NVidia vs AMD (WAR)

Alir

This is more of a technical question than a stereotype Q. Point being I'm interested in the actual difference. Not between what you have generalised as the difference.

:: What is the difference between AMD and NVidia?

What technology do the both implement? eg. Nvidia has PhysX (which going from the Assassins Creed: Smoke trailer, fills your screen with smokey smoke) and AMD has Mantle

I'm thinking between the 290, 290X, 390 or GTX 970 - if I can be convinced to go for NVidia.

My PSU has 850W, so my concern is not in power usage, unless a GPU will be costing me a fortune to power. I am concerned about sound levels though.

I currently game at 1080p but want to jump to either 4k or a triple monitor display - a lot more likely than 4k, since with 3 monitors, I can do better multitasking.

The fuck is with the title?

AMD "No Longer supports mantle" or something along this lines.

Nvidia still has PhysX and uses less power with modern cards usually.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

In terms of feature this forum post covers it brilliantly:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/402954-amd-vs-nvidia-extra-features/#entry5435288

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

The differences at a technical level few people can explain, i can't.

For picking a card get whats in your price range and you like the look of.

This is more of a technical question than a stereotype Q. Point being I'm interested in the actual difference. Not between what you have generalised as the difference.

What technology do the both implement? eg. Nvidia has PhysX (which going from the Assassins Creed: Smoke trailer, fills your screen with smokey smoke) and AMD has Mantle

I'm thinking between the 290, 290X, 390 or GTX 970 - if I can be convinced to go for NVidia.

My PSU has 850W, so my concern is not in power usage, unless a GPU will be costing me a fortune to power. I am concerned about sound levels though.

I currently game at 1080p but want to jump to either 4k or a triple monitor display - a lot more likely than 4k, since with 3 monitors, I can do better multitasking.

Mantle is dead by the way. You should rename this as Nvidia vs AMD features or thoughts not war or some shit.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Title pls

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Go with the 390 since you are thinking of going 4k in the future. Also try to think of a better title next time.

BUY NVIDIA AMD USERS ARE SCUMS THEY CANT EVEN DO ANY GOODER THAN NVDIA WITH SOFTWARE AND ALL CARDS ARE REBRANDS WITH EXTRA VRAM LOL! AMD USERS GET A FREE SPACE HEATER LOL! HA AMD USERS HAVE A SMALL penis.

Joking, go with the 390 for more vram if you plan to jump out of 1080p.

blackshades on

Get a 390 it ties or beats a 970 at 1080p, but when you make the jump to 1440p or 4K it stretches is legs and destroys the 970.

I wouldn't say destroys but it beats it :P

Bait title but if you're going to 4K definitely 390 is the best choice for more Vram(even though 8GB is Overkill it's future proof) and it's better than the 970 generally in 2K/4K situations and even most 1080p. AMD were surprisingly smart with these refreshes.

But honestly I wouldn't use either card for 4K and I wouldn't play 4K in general yet since no single card can run 60fps 4K very high settings/ultra, I would only upgrade to 2K for now with those cards. 

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

With flagship GPUs they are pretty much equal in power consumption now. The 980 ti and Titan X draw the same power as a Fury X, but the Fury X runs a lot cooler and quieter(under load) for obvious reasons.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

you're an idiot for that title...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

How to start a flame war

step 1 make a post named Nvidia vs AMD

Step 2 get banned

Still a better choice of words compared to the title.

hahahah touche 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/402954-amd-vs-nvidia-extra-features/?p=5434787

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Nvidia is better because REASONS!

Also, AMD is better in other ways and stuff like REASONS.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Shots fired shots fired! Hide before North-Korea joins with their nukes! :D

edit: if you can't decide between 2 cards, get the one that looks best, exept if there is an EVGA card, if there is, get that :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

My vote goes for team green, Nvidia.  I like that they use a lot less power and a lot more games seem to be optimized for them.  I don't mind AMD, but when Nvidia cards can have the same, or sometimes more, performance for half the wattage, it really impresses me.  Just my two cents

Are you still living in R9 200 series era ? 300 series has greatly improved power consumption and temps are not that high neither anymore.

Are you still living in R9 200 series era ? 300 series has greatly improved power consumption and temps are not that high neither anymore.

Look at charts comparing the power draw from 970 to 390 then tell me that again...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha