Sapphire R9 Fury revealed

Quite often actually, you'd be amazed at what watching posts about sagging cards does.

But whatever, you have your beliefs.

If it was quite often then enthusiast forums would be filled with people warning others not to buy heavy cards. These kinds of cards wouldn't be really popular among enthusiasts either.

Overclockers.uk would like a word with you on that one. Plenty of sagging, cracked cards.

Is there? I honestly have not seen a ton of it. Then again I don't frequent OCUK.

No it won't. Sapphire wouldn't be dumb enough to release a video card that would break under it's own weight.

7970GHz did exactly that.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Is there? I honestly have not seen a ton of it. Then again I don't frequent OCUK.

Yes, which is why GPU support stands became a thing in recent years. Cards got huge and heavy.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

If it was quite often then enthusiast forums would be filled with people warning others not to buy heavy cards. These kinds of cards wouldn't be really popular among enthusiasts either.

"Enthusiasts" also tend to upgrade their graphics cards more often. Regular people will buy one card and keep it for several years. It's well known the heavy cards sag and can break after a little bit of time.

7970GHz did exactly that.

Mmm.. delicious broken gigahertz.

Yes, which is why GPU support stands became a thing in recent years. Cards got huge and heavy.

What's a GPU support strand?

Tethering the far edge of the GPU to top of case?

Do we need standard connectors for extra structural support much like we have standard connectors for extra power?

The back looks sexy imo.

The pcb should be fine. Its sandwiched between the backplate and what looks like a metal heatspreader to make it rigid. 

You get two types, the enterprise one that's been around for years

Dell_XN14D_AMD_FirePro_V5900_2Gb_256Bit_

Then the new one.

11205129_992563694111862_657372971139697

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Quite often actually, you'd be amazed at what watching posts about sagging cards does.

But whatever, you have your beliefs.

So, your opinion is that they should have extended the PCB with blank space to increase rigidity?

apparently its coming, lol. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

A telescoping rod of steel you mount from the bottom of the case to the top with movable struts to put upward pressure on the end of your graphics cards.

Sapphire came out with a teaser video. Maybe add this link to the post? 

Such extension lol xD

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

So, your opinion is that they should have extended the PCB with blank space to increase rigidity?

If you want to go ahead and put words in my mouth, be my guest, but that's not my opinion.

I am likeing that penis extension... heat sink ...

-snip-

This is with an i7 4690x overclocked to 4.2 Ghz. What exactly do you need more than an extra 120W for?

4960x* I was really confused when you said that for a second lol

they added quite a large penis extension to that thing,  now with more foliage. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

You know, I've decided; I actually quite like it. The 'penis extension' is quite unique and I like how they incorporated the design into the supporting brace. The overall look of the card is quite nice, following in suit with the previous 290x's which I quite like the design of.

But, people'll like what they like and feverishly bash what they don't.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!