Rumor: iPhone 7 to feature 14nm A9 processor and a DSLR-rear like camera

Bouzoo
Now that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have been out for close to a year, it's time to start the rumor mill on the next generation iPhone. We don't know if it will arrive as the iPhone 6S, or the iPhone 7, but from our industry sources, we are expecting the iPhone 7 to arrive later this year.

Now, onto what we will find in the iPhone 7. The next iPhone will reportedly feature an edge-to-edge display, taking up that valuable bezel that made the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus feel far, far too big. As for resolution, I think Apple will keep it at 1080p, and the screen size and physical dimensions of the iPhone 7 will also shrink.

Inside, we should find Apple's new A9 processor, which will be made by their main competitor: Samsung. Samsung will use their new 14nm FinFET technology to make Apple's custom processor, so we should expect a seriously fast dual- or quad-core processor from Apple in the iPhone 7. On the rear, rumor has it Apple will cram in a dual-lens snapper into the iPhone 7 that will provide 'DSLR-like' images. The rear-facing camera in the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge is already damn impressive, so it should be interesting to see what Apple can do.

This is just what it says in the title. A rumor. Nevertheless, a DSLR like camera is a huge claim of it's true. Guess we'll see.

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45062/iphone-7-rumored-feature-14nm-a9-processor-dslr-rear-camera/index.html

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i just hope they make one the size of the 5S so my tiny hands can comfortably upgrade to a new iOS device :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

5.5 inch display with minimal bezels would be sexy.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Yeah yeah.. they gonna make a full-frame, interchangeable lens iPhone ;D

And also have a pentaprism/pentamirror and maybe an OVF.

Suuree.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Didn't they say the camera on the 6 was DSLR standard?

Don't remember but it wouldn't surprise me. Marketing is the key to success

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5.5 inch display with minimal bezels would be sexy.

LG G3 and LG G4 :D

visual1_visual1.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This sounds pretty trustworthy to me - it fits previous rumors.

Sig under construction.

On the link the first thing I see is the touch ID button merged with the screen. Apple will not do this.

In fact I thing the next iPhone whether it be called iPhone 6S(+) and/or iPhone 7(+) will look pretty much the same as the 6(+) and just have internal hardware upgrades. They may make the screen closer to being bezel-less so the phone can be slightly smaller, but I can promise you they will not merge the TouchID sensor into the screen, if that is even possible it would ruin the UI.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I'm debating if I want to get the iPhone 7 or try Android with the s6

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I'm debating if I want to get the iPhone 7 or try Android with the s6

Given the problems of Android Lollypop with memory management, I'd wait on that decision as long as possible.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The DSLR thing gets brought up every year, because rumours are fun.

We might see a 10-14 mp sensor, given the "more mp is best" doesn't actually result in better photos with how sensors work, it's not like Sony won't be able to cook up a custom sensor for them.

but will it bend? 

:lol: 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yeah yeah.. they gonna make a full-frame, interchangeable lens iPhone ;D

They like saying that, for anyone who knows about photography it's just something to ignore... It's a load of bull obviously. In good lighting, maybe... In shit lighting? Good luck...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

how are they going to fit a dslr camera maybe the camera is now going to protrude out 2 inches lol

Has it been almost a year already since iPhone 6 and 6+ came out? Man, time flies by...

Suuree.

Or maybe they would be referring more to mirrorless cameras than DSLRs, and in that case it would be false marketing ([sarcasm] and yeah, let it also have interchangeable lenses on a phone camera... Seems legit [/sarcasm])... But yeah, good luck cramming a sensor even remotely close to 1" into that body without making a noticeable bump, let alone a freaking pentamirror / pentaprism...

They like saying that, for anyone who knows about photography it's just something to ignore... It's a load of bull obviously. In good lighting, maybe... In shit lighting? Good luck...

Indeed. In good lighting basically any camera, even crappiest ones will do well, but as soon as you go indoors, enter image noise...

Modern phone cameras can do well in kinda low-light conditions (if indoors is classified as such. Not talking about nighttime photography), but saying the images are "DSLR-like quality" is just marketing bulls***, and will only fool the dumbest of the bunch.

but will it bend? 

:lol: 

Maybe not quite bending, but blending:

This just had to be posted.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Yeeaah...getting kinda sick of companies/reviews etc saying that a cellphone camera is "dslr-like"...it really isnt close and it won't be for a very long time

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

We might see a 10-14 mp sensor, given the "more mp is best" doesn't actually result in better photos with how sensors work, it's not like Sony won't be able to cook up a custom sensor for them.

More MP does enable you to make more aggressive crops while still keeping a decent resolution, so while it shouldn't be the main selling feature it's not like it's something to sniff at.

More MP does enable you to make more aggressive crops while still keeping a decent resolution, so while it shouldn't be the main selling feature it's not like it's something to sniff at.

Don't get me wrong, high MP is nice. One of my DSLRs is almost 40. The cropping abilities are amazing. But that comes with a full frame sensor to back up that mp count. Phone sensors take a beating when you increase MP without increasing the sensor size. So for any mobile company I hope they follow along and give bigger sensors to accompany those higher mp counts.

Suuree.

You forgot the 51 all cross type af point focusing system, hot-shoe, cf card slot and iso up to 256k 

While that's true, a higher mp count results in smaller pixels -- which is generally bad for low light, not to mention smaller pixels often end up resulting in grainier pictures. So, while you gain more room to crop you also lose something far more important (imo anyway -- I refuse to shoot above iso 800 since I hate grain with a passion).

Don't get me wrong, high MP is nice. One of my DSLRs is almost 40. The cropping abilities are amazing. But that comes with a full frame sensor to back up that mp count. Phone sensors take a beating when you increase MP without increasing the sensor size. So for any mobile company I hope they follow along and give bigger sensors to accompany those higher mp counts.

40mp.....yeah, I'd really love to upgrade my D7k to a D750 as at 16mp I find my cropping abilities to be relatively limited. I need more money.....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Has it been almost a year already since iPhone 6 and 6+ came out? Man, time flies by...

It's been about 7 months, which I wouldn't consider close to a year. The article kinda jumps the gun.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE