New horizons reaches pluto....

marldorthegreat

The new horizons spacecraft, launched over 9 years ago. And has nearly reached pluto

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/newhorizons/main/index.html

To think that a smartphone is more powerful than the computer inside this is incredible. 

This graphic presents a view of Pluto and Charon as they would appear if placed slightly above Earth's surface and viewed from a great distance.  Recent measurements obtained by New Horizons indicate that Pluto has a diameter of 2370 km, 18.5% that of Earth's, while Charon has a diameter of 1208 km, 9.5% that of Earth's.nh-pluto-charon-earth-size.jpg?itok=P0eI

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

New horizons reaches pluto....... in 52 minutes

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

No Mass Relay.... damn.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

No Mass Relay.... damn.

There is still hope.

Maybe we will find Protein technology on Mars.

Edit:

Lol... Damn auto correct changed Prothean :D

That would imply we would need to deal with an advance race of bio-synthetic AIs that only want to wipe out life in the galaxy every 50,000 years. So since I really want to see real living Asari, Turians, Geth, Krogans, Salarians, Quarians, Hannar, Elcor, Volus, Vorcha, Batarians, Yahg, etc. I just hope that this time everyone listens to Commander Shepard before it's too late instead of not wanting Reaper and Prothean technology in our solar system.

I gotta post this :v

http://i.imgur.com/7C2GfIF.gif

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms 

I was watching the google plus hangout that the American Museum of Natural History was hosting yesterday morning.  Look forward to checking out the data that its collected/collecting.

Traveling at 8 miles per second and being 4.6 light hours away boggles the mind a bit.  Hurray for physics.

Timestamped link for some lead up to images to pluto

I f*cking love Space. :wub:

The new horizons spacecraft, launched over 9 years ago. And has nearly reached pluto

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/newhorizons/main/index.html

To think that a smartphone is more powerful than the computer inside this is incredible.

-snip-

A smartphone won't tolerate the radiation in space, nor is it likely to go 9 years without crashing irrecoverably.

Back in my elementary school days, Pluto was known to be a ice planet and blue.

Those were the days man... The days Pluto was still a planet...

tumblr_nah4y6XVGh1tficwmo7_400.jpg

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

This is amazing!! I can't wait until the cache of data gets sent back to earth. Its going to take 16 months or something crazy like that. Now New Horizons is on its way to the Kuiper belt, I wonder what kind if pictures it WL take.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..