Post your GPUs ASIC quality.

Just noticed my 760's ASIC quality is 86.9% and apparently 77% is good.

ASIC quality is essentially  an easy way to view how good your chip is, you can googlygoogle about it for more details.

My 760's OC amount:

+12mV

+140 Core

+ 500 Memory

How to read ASIC quality:

- Download GPU-Z

- Right click on the top left menu corner and select "Read ASIC quality..."

JbwG3p8.png

It is still relevant today.

"The ASIC Quality screenshot on the right can be evoked from GPU-Z's context menu and is individual for each graphics card and GPU. This feature has been developed for Nvidia’s Fermi (GX10x and GF11x) and AMD’s Southern Islands chips (Radeon HD 78xx and HD 79xx) and is supposed to indicate the quality of the specific GPU, in percent, based on electrical leakage data.

The GPU of our sample of the card has an ASIC quality of 76.6%. The higher this number, the lower voltage the GPU needs to work at the default clock rate and the higher overclocking results you can get with it by increasing its voltage.

According to Alexey Nikolaichuk (the author of RivaTuner and MSI Afterburner), the correlation between voltage and quality is like follows:

ASIC quality < 75% - 1.1750 V;
ASIC quality < 80% - 1.1125 V;
ASIC quality < 85% - 1.0500 V;
ASIC quality < 90% - 1.0250 V;
ASIC quality ≤ 100% - 1.0250 V."

blackshades on

My 780 is 87.4%

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

64.3% on my Windforce 970.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

71.6% on my tri x r9 290x (is that good?)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

You realize that doesn't mean anything right?

an ASIC is hardware programmed to process a specific task, which is why an asic the size of a GPU can do something like mine thousands of times faster than your whimsical 780ti or whatever youve got

this percentage does not correlate to the performance of your GPU vs an ASIC

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You realize that doesn't mean anything right?

an ASIC is hardware programmed to process a specific task, which is why an asic the size of a GPU can do something like mine thousands of times faster than your whimsical 780ti or whatever youve got

this percentage does not correlate to the performance of your GPU vs an ASIC

"The lower the ASIC quality is, the higher the voltage leakage is, which results in better voltage response thus better overclocks."

It does have to do with your measure of performance in a way, overclocknet users swear by it.

GPU-Z explains how it calculates your GPUs ASIC quality.

blackshades on

83 percent for me, but how what affects the quality?

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

"The lower the ASIC quality is, the higher the voltage leakage is, which results in better voltage response thus better overclocks."

It does have to do with your measure of performance in a way, overclocknet users swear by it.

GPU-Z explains how it calculates your GPUs ASIC quality.

so its estimating your overclocking performance, not performance compared to an ASIC? ok then...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

GTX 650 is 72.5

iGPU 0%

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

so its estimating your overclocking performance, not performance compared to an ASIC? ok then...

Googlygoogle it for more information, I just read a little bit in.

"The ASIC Quality screenshot on the right can be evoked from GPU-Z's context menu and is individual for each graphics card and GPU. This feature has been developed for Nvidia’s Fermi (GX10x and GF11x) and AMD’s Southern Islands chips (Radeon HD 78xx and HD 79xx) and is supposed to indicate the quality of the specific GPU, in percent, based on electrical leakage data.

The GPU of our sample of the card has an ASIC quality of 76.6%. The higher this number, the lower voltage the GPU needs to work at the default clock rate and the higher overclocking results you can get with it by increasing its voltage.

According to Alexey Nikolaichuk (the author of RivaTuner and MSI Afterburner), the correlation between voltage and quality is like follows:

blackshades on

My 780 is 87.4%

my 780 is dead

GTX 650 72% lol

My Zotac 770 4 GB is 79% and that's pretty good for the 770's from what I've read. It's memory OC's very nicely. I have not pushed it to the max yet but I can run +93 core without going over 80c. I OC in Witcher 3.

+93 core

+150 Memory.

My Zotac 770 4 GB is 79% and that's pretty good for the 770's from what I've read. It's memory OC's very nicely. I have not pushed it to the max yet but I can run +93 core without going over 80c. I OC in Witcher 3.

+93 core

+150 Memory.

I get +140 on the core and +500 memory.

blackshades on

ASIC quality doesn't mean much.

Both my chips are around the same.  69.8% on the Strix and 71.5 on the SC ACX

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

ASIC quality doesn't mean much.

Both my chips are around the same.  69.8% on the Strix and 71.5 on the SC ACX

Can't believe you're running 980's with an 8370 lol. I thought I was ballsy with my 8320.

blackshades on

Can't believe you're running 980's with an 8370 lol. I thought I was ballsy with my 8320.

I know what ASIC quality is meant to mean, but I'd be very surprised to see overclocking scale remotely linearly with it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I know what ASIC quality is meant to mean, but I'd be very surprised to see overclocking scale remotely linearly with it.

There are other variables but this is the easiest way to view the "quality" of your chip and possible overclocking potential.

blackshades on

My EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 has ASIC quality of 69.8%. The highest rock solid stable boost clock is 1417.5 MHz.

ASIC quality % don't mean much these day. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |