Fallout 4 is official

Bouzoo

It's got a lot of hallmark Gamebryo things in the trailer. Stuff like animations and the like. An improved Gamebryo, but Gamebryo none the less. Like how you can tell every Call of Duty game is based of the same Quake engine.

I think its the opening scene inside the house with the dog, giving me deja vu from The bureau: xcom declassified, and some of the techniques used in the unreal engine being present. I've no doubt Bethesda are using their own engine, but some moments in the trailer seem familiar to unreal engine, there's no denying it. That's a good thing though... means Beth may have improved their engine quite a bit.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I didn't say they would call them peasants, I was calling them peasants.

Sadly, you're correct.

They still probably wouldn't put up a neon sign at E3 that says "CONSOLE VERSION DOESN'T LOOK AS GOOD AS PC" since that would anger the fans, and after paid mods they don't have a lot of room for anger.

They still probably wouldn't put up a neon sign at E3 that says "CONSOLE VERSION DOESN'T LOOK AS GOOD AS PC" since that would anger the fans, and after paid mods they don't have a lot of room for anger.

That was Valve, not Bethesda.

And now that I think about it, they could hang up that sign and most people would probably say "well that almost goes without saying".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't think you get the point of most people's complaints here.

It's 2015. Star citizen is a thing. We know what the standard of graphics is set at. But seeing a "AAA" title with graphics that are relatively lacking isn't a very good way to go about things. It doesn't have to have the most ultra super high UHD textures on character models that alone account for 9billion polys but it does have to look good. While I have no doubt it'll be fixed by modders in due course, it shouldn't have to be like that.

So fuck the story as long as I can see the individual motes of gravel in a wall texture?

Fallout is the Mystery Science Theater or Plan 9 from Outer Space of video games. Part if its inherent charm is that it's a bit wonky. If it was crystal clean and smooth it wouldn't feel like a Fallout game.

No one berates games like Shovel Knight for having their style despite being objectively bad in 2015. Fallout has it's style. It's entirely subjective.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

And now that I think about it, they could hang up that sign and most people would probably say "well that almost goes without saying".

Bethesda was involved though, they may be taking less blame, but some people will still hold a grudge. If by "Most People" you mean the PC fans you're correct, but the console fans are going to get mad that they don't have as good a game.

Bethesda was involved though, they may be taking less blame, but some people will still hold a grudge. If by "Most People" you mean the PC fans you're correct, but the console fans are going to get mad that they don't have as good a game.

The paid mods thing was almost entirely Bethesda's doing, not Valve's.

Also, 2K

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Bethesda had a huge part in that entire thing. They set the % so low for Modders, they had to agree to it all, they had the opportunity to make it work by not trying to money grab etc etc..

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Bethesda had a huge part in that entire thing. They set the % so low for Modders, they had to agree to it all, they had the opportunity to make it work by not trying to money grab etc etc..

I was under the impression that Valve was the one who set the percentages.

They've no one to be mad at other than themselves. (you get what you pay for)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I was under the impression that Valve was the one who set the percentages.

They've no one to be mad at other than themselves. (you get what you pay for)

People complain whether or not the reason for their complaints was their fault.

So fuck the story as long as I can see the individual motes of gravel in a wall texture?

Fallout is the Mystery Science Theater or Plan 9 from Outer Space of video games. Part if its inherent charm is that it's a bit wonky. If it was crystal clean and smooth it wouldn't feel like a Fallout game.

No one berates games like Shovel Knight for having their style despite being objectively bad in 2015. Fallout has it's style. It's entirely subjective.

I've not said anything about the story or the game being bad?

I've bought f3 about 15 times since release, for myself and for others.

It's really not about anything else other than quality. The impression that the mesh and texture quality give to me is that they don't really care about the quality of their product. Why should I invest time into a universe I adore if they're not going to put the work in to make it look as it should. Mods cannot rectify bad game design.

F3 was a pretty terrible game. But I loved it to bits. I built a PC for it. I loved the story. My main gripe was that it crashed, a lot. It was hella buggy and in general it was clunky.

That's not style. That's design issues.

Things can be clunky to an extent and by design, like the pipboy, but it gets ridiculous at a point. Like ladders and the engines inability to deal with them.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Style and asset quality are not mutually exclusive. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I'm gone for 2 hours and I get 113 notifications in a single thread that is not the car thread. Jesus

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm gone for 2 hours and I get 113 notifications in a single thread that is not the car thread. Jesus

do-you-think-this-is-a-fucking-game.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Also I hope this is alpha or pre-alpha footage and that they will improve graphics. I don't need Crysis 3, just want to enjoy the wasteland and it's beauty.

Is it me or we're due for an animation revolution ? I can't stand it when I can see the exact path and when an animation begins and ends. Should be more seamless... Jeez it's 2015. As for graphics overall, they're bad. Sure the game ain't out yet but I'm just saying...  Speaking of which, when does it come out ?

I'm well aware that graphics doesn't make a good game, but it's 2015 and I'm asking for more. If big developpers like Bethesda won't push the envelope, who will ? I like the style though, more colors and all. It's just that models, textures, and lighting seemed like 2012. That dog should have had some kind of fur on it. Like TressFx or something. 

I'm sure it will be fun though. I enjoyed the others... 

Speaking of which, when does it come out ?

I hope we'll find that at E3, hasn't been announced yet.

>Still wanting Fallout New Vegas 2

Will never happen

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's really funny you mention Unreal engine, because that thought crept into my head while watching the trailer. I had dismissed it because I figured Beth would be using their own in-house engine, but who knows.

It's probably the Creation Engine that has been redone though. The Creation Engine which is a redone version of the Gamebyro engine. That engine sucks and is quite buggy hopefully they have gone all out and given the game large address away at least. Although it is an engine which allows lots of customization which is one of the reasons why Bethesda games are highly modifiable. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm also guessing that they might not be using tress fx and hairworks or stuff that might damage performance. 

Yeap, I fully agree to this, but then of course this is one of the things I secretly wish for... Doing some work to achieve the ultimate graphics and then doing more to improve the game. I'm disappointed and happy at the same time, but more happy than disappointed.

I would prefer to not have that. If I really want it someone will mod it in. Or a different version of it that looks better because lets face it moders are way better at this sort of thing then even game devs are half of the time. Just look at Millenia's gun textures for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. They are easily the best gun textures I have seen for any game.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

i think it looks ok as much as i would like to see a new engine i´m worried that that would kill mods or make it much harder. right now modding the beth games is ridiculously easy especially compared to other games were you need tons of other software and programming experience. but maybe they just don't bother with better textures since they know the community is going to improve it anyways.

Just stop.

Stop.

It's Fallout 4. Every time I see your stupid posts a part of me dies.

Woah dude. Calm the fuck down and lay off. As you can clearly see, he made that post BEFORE it was confirmed to be Fallout 4. It wasn't until afterwards that someone delved into the HTML code and saw that there was a redirect from Fallout4.com to the countdown site.

No one appreciates your attitude and the fact that you're personally attacking @Jade, calling his posts "stupid". It very well could have been New Vegas 2, for all we knew at the time.

Turns out, it was Fallout 4, but you know, hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

So in the future, please try to act a little more civil towards your fellow users? It sure as hell would help my, and everyone else's experience here, if we didn't have to wade through posts of people being assholes to others for no reason.

Every time you're a dick unnecessarily, a part of everyone else grows to hate you.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I expected more from this... but i want to see how the gameplay is. maybe i'll change my mind.

as long as thay dont do what they did to skyrim and strip out attributes (aka the SPECIAL) system, something that is a  core feature of the game, I will be fine otherwise I will be a very angry and ranty fallout fan

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I am not a huge graphics makes the game person, but I do wish the textures on the dog (which was the focal point of the whole video) was more detailed. I am hoping that this is a gameplay of the console version, and the details will be higher for PC.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B