Which android phone is best right now?

oskar23

How can you know the one plus 2 looks solid? It's only been teased so far... So far every OEM that has promised a non overheating snapdragon 810 revision 2.1 (Sony) has still had overheating problems.... to keep the price down for the one plus 2 you should expect them to cut corners... IMO they are very good at playing the market of android enthusiasts by keeping supply low.

Specs that have been released, which are most of them. Pictures that have been released on TENAA. They all look pretty promising. Actually the overheating isn't as bad as they claim in day to day use.

Most Asian companies do that. It's just not a marketing tactic we see in North America (and possibly Europe) that often. It works, so there's that. They've already stated there will be 30-50x as many OnePlus units ready at launch.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Also, consider the GS6 Active.

It's nearly everything the GS6 has but with a tanky 3500mAh battery.

No fingerprint scanner, though.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Specs that have been released, which are most of them. Pictures that have been released on TENAA. They all look pretty promising. Actually the overheating isn't as bad as they claim in day to day use.

Most Asian companies do that. It's just not a marketing tactic we see in North America (and possibly Europe) that often. It works, so there's that. They've already stated there will be 30-50x as many OnePlus units ready at launch.

Idk, I'm sceptical...I don't believe anything until I see it.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

Idk, I'm sceptical...I don't believe anything until I see it.

They supposedly added some extra heat sinks. Remember, every phone is designed differently.

That's like saying regardless of what cooler you use, an AMD card will run like a furnace. The aftermarket solutions fix that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

They supposedly added some extra heat sinks. Remember, every phone is designed differently.

That's like saying regardless of what cooler you use, an AMD card will run like a furnace. The aftermarket solutions fix that.

Let's hope their budget stretches that far then.

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

Let's hope their budget stretches that far then.

$450 is a ton of money for a phone...not everyone needs to make the profits Apple does ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

$450 is a ton of money for a phone...not everyone needs to make the profits Apple does ;)

Apple doesn't actually make that much more profit than other smartphone companies since they spend so much on advertising.

Apple doesn't actually make that much more profit than other smartphone companies since they spend so much on advertising.

Apple doesn't profit much? I'll just leave this here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31012410

Besides, a large marketing budget isn't an excuse to massively overprice your product. 

Uhmmm that's not really how that's measured, and you're wrong.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Apple doesn't profit much? I'll just leave this here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31012410

Besides, a large marketing budget isn't an excuse to massively overprice your product. 

That's not what i said. I actually said they don't make that much more profit than other smartphone companies....big difference. 

Uhmmm that's not really how that's measured, and you're wrong.

Explain to me how I'm wrong, how is it measured? I'm curious.

That's not what i said. I actually said they don't make that much more profit than other smartphone companies....big difference. 

You know what else is a big difference? The difference between $4.81 Billion (Samsung's profit for Q4 2014) and $18 Billion (Apple's profit for Q4 2014). 

You know what else is a big difference? The difference between $4.81 Billion (Samsung's profit for Q4 2014) and $18 Billion (Apple's profit for Q4 2014). 

Is that just smartphones or is it everything?

Edit: ^Does it include macs, iPads, iPods ect

Is that just smartphones or is it everything?

Everything for both... You should probably be more specific with your wording in the future. There's a big difference between Smartphone companies (companies that make smartphones) and the smartphone divisions within the companies themselves. :D

I'll just leave this here...

bii-sai-cotd-smartphone-profits-1.png

If that doesn't say Apple is ripping off their customers then I don't know what will.

Everything for both... You should probably be more specific with your wording in the future. There's a big difference between Smartphone companies (companies that make smartphones) and the smartphone divisions within the companies themselves. :D

I'll just leave this here...

If that doesn't say Apple is ripping off their customers then I don't know what will.

Yeah, those numbers are pretty damning. 

I wouldn't really say apple are ripping off their customers, iPhones hold their value quite well. Probably due to their long term support, the iPhone 4S is 4 years old in a few months. Where as a comparable nexus device (The galaxy nexus) the latest android version available is 4.3 jelly bean. With apple you get the latest OS updates as soon as they are released. If the customer wants to buy a new iPhone every release that's their choice however you can keep an iPhone for 4-5 years and still have a smooth experience, not something that android phones can offer. If you want reliability, ease of use and longevity from a device you should expect to pay for it. Profits shouldn't be directly related to the worth of a product.

Profits shouldn't be directly related to the worth of a product.

When your profits tower over everyone else with a fraction of the market share you're doing something to rip someone off somewhere. It's great that Apple supports their devices but it just isn't worth the premium imo.

I mean, look at it specs wise, if you saw a phone with the same specs of an iPhone (but obviously, not an iPhone) you'd probably expect to pay $300, 400 at most (which would be pushing it) with it having a decent chip inside, not $750+. Whether that extra few hundred is worth it for longer support, that's up to you I guess, but to me it's just another company reeling suckers in and getting them to pay a premium because it has an apple slapped on the back.

When your profits tower over everyone else with a fraction of the market share you're doing something to rip someone off somewhere. It's great that Apple supports their devices but it just isn't worth the premium imo.

I mean, look at it specs wise, if you saw a phone with the same specs of an iPhone (but obviously, not an iPhone) you'd probably expect to pay $300, 400 at most (which would be pushing it) with it having a decent chip inside, not $750+. Whether that extra few hundred is worth it for longer support, that's up to you I guess, but to me it's just another company reeling suckers in and getting them to pay a premium because it has an apple slapped on the back.

To be honest, specs are just a number, iPhones run fine with the hardware they have, having myself used an iPhone 5S most recently I'd say it ran a lot smoother than my S6 edge, which sucks because the S6 edge was a more expensive contract and I'd take the 5S back in a heartbeat, hindsight I guess.

Yeah, those numbers are pretty damning. 

I wouldn't really say apple are ripping off their customers, iPhones hold their value quite well. Probably due to their long term support, the iPhone 4S is 4 years old in a few months. Where as a comparable nexus device (The galaxy nexus) the latest android version available is 4.3 jelly bean. With apple you get the latest OS updates as soon as they are released. If the customer wants to buy a new iPhone every release that's their choice however you can keep an iPhone for 4-5 years and still have a smooth experience, not something that android phones can offer. If you want reliability, ease of use and longevity from a device you should expect to pay for it. Profits shouldn't be directly related to the worth of a product.

Mmmm, while they do update quite old devices, they don't receive all of the new features. They get bits and pieces. They also tend to have a harder time of running the new OS. My friends with Apple products have constant problems after updating, with old apps and with their phones slowing down.

Android phones still offer a smooth experience, not sure what you mean there. You just don't get the latest version of the OS. It's not like they cease to work.

Also, it's harder to update an Android phone than say an iPhone simply because there's more than only one device. With Apple you basically get 1 (now 2) phones to choose from.

At least with Android you have choice..

To be honest, specs are just a number, iPhones run fine with the hardware they have, having myself used an iPhone 5S most recently I'd say it ran a lot smoother than my S6 edge, which sucks because the S6 edge was a more expensive contract and I'd take the 5S back in a heartbeat, hindsight I guess.

Specs aren't just a number, they matter from device to device. Android usually runs better on higher spec'd phones. Samsung has a heavy skin, so it's not as fluid.

It does still have some room to grow, for sure. It's not as smooth as iOs. However it's damn close on a lot of devices.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler