Fallout 4 is official

Bouzoo

Got a email from them as well, TBC 2015. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

As long as you don't pre order you won't be disappointed if its late. (BTW, TBC means that it could be released at any time until December 31).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

As long as you don't pre order you won't be disappointed if its late. (BTW, TBC means that it could be released at any time until December 31).

Yeah, "To be confirmed"

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Yeah its available for pre-order on steam with a coming soon: TBD (to be decided) for release date... Anyone that pre-orders right now needs their head checked.

gallery_62868_1880_711907.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

To everyone hoping it isn't Gamebryo, you do realise it'd set modding back 9 or more years, right?

The fact that we know the basics of gamebryo don't change was what allowed Skyrim modding to get so big so fast

And many of the modders I know, and have talked to say they would rather see a new engine because the engine itself is a limiting factor now, pile on Bethesdas broken creation kits. As long as people use the "we know the engine" excuse, it gives them no real reason to move on, do you want Fallout 5, 6 or 7 to also be based on Gamebryo? Because that is basically what your going to get talking like that. It wont set modding back that far, the modding community is MUCH larger than it once was which will help with learning a new engine.

More modern engines would likely be easier to mod with because they would be better optimized, allow for newer effects without hacky(and extremely performance heavy) systems like ENB uses, likely allow for better (and completely new) creation kits, have less restrictions and likely larger cells for less loading screens.

1 - I hope this doesnt use the same engine as skyrim, even though i have intel-nvidia, i would like for everyone to be able to enjoy the game at high frame rates, and skyrim engine sucks on AMD

2- I dont actually care about the graphics, if they are good enough, PC master race can mod the rest

3- I hope they made a 2 or 3 man multiplayer... knowing bethesta this will not happen, but a man can dream right?

1 - I hope this doesnt use the same engine as skyrim, even though i have intel-nvidia, i would like for everyone to be able to enjoy the game at high frame rates, and skyrim engine sucks on AMD

2- I dont actually care about the graphics, if they are good enough, PC master race can mod the rest

3- I hope they made a 2 or 3 man multiplayer... knowing bethesta this will not happen, but a man can dream right?

Its not the engine, its Skyrim requiring 2-4 strong cores (2 cores wasn't enough with loads of texture mods and my GTX 970), and AMD not having a single CPU that actually delivers the needed performance (except maybe the old Phenom II BE).

PMSL

I will be pre-ordering.  I'm actually doing it three times.  One for me, my wife, and my brother.  I might do 4 if I feel like it for my sister as well.  

Why?  Because it's my favorite game of all time.  I don't care what anyone says.

( Oh, and now it's on Steam!  Good bye wallet.)

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

I think that also their games used a lot of the cpus of last Gen consoles and with the apus they may have to put less emphasis on graphics (not sure) oh and also I remember Bethesda saying that they had their game on Xbox at e3 because they didn't want gamers to be disappointed with the graphics

The problem with that logic is their game looks bad compared to other console games in that trailer

Look at that, then look at watch dogs, gta, or basically any Xbox or ps4 game

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Its not the engine, its Skyrim requiring 2-4 strong cores (2 cores wasn't enough with loads of texture mods and my GTX 970), and AMD not having a single CPU that actually delivers the needed performance (except maybe the old Phenom II BE).

This is an engine issue, it's not because skyrim was demanding, it was because it was poorly coded

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The problem with that logic is their game looks bad compared to other console games in that trailer

Look at that, then look at watch dogs, gta, or basically any Xbox or ps4 game

No offense.....but who gives a shit?

Gameplay wise, Fallout and Elder Scrolls have always been top notch, graphics wise not so much. They've always been big on building worlds to get lost in.

And besides, mods will take care of whatever people don't like, no matter how good it looks there is likely a mod out there somewhere.

On the plus side, at least they aren't showing a Watch_Dogs/Witcher 3 kind of trailer that looks absolutely gorgeous, only to be downgraded at launch.

(although to be fair witcher 3 vanilla looks amazing despite that).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

World-building is what keeps FO and TES on their mantle.  In that respect, Obsidian Entertainment did a finer job than Bethesda between their two FO games.  Peeps are definitely getting too nuts over the lackluster graphics, the thing that pretty much matters the least of all.  Especially with these two franchises, mods and tools come out of the woodwork to take graphics to the clouds.  If you want it to look insanely pretty, you'll have that option (with our new Paid Mods Program LOLOL)

However, FO and TES gameplay is falling behind.  They're not very good shooters by shooter standards.  Any modern shooter is better, be it third or first person.  And with franchises like Batman Arkham and Dark Souls seriously upping the bar for close-quarters combat, Gamebryo is feeling way behind.  VATS is starting to feel less like an isometric throwback and more like a necessary compromise because to do otherwise would be diving into the syrupy goo of mediocrity.

So sure, they've got their graphics (mostly via the community, however), they've got their world-building (though Obsidian would do it better), and they've got their nifty RPG subsystems (always a do).

But to be sure, they're falling behind in some key respects, and while the name and other aspects will easily keep them afloat, that doesn't mean it's couldn't be significantly improved.  I really hope it is, but AAA companies make me more cynical every year, so I'm not terribly optimistic.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

This is an engine issue, it's not because skyrim was demanding, it was because it was poorly coded

Lol, if it was poorly coded why do only CPU's with a low IPC (mainly the entire FX range) have problems with stuttering while playing it? When Skyrim was released AMD and Intel had only Quad cores (and maybe the hex core Phenom) as their best CPU's-all of which had significantly single threaded performance than anything from AMD's current line. If your trying to rationalise purchasing any of the CMT CPU's for games (they are good for a few verys specific tasks as well as 2 games-BF4 and Hardline), your really doing a poor job. I know what I'm talking about while you however seem to have no clue.

PMSL

No offense.....but who gives a shit?

Gameplay wise, Fallout and Elder Scrolls have always been top notch, graphics wise not so much. They've always been big on building worlds to get lost in.

And besides, mods will take care of whatever people don't like, no matter how good it looks there is likely a mod out there somewhere.

I was replying to someone who was trying to blame the consoles for fallouts looks, even is really just Bethesda incompetent devs.

Your comment too has some problems

I never said the bad graphics made the game bad, just that it would be better if they weren't so bad.

Gameplay wise, Bethesda is extremely sub par, their games are buggy and their gameplay is usually weak, like try to shoot a gun without vats in fallout, or swing a sword in skyrim, it's like swinging a pool noodle around

And mods are no excuse for a bad looking game, we shouldn't give Bethesda extra credit for making a bad looking game, just because they support mods

But "who cares?"

I do, if the game is all about "muh immersion" then I think it should look good enough that it isn't breaking the experience

Also the mods fix Bethesdas bad graphics argument ignores more than half of the market

I was replying to someone who was trying to blame the consoles for fallouts looks, even is really just Bethesda incompetent devs.

Your comment too has some problems

I never said the bad graphics made the game bad, just that it would be better if they weren't so bad.

Gameplay wise, Bethesda is extremely sub par, their games are buggy and their gameplay is usually weak, like try to shoot a gun without vats in fallout, or swing a sword in skyrim, it's like swinging a pool noodle around

And mods are no excuse for a bad looking game, we shouldn't give Bethesda extra credit for making a bad looking game, just because they support mods

But "who cares?"

I do, if the game is all about "muh immersion" then I think it should look good enough that it isn't breaking the experience

Also the mods fix Bethesdas bad graphics argument ignores more than half of the market

Then I guess I just have low expectations because Vanilla Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3, all played before adding ANY mods, and I enjoyed the hell out of them.

So I don't get where all this shit comes from, maybe you expect more, but I know what to expect from Bethesda....to lose a few days of my life. xD

Literally going to have to buy a completely new computer since I sold mine awhile back. Pre-Ordered today :D

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Then I guess I just have low expectations because Vanilla Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3, all played before adding ANY mods, and I enjoyed the hell out of them.

So I don't get where all this shit comes from, maybe you expect more, but I know what to expect from Bethesda....to lose a few days of my life. xD

I think it more than a few once everything in Skyrim and Fallout 3 is completed....

PMSL

Literally going to have to buy a completely new computer since I sold mine awhile back. Pre-Ordered today :D

I think you're not supposed to do that, it has something to do with the "PC Master Race" rules.

Nah, just kidding.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I quickly read through the comments here to see if somebody else had posted this, which it hasn't.

Apparently the guy who accidentally leaked the material that Kotaku originally put up was fired. So he decided to get his revenge, I read this before work on Reddit so you guys can go find it As I'm on my phone. But he DOES spoil the story so I recommend not. The important part from this is the expected release date of October this year.

... may I ask why? It's your money and all but just interested in the reason since we saw 0 gameplay and know nothing about it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

... may I ask why? It's your money and all but just interested in the reason since we saw 0 gameplay and know nothing about it.

Well he probably played FO3 and New Vegas, in which case he has seen gameplay and knows plenty about it. :P

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Well he probably played FO3 and New Vegas, in which case he has seen gameplay and knows plenty about it. :P

Yeah I mean I know that but they might change something  :Pmaybe

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.