How much memory do you own in your main computer

How much memory do you own in your main computer. Do any main device if you dont own a pc (eg. phone,tablet)

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

16gb will always be the sweet spot for memory imo

16 GB, I just can't justify the price spent on the extra 16GB to tidy up my 8 slots. especially at ddr4 prices. especially with 16 running so well.

I have 32GB. It's a bit overkill for most things but it actually really helps out in Premiere Pro and Cinema 4D so it was worth it for me.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

8GB.

Had 4GB before but I got 2 2GB sticks some time ago :3

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

16gb will always be the sweet spot for memory imo

I actually expected 8GB to win

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

I just have 8GB, I don't do any extreme programs, and it's more than enough for 25 tabs in Chrome. I'm fine with 8GB.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

8gb, soon to be 16

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have 32GB. It's a bit overkill for most things but it actually really helps out in Premiere Pro and Cinema 4D so it was worth it for me.

i'm running 32GB it's overkill. i have no reason anymore. i used to do solid modeling. now i just have loads of programs running at once.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I actually expected 8GB to win

There is not many votes so the results are far from accurate.

There is not many votes so the results are far from accurate.

true but i thought immediatly 8GB would win

What is the point in this?

Just go onto steam or such to get numbers people are using. CPU, GPU, Ram and so on.. 

8GB is plenty for most, personal usage will dictate the best for you..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

64GB 2400Mhz.

Will upgrade to 128GB soon enough, but it will be a few thousand dollars to upgrade to a Xeon + RAM kit, so a few months off yet.

16GB on a good day. 8GB on a bad one.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

16 GiB. Plenty for now, but I might wanna double that once I jump into video editing.

P.S. It's totally fine even that way, I only had 1.5 GiB in my previous build...

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 5900X | NH-U14S | Asus X Noctua RTX 3070 | MP600 | 850 EVO 250 GB | Caviar Black 5 TB | SS-860 XP2 | Define R5 Black | Thaulab Varna IV -> Objective 2 -> Sennheiser HD-555/AKG K7XX/Audiotechnica ATH-M40x

twenny-fo'

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

So far the only one with 6GB. Funny thing is is that only 3 of that 6 are usable because my scrub 64bit Dell computer came with a 32bit copy of windows. Well, we are talking about the people that own alienware, so they're ripping people off left and right. Currently waiting for the Windows 10 update so that, after 2 years, I can finally upgrade to 64bit.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

16GB.12 is what i need at home, however I decided not to break the dual channel.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

16GB: 8GB in my PC and 8GB sitting on top of my case because too lazy to stick it in hahaha.

It's going to be so sexy to see all 4 slots filled up, yummy!

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

So far the only one with 6GB. Funny thing is is that only 3 of that 6 are usable because my scrub 64bit Dell computer came with a 32bit copy of windows. Well, we are talking about the people that own alienware, so they're ripping people off left and right. Currently waiting for the Windows 10 update so that, after 2 years, I can finally upgrade to 64bit.

I have 6GB too! Also came from a pre-built computer.

I have 6GB too! Also came from a pre-built computer.

Yay, i'm not alone!

Well, not ALL of it came from a pre-built. It originally had 2, I added 4.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White