[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

Kek. I completed the game yesterday (on PC might I add) didn't have any real issues other than the odd stutter when driving around the city at high speeds. Also my GPU RAM usage was through to roof (4300MB's somehow) and my RAM usage was pegged at 9GB's lol...

At the present moment in time you need a very powerful gaming PC to play it with minor stutters haha. 

P.S I did muck around to config to disable 30 FPS cap and experienced no game breaking glitches or bugs despite what everyone else says. I suppose the patches will make the game run amazingly when they're eventually released... Also add back the graphical options that are clearly missing.

P.P.S.S I bought the game off G2A for £13 ;)

Yeah, I noticed the ram usage too, I was pinned at 7.5gb with just AK open and nothing else. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

That won't change much. People will still refuse to re-buy it.

Which is why I'm expecting them to refund all season passes soon. There's just no chance of them actually bothering with the content.

Yeah, I noticed the ram usage too, I was pinned at 7.5gb with just AK open and nothing else. 

It was probably capping out because you only have 8GBs of RAM I can see from your sig.

I have 16GBs so I had plenty RAM available. How did the game play on your PC (if it did play lol)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It was probably capping out because you only have 8GBs of RAM I can see from your sig.

I have 16GBs so I had plenty RAM available. How did the game play on your PC (if it did play lol)

Yeah, I figured that -- it might be loading game files into free RAM space in order to improve performance (since there was supposedly HDD related stuttering). 

I can maintain 60fps with everything maxed out except AA, if I'm in the batmobile probably 45-50 with the occasional stutters. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Australian spring - that's September to November

Well, that's not as bad as I expected.

A LOT of news sites are mis-reporting this as meaning Q2 2016.

And ones that don't, aren't really clarifying very well that Australian spring means Fall for us Northerners.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I decided I'm not rebuying this unless there's a GOTY edition. Everything I've seen about this game looks like Battlefield: Arkham with writing on par with fanfiction.

Literally the only thing I'm interested in is playing as Batgirl in challenge maps. And I'm not touching the season pass.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact they are clearly claiming this is a goodwill gesture and the wording puts all blame squarely on devs. While it is mostly the devs/publishers fault, Nvidia pushed this game too. My copy came bundled with my GTX 980 (it was one of the reasons I made the choice to buy it as I had planned on getting the game, and at that point had no idea how badly optimised it was) I can't possibly imagine Nvidia had no idea of the state the game was in considering the amount of press partnering the Nvidia logo with this game.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I love the fact they are clearly claiming this is a goodwill gesture and the wording puts all blame squarely on devs. While it is mostly the devs/publishers fault, Nvidia pushed this game too. My copy came bundled with my GTX 980 (it was one of the reasons I made the choice to buy it as I had planned on getting the game, and at that point had no idea how badly optimised it was) I can't possibly imagine Nvidia had no idea of the state the game was in considering the amount of press partnering the Nvidia logo with this game.

as it should be, it's not their product, that resposibily belongs to WB. nvidia couldn't have done nothing and still get away with everything as it's not their game, the same way AMD doesn't take the blame for games with their title with poor performance.  

the game ran perfectly fine on consoles, and PC was neglected, it's time to point the fingers to the people actually responsible, the game was developed by WB not nvidia. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

as it should be, it's not their product, that resposibily belongs to WB. nvidia couldn't have done nothing and still get away with everything as it's not their game, the same way AMD doesn't take the blame for games with their title with poor performance.

the game ran perfectly fine on consoles, and PC was neglected, it's time to point the fingers to the people actually responsible, the game was developed by WB not nvidia.

I'm not saying that Nvidia should've taken the blame per se, but they were well aware of how poorly the game ran before it launched. There has been a few articles about how they were running special versions which they had already configured to run better in test previews. How true that is, no one will ever know for certain. But Nvidia did use this game to sell graphics cards. If they knowingly sold graphics cards using what they knew to be a broken game, then they should share some responsibility. If I go and buy new car, and it happens to come with a third party stereo which then does not work, I don't go to the stereo company, I go back to the car dealership and tell them to fix it. That's my point. Nvidia are good for doing this, but they are putting across themselves as an innocent party who are now doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.
Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Lol this might actually be the first time for nvidia to actually speedup a game.

Also note that the meme that goes around is that nvidia sends engineers to studios to optimise a title...then what the fuck happened here? Did said engineer sit on his thumbs the entire time.

At least now we know AMD cards will be gimped by nvidia themselves, not lazy devs.

Lol this might actually be the first time for nvidia to actually speedup a game.

Also note that the meme that goes around is that nvidia sends engineers to studios to optimise a title...then what the fuck happened here? Did said engineer sit on his thumbs the entire time.

At least now we know AMD cards will be gimped by nvidia themselves, not lazy devs.

Again another reason that Nvidia knew what a state this game was despite publicising it right up to launch. The Nvidia trailer was a week or less before launch.

Spoiler

Again another reason that Nvidia knew what a state this game was despite publicising it right up to launch. The Nvidia trailer was a week or less before launch.

That Tom Peterson is a master level spin doctor...now it seems like nvidia is going out of their way to "help" fix this game. RHuddy needs to get power leveled to master level quickly for AMD to survive.

I had heard plenty about the issues PC players were having with this.  To be honest its not just PC now in days that has this problem.  Anyone remember the debacle with Assasin's Creed Unity? 

I'm hoping to get this later on down the line probably a physical retail copy.  Sorry if this has been answered already in the thread but have they stated when they will put it up for resale?

“Warner Bros. made a few mistakes getting the game out”

"a few mistakes"

eat a bowl of dicks, that mess of coding was more than just a few mistakes

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Lets be honest, quality control in general has gone downhill. Very few devs finish a game before release. The patch it in later or call it early access. 

Spoiler

Lets be honest, quality control in general has gone downhill. Very few devs finish a game before release. The patch it in later or call it early access. 

Thats the just the world we live in today.  There's many great and wonderful things about high speed internet.  Bugged/gimped games on day 1 are not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

It has far more to do with games having more expanded feature sets and more content, it seems QA teams have stayed the same and are no longer capable of catching everything

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Batman is back on sale on Steam now!

They haven't released a patch though. That's really weird.

EDIT: Oh, you lied. (Or it was back for like a second idk.)

They haven't released a patch though. That's really weird.

EDIT: Oh, you lied. (Or it was back for like a second idk.)

WTF, it was there like 10 min a go!