I think Sapphire just made the best looking GPU backplate on the market.

KarateHottie93

I'm pretty amazed by how sexy this backplate is...especially coming from a company that gets a lot of hate for never doing them. I think under some nice red LED's this would look perfect. The only backplate that even rivals it are the 980 and 980TI HOF ones, IMHO of course.

Edit:

Okay, throw the G1 cards in there too. Still though...damn that cooler coming out of it looks perfect.

post-197428-0-64373500-1437085776_thumb.

post-197428-0-64373500-1437085776_thumb.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

What backplate are you referring to? There are no images.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Nope 

29327_gigabyte-gtx-960-g1-gaming-back.jp

Id probably paint over it anyway, stock backplates arent really nice IMO, only look really good when you paint it all white or jet black or something like that.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

which backplate are you talking about?

What backplate are you referring to? There are no images.

Sorry, had to edit it. Using a WP10 beta and the browser is being dumb.

Anyone get reminded of the Cerberus logo from mass effect? But no, defo seen nicer in my days

Nope 

Oh yeah, I completely forgot the G1 cards. That, this, and the HOF backplates are a tie.

looks horrible

doesnt even cover the whole card

plus it will only colour match people with yellow themed builds which is like 0.0001% of the people with PCs

and why does it have a sticker on the back...wtf

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Anyone get reminded of the Cerberus logo from mass effect? But no, defo seen nicer in my days

But that cooler at the end looks amazing with it.

You call this best.....that is so rubbish and half arsed, it sickens me. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

looks horrible

doesnt even cover the whole card

plus it will only colour match people with yellow themed builds which is like 0.0001% of the people with PCs

and why does it have a sticker on the back...wtf

Actually under some good red LED's, the yellow/orange Sapphire cards blend really really well.

Nope 

Yeah that looks better.

The Sapphire version above is functionally superior though, because part of the airflow can go straight through the cooler and up, without hitting the PCB or backplate. One of the nice things about the R9 Fury and its short reference PCB.

980 ti HOF backplate is sexier. Sorry.

post-192956-0-60306900-1437086103_thumb.

(don't mind my brother's horrible cable management)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

980 ti HOF backplate is sexier. Sorry.

attachicon.gifIMG_06931.jpg

It's really not that bad and haha you got the same problem as me. Blow everything on a really nice overclocking GPU for the looks and then make due of the stock cooler til you can afford a nice one.

Can I complain about his color coordination then?

GO FOR IT. He has a MSI z97 Gaming 5 and 32gb of Adata 2400mhz RAM btw. RAG HIM PLS.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

GO FOR IT. He has a MSI z97 Gaming 5 and 32gb of Adata 2400mhz RAM btw. RAG HIM PLS.

It's so sad too, because the case, power supply and graphics card fit each other awesomely. The black/red motherboard is bleh, the stock Intel cooler is always bleh, but the orange freaking memory is just ridiculous.

It's so sad too, because the case, power supply and graphics card fit each other awesomely. The black/red motherboard is bleh, the stock Intel cooler is always bleh, but the orange freaking memory is just ridiculous.

Well the camera caught it poorly. its actually golden. his case would be the white/red OG phantom. its a nice case that would be perfect if he had the z97 sli krait motherboard.

Can I complain about his color coordination then?

And I'll complain about the stock CPU cooler! Blech!

I could not look at that thing everyday. I think it's probably my least favorite that I've seen. Looks like they're trying really, really hard to be cool.

I'm pretty amazed by how sexy this backplate is...especially coming from a company that gets a lot of hate for never doing them. 

Never doing them?

Like not on the 280x Toxic-X:

ToxicBack.jpg

Or on the 290(x) Vapour-X:

sap290vxoc-9b.jpg

Never doing them?

-snip

Or on the 290(x) Vapour-X:

-snip-

These > All backplates.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

R9-390X_back.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case