Apple’s 'spaceship' is beginning to take shape.

Source: http://techgramp.com/2015/07/14/apples-new-spaceship-campus-is-taking-place/

An image/video captured by a Californian helicopter firm, disclosed the progress of Apple's newest building project that resembles a 'spaceship'.

animation5.gif?resize=320%2C180

"Yes, it’s huge. The campus is set to cover a total of 175 acres, and will be approximately 1 mile in circumference."

campus-2-jun-30.png?resize=648%2C363

Finished Renders: 
screen-shot-2011-12-07-at-12-37-22-pm.pn

The-Best-Apple-Spaceship-Renderings-Ever

Personally, I think this looks pretty sick! What do you guys think? Interested to hear your thoughts.  :)

DAMN that's rad, 2pi rad... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Why does apple even need this? i don't get it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

snip

Personally, I think this looks pretty sick! What do you guys think? Interested to hear your thoughts.  :)

gonna suck when you've got to walk to the other side as opposed to a "normal" building where everything is less spread out.  I'm sure apple probably puts people in the newest iPod (one you get in) and shoot you around the circle or something ridiculous like that.  Its crazy what everybody's iPhone's are paying for

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

At least Apple can make buildings cool, unlike the Macbook.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I have to admit, I love the look of it. Plus the middle is meant to have an apple orchard in it, for employees to relax in.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

gonna suck when you've got to walk to the other side as opposed to a "normal" building where everything is less spread out.  I'm sure apple probably puts people in the newest iPod (one you get in) and shoot you around the circle or something ridiculous like that.  Its crazy what everybody's iPhone's are paying for

I'm pretty positive they are going to have some kind of transportation method accross the whole campus, like one of those electric bands, or a bycicle route, they'll figure it out xD

Why does apple even need this? i don't get it

Did they have the need to make the world's largest solar panel farm?

No. 

Did they build it?

Yes.

Why did they build it?

BECAUSE THEY CAN.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

DAMN that's rad, 2pi rad... 

LTT should have a Post of the Day. This would be the winner of Day 1

I'm pretty positive they are going to have some kind of transportation method accross the whole campus, like one of those electric bands, or a bycicle route, they'll figure it out xD

I still think shooting launching people across campus in pods (iPods they would be) would be most efficient.  Bicycles?  maybe if they are digital

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Did they have the need to make the world's largest solar panel farm?

No. 

Did they build it?

Yes.

Why did they build it?

BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Everyone needs power.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Everyone needs power.

Yeah but they could have built an atomic power plant as well....

I guess this leads nowhere so I'm just gonna end it here.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Apple can hold its own hunger games!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Apple can hold its own hunger games!

Jony Ive would win every time.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Cool building, however I am opposed to the design because of one fact, too much glass. I don't know why we love glass but I really don't like it, makes everything cold

Are there apple trees inside? :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Cool building, however I am opposed to the design because of one fact, too much glass. I don't know why we love glass but I really don't like it, makes everything cold

I think it represents the lack of privacy in this day and age.  Companies like to see everything you do. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think it represents the lack of privacy in this day and age. Companies like to see everything you do.

True, my school had a new building that was ready for the last year I was there, the walls of the classrooms that adjoined the central are they were grouped around were a 100% glass, you could see through the entire building, not having anywhere private sort of removed all the harmless fun that occurred before

because it's brighter and actually, having sunlight in winter is better (not sure where it's located so I dont know if they even have winters)

That's a place I wouldnt mind working in one day doing software developing.

Currently learning Swift :P

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350