USA Threatening Venezuela With Political And Economic Sanctions

Artorias

Author: Ryan Martin (eTeknix)

nicolas_maduro_venezuela.jpg

ABC.es reports that the USA is exerting threats as well as political and economic sanctions in a bid to get Venezuela to revoke Snowden’s asylum, or hand the NSA whistleblower over to the USA if he arrives on American soil. With Snowden seeking temporary asylum within Russia in a bid to help him make the final move to a Latin American nation like Venezuela, the USA is worried that he might make it there and is preparing for the worst. The USA has already revoked the visas of entry to the USA for Venezuelan government officials and businessman associated with the current government in power in Venezuela.

Additionally John Kerry, current American secretary of State, has threatened the Venezuelan foreign minister with a suspending the sale of gasoline to the Latin American country if Snowden is successfully received and processed for asylum. With such a potentially crippling threat it remains to be seen whether Venezuela will choose to uphold their values in favour of accepting Edward Snowden if that results in economic and political damage to Venezuela and its current government.

Source: http://www.eteknix.com/usa-threatening-venezuela-with-political-and-economic-sanctions/
Comment: Wow... Never thought USA would go as far as threatening other countries.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Comment: Wow... Never thought USA would go as far as threatening other countries.

This really surprises you?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

we should embargo stupid USA, they can keep their "democracy" for themselves

also their companies like Moodys and other companies that do nothing but mix air should be terminated, not to mention feds and other stuff

they are in depth gazillion dollars, yet they print more munay and lend it to "bail out" countries. like REALLY? 

This really surprises you?

Not that actually surprised. " 'Murica, trying to control the world since world war II". Someone should make this meme. :D

How is this relevant to a tech forum?

Because it's related to NSA news and Snowden?

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

Because it's related to NSA news and Snowden?

Because NSA is trying to snoop at everything you own that is connected to the internet?

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Because NSA is trying to snoop at everything you own that is connected to the internet?

Oh, gee willikers! I suppose it'd be too expensive to hire thousands of people to peek through people's windows. Of course they use tools like computers and the internet to accomplish their spying business. How else would they? I mean that's what computers and the internet were invented for in the first place. Military communications and data collection. :/

These news articles about the NSA are getting annoying and hold no relevance to a tech forum. If this were a political forum, that'd be a different story.

Oh, gee willikers! I suppose it'd be too expensive to hire thousands of people to peek through people's windows. Of course they use tools like computers and the internet to accomplish their spying business. How else would they? I mean that's what computers and the internet were invented for in the first place. Military communications and data collection. :/

These news articles about the NSA are getting annoying and hold no relevance to a tech forum. If this were a political forum, that'd be a different story.

You should have posted that to the very first thread that posted something about the NSA.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

You should have posted that the very first thread that posted something about the NSA.

I don't tend to be annoyed at something when it's happened just for the first time.

If i said Edward Snowden was at my house right now, how long do u think it would take for them to find out where i live?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I don't tend to be annoyed at something when it's happened just for the first time.

If you watch the WAN show today at around 37:20. My opinion would probably be the same as Logan.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

If i said Edward Snowden was at my house right now, how long do u think it would take for them to find out where i live?

Right..about..now.

Ding,dong... *bell rings*.LOL :P

Because it is about freedom, which is the heart of the internet.

Because it is about freedom, which is the heart of the internet.

Again, this is more about politics than tech. Right to freedom doesn't just pertain to the internet nor does the NSA pertain purely to internet connected devices. Freedom is an issue all over the world for many countries. Even the countries with democratic governments. Internet freedom is so trivial compared to real life oppression and of the like.

Again, this is more about politics than tech. Right to freedom doesn't just pertain to the internet nor does the NSA pertain purely to internet connected devices. Freedom is an issue all over the world for many countries. Even the countries with democratic governments. Internet freedom is so trivial compared to real life oppression and of the like.

Then what do you think why Linus is discussing about this on the WAN show?

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

linus talks about it alot also from the latest wan show it seems that this is relevant i guess

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Then what do you think why Linus is discussing about this on the WAN show?

linus talks about it alot also from the latest wan show it seems that this is relevant i guess

Apparently, it looks like Linus has many followers who would bend their own views to his. :/

Well have fun with that...

Apparently, it looks like Linus has many followers who would bend their own views to his. :/

Bend ?

You said why is this on a tech forum

I responded with Linus's current topics

That's it

If you have a problem with things like this on forums mods won't mind taking suggestions

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Frankly, you're in denial if you don't see the Tech Industry relevance of the NSA spy thing, snowden, etc.

This could (and probably already does) affect the way devices are manufactured, how much control the US government has with devices (often ones that don't even end up in the USA), and how your online privacy is affected.

Yes, there are political notations to this, but there are political notations to MANY Tech news items. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Also, while you are correct, in that there are worse real world issues with freedom (some countries being very oppressive and violent to their population or certain minority groups), but whether you like it (or see it) or not, the Internet, and tech in general, is becoming linked with these situations in a VERY real way.

As an example, the Civil War/revolution in Libya, and the ongoing Civil War in Syria, were both reported via social media (Twitter, etc), often BEFORE main stream media picked up on certain events. It allowed a 1st person perspective to be showed to the world. The news can only tell us so much, but someone who is THERE, right now, living through a battle down the street, can give you insights and break through some of the media obfuscation (either by world media, or by the local government trying to cover up facts).

Whether or not you personally believe this stuff affects you, doesn't really matter. It does affect you, even if its just in subtle ways such as new products having built-in back doors for NSA spying, or privacy policies for online services that basically say "too bad, we'll hand your stuff over unconstitutionally to the government whenever they want it".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My family consists of Venezuelan-Europeans and many still live in Venezuela. What effects could be implied to the people?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

If non tech news was an issue it would have been brought up by the mods and there would have been another sub forum made.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance |