Are there certain products you dislike just because everyone else likes it/has it?

Ganz

I know for me personally there are certain products out there that I don't care for mostly because everyone else has them or likes them.  An example for me is the NZXT H440.  EVERYONE has one, and while yes it is a fantastic case I would never personally own one.  Similar situation to iPhones. Anyone have certain products that are really good products but you wouldn't own one yourself.

I am like this with noctua fans. Yes they are really quiet and really high performance and everyone recommends them but I go with corsair fans cause they look better  :)

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

I know for me personally there are certain products out there that I don't care for mostly because everyone else has them or likes them.  An example for me is the NZXT H440.  EVERYONE has one, and while yes it is a fantastic case I would never personally own one.  Similar situation to iPhones. Anyone have certain products that are really good products but you wouldn't own one yourself.

Nope, it never crosses my mind really, it might be a negative point, but it doesn't completely put me off a product

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

....really?

thats called being a hipster/dumb. Ill use whatever is the best product for me. whether everyone uses it, or no one. I use my iphone 5 as a second device ALL THE TIME, and its hella smooth. 

so what, mate you running amd high end processors? 

It's not about choosing something that performs worse, I too will choose the best product for me, but for the most part there is never a product that does everything completely different than others. Never said any of these products where bad, in fact most are really really good hence the reason why everyone has one. Not being dumb it's called personal preference.  Like choosing between an H440, Define R5 or Corsair 500r.  All achieve the same thing with relatively same specs, but I have a personal preference to shy away from the h440 because everyone on from here to Pluto has one.

beats headphones

But those are not good products by any means. I wouldn't buy them, whether they are popular or not.

No. I make my opinion solely based on the product and it's reviews. Therefore I end up with stuff that many people like (my 4690K for instance) or stuff that many people do not like that much (e. g. my R.A.T. 7).

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The reason I dislike iPhones is not related to the amount of people who own one. I can't really think of anything I ONLY dislike because a lot of people have it. Although to a certain degree, knowing that something is very widespread does tend make me suspicious as the average joe is not likely to know what he wants, at least when it's tech related. Going back to the iPhone example, 90% of iphone users use it for facebook and what'sapp almost exclusively, which they could do just fine on a 120$ huawei phone. The remaining owners who actually know what they're doing want something VERY different from what I want.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Apple products

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

I guess this makes sense if it's a purely aesthetic decision. Like I don't really want a case that everyone and their dog has -- I want it to look somewhat mine.

The reason I dislike iPhones is not related to the amount of people who own one. I can't really think of anything I ONLY dislike because a lot of people have it. Although to a certain degree, knowing that something is very widespread does tend make me suspicious as the average joe is not likely to know what he wants, at least when it's tech related. Going back to the iPhone example, 90% of iphone users use it for facebook and what'sapp almost exclusively, which they could do just fine on a 120$ huawei phone. The remaining owners who actually know what they're doing want something VERY different from what I want.

Cheap phones have a... plasticiness to them. Their build quality isn't great. I've used some very inexpensive Samsung phones, too. There is more to a flagship of any brand than just the best Snapdragon of the generation or whatever. It's something that came up time and time again with reviews for the Asus Padfone. The concept was awesome, but it just didn't feel like a well constructed, quality product. And the ergonomics and aesthetics are important, they are a major part of a phone's selling point, whoever manufactured it.

And really most people with a HTC One M9 use it for facebook and texting eachother, it's not as if Apple is the only flagship manufacturer with more performance than their users actually need, generally. And it's not like iOS isn't full of games to play on it either.

Apple products, not because everyone has one, but because the fanboys are even worse than Alienware and console fanboys combined. 

Also, I am very angry that Apple lied to us with their "1984" ad for the Macintosh which pretty much told us we will not work in cold, colorless enviroments, 

post-80340-0-16961700-1436194042.jpg

NOT wear the same clothing as everyone else.

genius.jpg

And finaly, NOT BE TIED TO THE CENTRAL BEING KNOWN AS "THE MACHINE" (AKA The Internet)

Yes Apple, you have done well

And this...

post-80340-0-03588700-1436194014.jpg

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Yes.

Apple,

corsair, other stuff too.

I faced the facts.

Im a hipster

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not really products but the RED&BLACK colour scheme fucks me up (sorry to be to "direct")

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Not really. Sometimes I might get something a little different to add some spice but I don't go out my way to actively hate something just because everyone else has them. E.g I don't hate cars despite the fact a large % of the population has one. 

Antec stuff, because of horrible built quality and style. Corsair stuff, because over-advertising and over-pricing most times.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Aside from their consoles, I don't care for Sony products. I always found them to be lacking and riding on the brand name. Some of their laptops were a PITA to disassemble because of their frequent use of ribbon cables and daughterboards galore. Form over function usually annoys me.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Not really, I don't see a logic reason to do that, so yeah, nope.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

No.

If a product is good, and performs well, I like it.

If a product is bad, and performs poorly, I don't like it.

None of my opinion is based on popularity. Sure, I generally dislike current Apple products, but it's not because they are popular.

I don't like evga, No idea why, I just don't.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd