How much memory do you own in your main computer

32GB@2400mhz.

Most of times my Ram usage is from 9GB to 15GB, rarely occasions I saw my RAM at 20GB.

I've never seen my RAM below 8GB.

I got 20gb so none of the above

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

32 GB here, no particular reason.. i just thought it looked empty with only half of the slots populated :D

"Once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can" - Hunter S. Thompson

8GB because I use my PC for gaming primarily.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

What is the point in this?

Just go onto steam or such to get numbers people are using. CPU, GPU, Ram and so on.. 

8GB is plenty for most, personal usage will dictate the best for you..

Where on Steam can you find these statistics? Link please.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

I just need 8GB. I just use my gaming PC for viewing live streams, playing MMO's & FPS's. Nothing more. Never seen my memory use go above 5GB.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

Where on Steam can you find these statistics? Link please.

http://bfy.tw/iKA

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

8gb. Wish I had 16

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

16. Decided to buy 16 instead of 8 gigs when i built my pc so i wouldn't have to worry about upgrading my memory in the future

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Direct link because I'm an adult, and to spare you the condescending nonsense above.

Teach people to use tools and not be lazy.. Not about condescending, it's about learning to look instead of being fed answers.

So much of the time here is spent on dishing out answers to questions that if typed into Google would be answered in the first few results..

LMGTFY just shows people how easy it is to use.. What search terms work and so on.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Teach people to use tools and not be lazy.. Not about condescending, it's about learning to look instead of being fed answers.

So much of the time here is spent on dishing out answers to questions that if typed into Google would be answered in the first few results..

LMGTFY just shows people how easy it is to use.. What search terms work and so on.

If you're going to say initially "you can find this info on Steam" don't be lazy yourself and not link to the page your talking about. That's called not citing your sources; which is a staple on this forum that has dozens of threads of misinformation every day.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Direct link because I'm an adult, and to spare you the condescending nonsense above.

Thank you good fellow.

Someone who takes the time to post on a tech forum isn't being lazy, they may not know what resources are out there to search for. Valve doesn't really advertise their hardware survey results and I don't think it's even accessible from Steam itself unless it's completely buried somewhere, so in my opinion it's reasonable that a lot of people aren't even aware of it in the first place.

Someone who takes the time to post on a tech forum isn't being lazy, they may not know what resources are out there to search for. Valve doesn't really advertise their hardware survey results and I don't think it's even accessible from Steam itself unless it's completely buried somewhere, so in my opinion it's reasonable that a lot of people aren't even aware of it in the first place.

I didn't know valve did hardware surveys; so when he said it, I wanted a source. Anybody can say anything they want on the internet, and the staggering number of falsities posted on this website alone leads me to be skeptical, so I asked for a source.

I have 32 GB but it's WAY overkill.  It was on sale and I just wanted to fill up the slots (poor reason) but yea 16 gb seem to be the sweet spot.

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core  Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 ATX Full Tower Case Storage Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive & Samsung EVO 850 500gb x 2 in RAID  PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2  Display LG 34UM95-P IPS 34" Ultra Wide monitor 3440x1440 & Samsung C32HG70 31.5" 2560x1440 144 Hz Cooling CUSTOM RIGID TUBE WATER LOOP 

32GB. People don't seem to realise that "unused" memory isn't unused at all; your OS uses it as filesystem read cache.

That being said, my primary use is for VMs and multi-tasking lots of application at once. I do security research so I'm often loading things across multiple VMs and different pieces of analysis software to test things out.

Also, being able to have VMs, Firefox, Chrome, Tor Browser, Visual Studio, LINQPad, NetBeans, Notepad++, Telerik JustDecompile, IDA, WinDbg, CFF Explorer, Process Explorer, Process Monitor, WinObj, Paint .NET, Steam, Spotify, Deluge, mIRC, etc. all running at once, then be able to wind down with a quick game of GTA V or SC2 without having to close anything else, is so awesome. The fact that I can context switch and jump back with no loss of state helps productivity so much. Sometimes I forget I've got 2 or 3 games running in the background because there's pretty much zero impact to performance.

Also just bumped my work laptop up from 8GB to 16GB too. It's so freeing.

Workstation: 2x Xeon 8276L (56 cores), 192GB ECC RAM, 4x NVMe SSD in VROC, 2080Ti, Chelsio T520 2x10G NIC

NAS: TrueNAS, 8x 6TB WD Red Pro in RAIDZ2, 96GB RAM, 1TB NVMe L2ARC, Chelsio T520 2x10G NIC

32gb. I started with 2x4gb, which was more than enough for 99% of the time, but one day windows complained that my memory was full. The PC-Freak I was, I bought 2x8gb sticks. So 24.

One day a friend of mine complained his 2x8gb sticks didn't work on his x58 mobo properly. So we changed his 2x8gb with my 2x4gb. So I ended up with 32gb and I know it's more than just overkill for my triple-monitor setup xD

PC CPU i7 4770 non K Motherboard Asrock Z97 Extreme 9 RAM 32gb Corsair LP GPU 2x r9 290 Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo Storage 4x2TB WD Black in Raid 0, Samsung 840 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB PSU Super Flower Golden Green 1000W Display(s) 3x Asus 24" Full HD Cooling Custom Watercooled, Radiators: 1x 420, 1x 360, 2x 240, 1x120 Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 Mouse Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 Notebook Asus UX360UAK (i7 7500U, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, 3200x1800 touch, 2 in 1)

32 GB here, no particular reason.. i just thought it looked empty with only half of the slots populated :D

I know that feeling bro xD

PC CPU i7 4770 non K Motherboard Asrock Z97 Extreme 9 RAM 32gb Corsair LP GPU 2x r9 290 Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo Storage 4x2TB WD Black in Raid 0, Samsung 840 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB PSU Super Flower Golden Green 1000W Display(s) 3x Asus 24" Full HD Cooling Custom Watercooled, Radiators: 1x 420, 1x 360, 2x 240, 1x120 Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 Mouse Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 Notebook Asus UX360UAK (i7 7500U, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, 3200x1800 touch, 2 in 1)

Also the answers are different. On steam the most popular is hd 4000 and here it's 900 series

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

32gb. I started with 2x4gb, which was more than enough for 99% of the time, but one day windows complained that my memory was full. The PC-Freak I was, I bought 2x8gb sticks. So 24.

One day a friend of mine complained his 2x8gb sticks didn't work on his x58 mobo properly. So we changed his 2x8gb with my 2x4gb. So I ended up with 32gb and I know it's more than just overkill for my triple-monitor setup xD

Cool way to get 32gb

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

2xA-Data pro 8Gb 1333MHz DDR3, one stick will soon hopefully be in my second PC(unfinished-no money for hdd and psu.P67 Extreme4 with first maybe a pentium, then, later- I3/i5, I am trying to save money, I don't do anything that requires more than 8gb ram)

Lga775 pc- 1x SuperTalent 1gb ddr2 800mhz and 1xA-Data 2gb 800mhz, not running at 800, close, cpu is OCed

Lenovo Thinkpad- 1x Samsung 2gb 1066mhz and 1x A-Data 1066mhz 2gb, no idea why 64-bit win 7 shows only 2.93.

Toshiba a50-1smth- 256mb DDR1- still working like new, still original win XP, never connected to internet, only used for work

Old s.7 -8mb sdram

Bulgarian, WoT nick- ivelinv8, War Thunder- BEST_NOOB_BG, GAMING PC: FX-4170; R9 280X TOXIC; 16 GB RAM; Fortron Raider 750W; Raidmax Helios case; WD Green 1TB. 50Mb/s + 50% bonus