700W Platinum rated SFX-L PSU!

Aibohphobia
PwrjExr.jpg

SilverStone is flexing its engineering muscle, to woo the compact gaming PC community that the SFX-L form-factor of power supplies have arrived, and ready for multi-GPU. SFX-L is slightly bigger than SFX but significantly smaller than ATX. The company is ready with a 700-Watt PSU in the SFX-L form-factor. Part of the company's new SFX-L G series, the lineup will be lead by the 700W SX700L-G, followed by a 600W model, the SX600L-G. The company pioneered this form-factor with the 500W SX500L-G, earlier this January. The new PSUs will likely have enough juice and straws for gaming PC builds with up to two graphics cards. The two will boast of 80 Plus Platinum efficiency ratings. The company is expected to show them off at Computex 2015, this June.

A higher wattage version of the SX500-LG? Dual Titan-Xs here I come clear.png:D

Noice

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

how much will it be I wonder

Because he had a hard drive.

Very impressive. Matx and itx builds gets more valid every day. Who needs giant boxes, when you can get a small and sexy gaming pc?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

fan speed at mach 5 ?

Just replace the fan with the noise blocker 80mm fan like myself and others have done with the sfx psus

Just replace the fan with the noise blocker 80mm fan like myself and others have done with the sfx psus

This is a SFX-L unit, so it has a slim 120mm fan.

Also, do not attempt to swap the fan on a SX600-G. It uses a 0-6V voltage curve for the fan, so fans that work on the 450W units are not suitable.

Emm ok. I mean at first it seems like an excellent idea but then I got thinking, even if you can power 700 watts on an SFX form factor (or close to it) are we sure you'd want to? It's one thing to power it but it's another one to cool such hardware on so little space. Yes I'm aware that some SFX cases have support for SOME cooling but I dont think you'd wanna pair a 290x and a haswell-e chip overclocked inside a tiny RVZ01 even if you technically have the power supply to do so.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Emm ok. I mean at first it seems like an excellent idea but then I got thinking, even if you can power 700 watts on an SFX form factor (or close to it) are we sure you'd want to? It's one thing to power it but it's another one to cool such hardware on so little space. Yes I'm aware that some SFX cases have support for SOME cooling but I dont think you'd wanna pair a 290x and a haswell-e chip overclocked inside a tiny RVZ01 even if you technically have the power supply to do so.

We just need new cases then:

dIo4zJRl.jpg

We just need new cases then:

dIo4zJRl.jpg

First getting the chicken and then the egg? Could be, but I still think I'd be asking for thermal throttling. I think this is more for extremely dedicated and hard to build water cooling rigs that would cram a ton of things on almost no space but well we'll see.

-------

Current Rig

-------

As soon as I read the title I knew it was going to be Silverstone. I love that they are pushing for smaller form factors.

First getting the chicken and then the egg? Could be, but I still think I'd be asking for thermal throttling. I think this is more for extremely dedicated and hard to build water cooling rigs that would cram a ton of things on almost no space but well we'll see.

Well SilverStone also makes cases so they're in a perfect position to exploit this new PSU.

Damn, you could run two of any gpus you wanted on that. This is going to be awesome for small builds.

Just gotta hope it doesn't cost your firstborn son.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I REALLY hope this comes out this year. Assuming it turns out to be a good product, I'd buy this easily.

Depends. An RVZ01 would be pretty tough since you are pretty limited as far as cpu coolers, but it is a bit of a misconception that small cases can't cool powerful hardware. If you look at many ITX cases these days all the components have access to direct fresh cool air. The GPU, CPU, and PSU. Top down coolers or radiator fans provide plenty of airflow to the motherboard as well. There is no need to rely on multiple fans supporting heatsink fans and even then in a traditional case you are always going to get some hot air recirculating inside the case. You can absolutely cool a 290x and Haswell, or even a 2011 chip in a mini itx case with temperatures that match larger cases. You're right that not every small case is suitable for an application like that however many are. 

Here you can see the thermal testing done on this case, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SANU6ZF73ckIyd7x8_OXqy8hvEDqieL0pVGSTfIM5Ck/edit#gid=1625685511 

As you can see the temps are comparable to what you would find in a large case. That's with a 2011 CPU BTW.

Depends. An RVZ01 would be pretty tough since you are pretty limited as far as cpu coolers, but it is a bit of a misconception that small cases can't cool powerful hardware. If you look at many ITX cases these days all the components have access to direct fresh cool air. The GPU, CPU, and PSU. Top down coolers or radiator fans provide plenty of airflow to the motherboard as well. There is no need to rely on multiple fans supporting heatsink fans and even then in a traditional case you are always going to get some hot air recirculating inside the case. You can absolutely cool a 290x and Haswell, or even a 2011 chip in a mini itx case with temperatures that match larger cases. You're right that not every small case is suitable for an application like that however many are.

Probably best example of this is the DAN A4-SFX:

253b8d.jpg

1saxrz.jpg

The case will work with blowerstyle and openair too. Both will be work perfecly and more efficient than in nearly any other normal case.

The efficient of the case is amazing. With efficient I mean the difference between cooling the components without a case and inside the closed case. There is no other air based cooling case (except benchtables) that I know, that is reaching temperatures that are so close too the temperatures of usage without a case.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041614490&postcount=2068

Nice find dude! I was about to order the 600w but this one is now in my sights. What's the L for? Is it longer? Does anyone know if it will fit in a Asrock M8?

Nice find dude! I was about to order the 600w but this one is now in my sights. What's the L for? Is it longer? Does anyone know if it will fit in a Asrock M8?

It's the SX700-LPT. SX for small form factor, 700 is wattage, L is for Long (it's 130mm long compared to 100mm for normal SFX), and PT for Platinum.

Compare to the SX600-G. 600W, not long, Gold-rated.

If it clears the front IO I think it'll fit in the M8 if you mod the mounting bracket:

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/motherboard.jpg

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7604/ASRock%20M8%20Build%2016%20-%20PSU.png

It's the SX700-LPT. SX for small form factor, 700 is wattage, L is for Long (it's 130mm long compared to 100mm for normal SFX), and PT for Platinum.

Compare to the SX600-G. 600W, not long, Gold-rated.

If it clears the front IO I think it'll fit in the M8 if you mod the mounting bracket:

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/motherboard.jpg

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7604/ASRock%20M8%20Build%2016%20-%20PSU.png

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I don't really need the extra 100w over the 600w but... I mean... why not, right?

Doesn't look that bad at all actually. Blower GPUs as well as CPU both getting fresh air

"Rawr XD"

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I don't really need the extra 100w over the 600w but... I mean... why not, right?

Cause it'll cost more. lol

This is likely for people who will want to run dual-GPU setups like SLI 970/980 or possibly 295/395 X2

"Rawr XD"

Cause it'll cost more. lol

This is likely for people who will want to run dual-GPU setups like SLI 970/980 or possibly 295/395 X2

A big issue for a lot of people with these SFX/SFX-L power supplies have been noise. For many SFF cases the SFX/SFX-L PSU ends up being the noisiest component. I'm interested to see if the higher efficiency in this model will lead to a quieter PSU.

Yes! Finally! I wonder if it can handle a Ares 3 and a i5 haswell.

If not damn I'll need more Watt.

Probably. With a 1090T overclocked to 4Ghz and 2 R9 290s I drew a max of about 550w of power from my psu. I mean, it would probably be close, but you could still accomplish it. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."