[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

GOTY Editions stand for "Game of the Year".

Under no circumstances could you possibly say Arkham Knight is "Game of the Year", unless the award is for "Absolute shittiest and buggiest PC Release - 2015".

By releasing it under GOTY, that's misleading to consumers, as despite the uproar, you can be sure there are still many mainstream consumers who don't know about the bugs.

Haha. I guarantee this game wins some GOTY awards for console (besides GOTY awards aren't generally platform specific and most publications are heavily console biased).

By the time the GOTY edition is released on console, we might have a playable vanilla copy on PC. Thus my tongue in cheek comment about how they should just aim for the GOTY release for PC (largely in part cause it would be funny).

Crappy performance on PC aside, the game is actually pretty damn good. It's been extremely well received on PS4 & Xbone.

Ridiculous. Still no ETA on the PC re-release. While they release console DLC.

Rocksteady still hasn't sent a representative to personally hug me and whisper sweet words of patch release dates in my ears THEY ARE SATAN!!!!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Sure, but they SHOULDN'T release a GOTY Edition. It might be a marketing tactic, but it's a dishonest one - massively in this case.

I would certainly approve of a "collectors edition" that included all DLC though. As long as they don't try and pass it off as GOTY.

i'm sure the reviews not as bad as you make it out to be, as of now, its the best reviewed game of the year, GTA 5 ignored. and yes it SHOULD get an GOTY, marketing nor not, i'm not spending 40$ on a season pass where the game on day 1 was 12$ in India. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Can't wait for them to fix all these issues. Really want to play this game, but I won't download it from TPB just now.

Haha. I guarantee this game wins some GOTY awards for console (besides GOTY awards aren't generally platform specific and most publications are heavily console biased).

By the time the GOTY edition is released on console, we might have a playable vanilla copy on PC. Thus my tongue in cheek comment about how they should just aim for the GOTY release for PC (largely in part cause it would be funny).

Crappy performance on PC aside, the game is actually pretty damn good. It's been extremely well received on PS4 & Xbone.

The Console version definitely deserves a GOTY edition - that was actually a well made game.

i'm sure the reviews not as bad as you make it out to be, as of now, its the best reviewed game of the year, GTA 5 ignored. and yes it SHOULD get an GOTY, marketing nor not, i'm not spending 40$ on a season pass where the game on day 1 was 12$ in India. 

The Console version is very well received. It deserves every bit of the score. It has a Metacritic score of 87 and 85, for PS4 and XBO respectively.

The PC Port has a score of 64 - which frankly, is generous still.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The Console version definitely deserves a GOTY edition - that was actually a well made game.

The Console version is very well received. It deserves every bit of the score. It has a Metacritic score of 87 and 85, for PS4 and XBO respectively.

The PC Port has a score of 64 - which frankly, is generous still.

you go to a movie and review a movie, not the theater playing it, 

yes it should show low scores on PC as it was a bad port, but it's still the same game that was well received on console. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

you go to a movie and review a movie, not the theater playing it, 

yes it should show low scores on PC as it was a bad port, but it's still the same game that was well received on console. 

That's a false comparison, since it would be like going to one theatre, and it playing in 320 x 240, and another theatre playing it in 4K.

The PC Version receives a horrible score because it is a bad port. This is why the PC version receives a different score to the PS4 version and the XBO version. This is standard practice in the gaming industry.

Once they fix all the port issues, perhaps it might be worth more. We'll have to wait and see.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's a false comparison, since it would be like going to one theatre, and it playing in 320 x 240, and another theatre playing it in 4K.

The PC Version receives a horrible score because it is a bad port. This is why the PC version receives a different score to the PS4 version and the XBO version. This is standard practice in the gaming industry.

Once they fix all the port issues, perhaps it might be worth more. We'll have to wait and see.

GTA 5 is a 97 on Consoles,Hypocritically =  if it performed terrible on PC and was a really really bad port. it's still a 97/100 game. but i get why it was scored low on PC if it was a bad port. doesn't mean i'm not gonna wish it got a GOTY edition. i stand on ym original comments, it's same game, just different platform. 

that is why, i never understood this review by IGN

HQr980l.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

GTA 5 is a 97 on Consoles,Hypocritically =  if it performed terrible on PC and was a really really bad port. it's still a 97/100 game. but i get why it was scored low on PC if it was a bad port. doesn't mean i'm not gonna wish it got a GOTY edition. i stand on ym original comments, it's same game, just different platform. 

that is why, i never understood this review by IGN

-snip-

One of the many reasons I don't use IGN for reviews :P That score makes no sense.

that is why, i never understood this review by IGNHQr980l.jpg

Was it a different reviewer? Hey at least it's not 7.0 with -too much guns. Could be worse. But seriously, IGN and reviews don't go together 90% of the time.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

At least we can all agree that Origins rightfully didn't receive the GOTY treatment.

So... I got a copy of this with my 970, but it was pulled before I could redeem it.
Do you think I'll be able to redeem when its released on steam again?
I want to try it if its fixed, but I'm sure as hell not giving them my money

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

nevermind 

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

So... I got a copy of this with my 970, but it was pulled before I could redeem it.

Do you think I'll be able to redeem when its released on steam again?

I want to try it if its fixed, but I'm sure as hell not giving them my money

I redeemed mine even while it wasn't available for purchase.  It worked fine.

oh, thanks!

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Part of the latest patch notes

Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain

At least we can turn it off. But it's ridiculous that game devs include features which degrade image quality while also lowering frame rates. Isn't this the exact opposite of what we are trying to do?

Why should we artificially inject undesirable artifacts caused by low quality video cameras and film reel which the movie industry fought to eliminate decades ago?

There will be uninformed people who just turn everything to max thinking that it gives them the best experience.

At least we can turn it off. But it's ridiculous that game devs include features which degrade image quality while also lowering frame rates. Isn't this the exact opposite of what we are trying to do?

Why should we artificially inject undesirable artifacts caused by low quality video cameras and film reel which the movie industry fought to eliminate decades ago?

There will be uninformed people who just turn everything to max thinking that it gives them the best experience.

Publishers.....Ubisoft....Cinematic ACU......need I say more?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

sunshine and grass, IP Board sucks ass

Edited by Solkia

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Not entirely sure about CA but blur and film grain don't really impact your FPS. Motion blur can actually make an image look more smooth if the FPS isn't all that stable (which is why it's used in pretty much every single console game). Film grain is mostly an aesthetic thing but when you are looking at it several feet away on a TV it can also help disguise shitty textures.

Not entirely sure about CA but blur and film grain don't really impact your FPS. Motion blur can actually make an image look more smooth if the FPS isn't all that stable (which is why it's used in pretty much every single console game). Film grain is mostly an aesthetic thing but when you are looking at it several feet away on a TV it can also help disguise shitty textures.

They do affect fps albeit in a very small way. But still devs should be concerned about every little amount. On my IPS monitor when I am moving around I often notice that switching off motion blur means I can resolve detail in a more realistic manner. As for film grain I don't think that as a medium we should be trying to mimic movies, let alone undesirable movie effects. Chromatic aberration is a color bleeding effect caused by lower quality cameras. Again we are not supposed to be viewing batman through a camera, let alone a shitty one. Turning off these 3 things should give a more pristine image. And the game engine is supposed to give us what the eye sees, not a phone camera.

• 2 weeks later...

EuroGamer - Batman: Arkham Knight PC patch released, pulled

A patch for the much-maligned PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight was released overnight, before being pulled shortly after.

The patch, which was released to those who opted into the beta version of the game on Steam, makes important improvements to the performance of the game, according to those who managed to test it.

Steam users report improved and smoother frame-rates, as well as more graphics options.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Steam specifically allows opt-in to beta versions of games for devs who want to use it. So not sure why they would release it on the beta channel and then pull it?

Steam specifically allows opt-in to beta versions of games for devs who want to use it. So not sure why they would release it on the beta channel and then pull it?

According to a lot of Discuss comments on PC Gamer, some stuff was still broken for some people. Batmobile not working and lower fps when gliding. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130