USA Threatening Venezuela With Political And Economic Sanctions

Artorias

If non tech news was an issue it would have been brought up by the mods and there would have been another sub forum made.

These were my own personal grievances, if you couldn't tell. Clearly, the mods are lenient.

The notion that tech and politics are somehow mutually exclusive is ignorant and downright idiotic.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

These were my own personal grievances, if you couldn't tell. Clearly, the mods are lenient.

So, you're suggesting that every single thread that's been made about NSA and Snowden that is connected w/ the privacy of you, using the internet that is also related to tech and everything about the news on how the internet is evolving and how the internet is affecting the world must be taken down by mods?

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

So, you're suggesting that every single thread that's been made about NSA and Snowden that is connected w/ the privacy of you, using the internet that is also related to tech and everything about the news on how the internet is evolving and how the internet is affecting the world must be taken down by mods?

He's saying it's not up to him whether or not the forum mods allow this chatter. It would be up to the forum mods.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

The notion that tech and politics are somehow mutually exclusive is ignorant and downright idiotic.

Where exactly do you get this "notion" from my posts? Of course there are times when political (and other types) news items have significant relevance to technology. In the case of the OP's article, the relevance is non-existent.

And in the case of @dalekphalm's argument, the effects of the NSA has on privacy has already been discussed many times on the forum. And considering that the NSA ordeal is still an on-going issue, some of the points you made are (or can be seen as, if you prefer.) subjective. Until the time comes when the NSA has been properly dealt with, I won't start "counting the casualties" now.

He's saying it's not up to him whether or not the forum mods allow this chatter. It would be up to the forum mods.

Yes. Thank you.

Well then after trying to assasinate the previous Venezuelan president on many occasions they now threaten the current government with sanctions.......it is what is not being said by the United States that freightens me the most, not what is being said. I believe if you want to see the U.S. opinion on the right to privacy of South America one has only to look at the Monroe doctrine for the answer, nothing much has changed in the U.S. mindset.

Where exactly do you get this "notion" from my posts? Of course there are times when political (and other types) news items have significant relevance to technology. In the case of the OP's article, the relevance is non-existent.

And in the case of @dalekphalm's argument, the effects of the NSA has on privacy has already been discussed many times on the forum. And considering that the NSA ordeal is still an on-going issue, some of the points you made are (or can be, if you prefer.) subjective. Until the time comes when the NSA has been properly dealt with, I won't start "counting the casualties" now.

Yes. Thank you.

Clearly you didn't watch the whole WAN show this week. If you've watched it, you'll know why most of us here would probably say that our opinion is the same as Logan.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

'murica

Couldn't put it better myself

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Clearly you didn't watch the whole WAN show this week. If you've watched it, you'll know why most of us here would probably say that our opinion is the same as Logan.

So? Jesus, why can't people form their own views on things themselves and not rely on others to do the thinking for them? Ridiculous.

I don't need to watch the WAN show or hear what Logan has to say to form my own opinions on things. I don't care if Logan's opinion is the same as mine or not. What Logan or Linus on the WAN show have to say about current events is not the "be all, end all" of opinative thought.

So? Jesus, why can't people form their own views on things themselves and not rely on others to do the thinking for them? Ridiculous.

I don't need to watch the WAN show or hear what Logan has to say to form my own opinions on things. I don't care if Logan's opinion is the same as mine or not. What Logan or Linus on the WAN show have to say about current events is not the "be all, end all" of opinative thought.

We already have that in mind even if Logan or Linus didn't say that on the WAN show. This type of news are really important to us because it's gonna have an effect on the companies that we are working on or soon to be working in whether we like it or not.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

We already have that in mind even if Logan or Linus didn't say that on the WAN show. This type of news are really important to us because it's gonna have an effect on the companies that we are working on or soon to be working in whether we like it or not.

Considering the NSA has been conducting it's warrentless spying business since around the time of 9/11 in 2001, these "effects" that you point out have (or rather, should) been in effect for a while now.

Comment: Wow... Never thought USA would go as far as threatening other countries.

Why is this surprising? We are not threatening to bomb them or war, just an oil embargo. Would the Phillipines continue to trade with Malaysia if they offered asylum and had a Filipino fugitive/whistleblower?

Just saying...

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Why is this surprising? We are not threatening to bomb them or war, just an oil embargo.

'just an oil embargo'.

Japan didn't approve of one of those iirc

Lets put this whole story to bed with an NRG style summary, so that everyone can stop arguing whether it belongs here. snowden will be dead soon anyway so the story will vanish.

-The governments are spying on us, passing our filthy sexts to our gfs through filters to determine if we are extremest muslims

-mr snowden thought everyone should know this is real and not james bond fantasy

-for telling the people of his country that their government spies on them he is a traitor. He will be sentenced to death or 'disappeared'

-nowhere on earth will take him because the usa will not allow them to choose their own asylum laws

We are not threatening to bomb them or war, just an oil embargo.

JUST and oil embargo, couldn't that cause as much damage as a war?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Considering the NSA has been conducting it's warrentless spying business since around the time of 9/11 in 2001, these "effects" that you point out have (or rather, should) been in effect for a while now.

They might at least consider warranting you and say that "We're gonna watch you until we finish investigating on some intelligent report saying that you're gonna bomb the USA" or something like that.

ITT: arguing for the sake of it

He asked "How's this relevant to a tech forum?" I've answered him. He asked again. I've answered him, again. As long as his making questions. I'll try, to the best of my knowledge, to answer his curiosity. That's what news are for. It's for informing other people what we know.

Why is this surprising? We are not threatening to bomb them or war, just an oil embargo. Would the Phillipines continue to trade with Malaysia if they offered asylum and had a Filipino fugitive/whistleblower?

Just saying...

You know what an oil embargo would do to a developing country like Venezuela, right? Especially, that their facing against a big country like the USA.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Especially, that their facing against a big country like the USA.

I've not read into this so I shouldn't really say this but once again looks like the US is bullying, I could be wrong but that is what it looks like.

I've not read into this so I shouldn't really say this but once again looks like the US is bullying, I could be wrong but that is what it looks like.

Not that their actually bullying. They're more worried about what intelligent or classified information might Snowden tell to the other countries.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Not that their actually bullying. They're more worried about what intelligent or classified information might Snowden tell to the other countries.

Good point

ITT: arguing for the sake of it

And? This is the internet after all.

I would like to think so.

They might at least consider warranting you and say that "We're gonna watch you until we finish investigating on some intelligent report saying that you're gonna bomb the USA" or something like that.

That kind of defeats the purpose of spying.

He asked "How's this relevant to a tech forum?" I've answered him. He asked again. I've answered him, again. As long as his making questions. I'll try, to the best of my knowledge, to answer his curiosity. That's what news are for. It's for informing other people what we know.

And I thank you. Others would just resort to name calling or just put words in my mouth in an attempt to make their point valid.

You know what an oil embargo would do to a developing country like Venezuela, right? Especially, that their facing against a big country like the USA.

'just an oil embargo'.

Japan didn't approve of one of those iirc

Lets put this whole story to bed with an NRG style summary, so that everyone can stop arguing whether it belongs here. snowden will be dead soon anyway so the story will vanish.

-The governments are spying on us, passing our filthy sexts to our gfs through filters to determine if we are extremest muslims

-mr snowden thought everyone should know this is real and not james bond fantasy

-for telling the people of his country that their government spies on them he is a traitor. He will be sentenced to death or 'disappeared'

-nowhere on earth will take him because the usa will not allow them to choose their own asylum laws

Yeah it could cause as much damage, again "just saying" what should we do? Ask nicely for Snowden? 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Yeah it could cause as much damage, again "just saying" what should we do? Ask nicely for Snowden? 

Possibly but threating to destroy a country (which is what it could potentially do to a developing nation) sure isn't the way to go, 'MURICA'

Also wasn't the US involved in ILLEGAL wire tapping and surveillance or something, I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

Possibly but threating to destroy a country (which is what it could potentially do to a developing nation) sure isn't the way to go, 'MURICA'

Also wasn't the US involved in ILLEGAL wire tapping and surveillance or something, I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

Destroying Venezuela? Do you think if Venezuela was as big as the US and the situation was turned Venezuela would ask nicely? It won't destroy the nation at all. 

I am also sure that Venezuela probably gets most of it's oil from China

You do know Australia is involved in the NSA as well, right?

I do but they aren't threatening to put an oil embargo on Venezuela as far as I know