problems.... to keep the price down for the one plus 2 you should expect them to cut corners... IMO they are very good at playing the market of android enthusiasts by keeping supply low.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder