Do you think Vessel marks the (start of) the downfall of LTT

asim1999

Is it just me, or was the Vessel thing a bit of a desperate move? Also, after everyone's free trial ends, i dont think that many people will pay for his content on vessel and put it on alternate channels (Dailymotion). Also, LTT has not gained many subscribers on YT recently. So do you think this marks the slow downfall of LTT, is use think it does. 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Is it just me, or was the Vessel thing a bit of a desperate move? Also, after everyone's free trial ends, i dont think that many people will pay for his content on vessel and put it on alternate channels (Dailymotion). Also, LTT has not gained many subscribers on YT recently. So do you think this marks the slow downfall of LTT, is use think it does. 

I do not.

No.

Wasn't a desperate move at all, was an opportunity as a new source of income for LMG. Personally, i probably wouldn't pay for Vessel after my trail; just because i won't and you won't doesn't mean anyone else won't. Even if they haven't gained as many YouTube subscribers recently, if they've gained followers on Vessel, they may not have lost that much but may have gained slightly. 

The downfall of LTT will be when Linus and the rest of LMG decide to stop.

/thread 

Nope. They still release their videos in YT

This is a signature.

nah, vessel is ok, and i really only check it for LTT, but I think they will gain new viewers

i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | ASUS ROG Formula VII | Kingston HyperX 8gb | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 |Bequiet 600 Powerzone

No.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I will never pay for Vessel and I did not sign up for the free trial.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

No... they were fine with youtube, vessel is more of an extra. Besides I think they get paid a bit regardless of views.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Nope.

If they started releasing videos on Vessel that they will never upload to YouTube?

Kinda...?

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Oops, meant to post on off topic 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

wow, so melodramatic 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's a fuckton better than what Drive did with Drive+.  At least LTT doesn't hide the videos behind a paywall indefinitely.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Nope, not at all. Its so that linus can pay his employees better and produce better content. Its not like the content is behind a paywall like some people like to think either. You dont have to pay anythong to watch it, the only thing you get is that you get to see the content a few days early. Its just another way to support them. If you have a problem with that, then sorry, but you should go and learn how the work works and how much it costs to run a buisness.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Thinks system is failing, Gulag. 

Oh and, no, I know they have enough motivation and detication in themselves to make reviews and videos for a long time!

First, you accidentally (or mistakenly) posted this in the News subforum. Don't worry though, I've already reported it, and asked the mods to move it to General Discussion or Off Topic :)

Now, on Topic:

No.

LTT is one of the premier destinations for tech news, reviews, and content on Youtube. He's steadily growing. Once you reach a size like LTT, you don't grow fast (Under normal circumstances), instead you grow slow and steadily, with predictable subscriber numbers.

I do think that as soon as the free year of Vessel is finished, Vessel will see a lot/majority of LTT subscribers cancel their memberships, but the ones that do stay will help contribute a lot more than a youtube view.

The frank, stark truth is that a view on Vessel is worth more than a view on YouTube, because YouTube pays absolute shit for ad revenue.

There will always be a few users (minority) who will want that "exclusive see it first" experience, and those people can have Vessel.

For everyone else? Everything will continue as per status quo. LTT still releases the same number of videos on YouTube every week, at the same pace. I'm not concerned in the slightest.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

First, you accidentally (or mistakenly) posted this in the News subforum. Don't worry though, I've already reported it, and asked the mods to move it to General Discussion or Off Topic :)

Now, on Topic:

No.

LTT is one of the premier destinations for tech news, reviews, and content on Youtube. He's steadily growing. Once you reach a size like LTT, you don't grow fast (Under normal circumstances), instead you grow slow and steadily, with predictable subscriber numbers.

I do think that as soon as the free year of Vessel is finished, Vessel will see a lot/majority of LTT subscribers cancel their memberships, but the ones that do stay will help contribute a lot more than a youtube view.

The frank, stark truth is that a view on Vessel is worth more than a view on YouTube, because YouTube pays absolute shit for ad revenue.

There will always be a few users (minority) who will want that "exclusive see it first" experience, and those people can have Vessel.

For everyone else? Everything will continue as per status quo. LTT still releases the same number of videos on YouTube every week, at the same pace. I'm not concerned in the slightest.

Nice post, i agree

IDK, i just get a nagging feeling about the downfall whenever i view Vessel threads on this forum 

Also, LTT has not gained many subscribers on YT recently.

2500 subscribers a day

I think it's a bit sad, that we have to wait a week for the videos. Some might loose actuality/interest hurting LMG directly.

CPU: i5 4670k MB: Gigabyte Z97x UD3H  Ram: 4*4 Gb Hyperx Fury  GPU: Asus RoG GTX 1070 Case: Corsair Carbide Spec01 Storage: 2TB HDD/120gb Samsung 840
PSU: EVGA Supernova Nex 750w Display: Benq GL2460HM CPU Cooling: Corsar H105 2*SP120

Nope.

If they started releasing videos on Vessel that they will never upload to YouTube?

Kinda...?

They won't unless Vessel gives them a lot of money. Linus said that the videos will always be uploaded to YouTube, it will just be a week delayed.

I'm not a fan of the week delay. But even with my Vessel trial I find myself not even bothering with it at all, just waiting until the YT video comes out. IMO contributing to the forum is a better way to show support, but I guess its not enough.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

They won't unless Vessel gives them a lot of money. Linus said that the videos will always be uploaded to YouTube, it will just be a week delayed.

remember the thread where they published a longer ChannelSuperFun vid than they did on YouTube?

No.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015