Zotac Teases a China exclusive GTX 960 - Now with even more fans! 5 of them!

GoodBytes

Zotac teases a new graphics card targeted at the Chinese market exclusively. This new graphics card is a an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, part of the Gamer Force series from the company. With more fans than what you normally have on a graphics card after market cooler by the manufacture, let alone on a 960.

It features Zotac's large triple-fan cooling solution, a metal back plate, and 2x 60mm fans that can be attached on top of the graphics card.

Here is 1 of 2 60mm fans

30b.jpg

Here is the the triple-fan (90mm) cooling solution

30a.jpg

Zotac advertises that it the card is capable of core clocks of 1,500 MHz (The GeForce GTX 960 has a default core clock of 1,279 MHz)

Zotac unveiled an over-the-top GeForce GTX 960 graphics card for the Greater China region, where mid-range cards are 'overpackaged' to attract price-conscious buyers looking for more pop for their coin. Part of its Gamer Force series, the new GTX 960 Gamer Force TOP-X graphics card combines a large triple-fan cooling solution, with a metal back-plate that holds another two 60 mm spinners. The PCB features a strong VRM, and support Zotac's in-house design OC+ external overclocking module. Under its cooler shroud, holding its three 90 mm spinners, is an aluminium split fin-stack heatsink. The result? The card is reportedly capable of core clocks of 1,500 MHz. The card will be exclusive to the Greater China region (PRC, HK, and probably Taiwan).

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/212369/zotac-teases-an-over-the-top-geforce-gtx-960-graphics-card.html

I could potentially understand, somewhat if this thing was on a GTX 980... ok not really.. the top fans cool what exactly? Anyway. But a 960? Not even a 970?

:facepalm:

Am I crazy? Am I missing something here?

All I see, is that this graphics card would put the GeForce FX 5800 sound level to shame. So noisy, that even Nvidia own engineers laugh at. And this is real. It used to be hosted on Nvidia website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVjZqC1AE4

Why 5 fans on a 960? Pretty sure the damn thing could run without a cooler at all :P

Great noob identification hardware. Useless, pointless, noisy and dumb.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

how does a 960 need backplate fans?!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Hahahahaha

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

OMG moar fans!

This is downright hilarious on a 960...

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Nope. Not a fan of this. Just doesn't seen like a cool idea, hope it blows over quickly

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

While I don't support this on a 960, I'm all for over the edge solutions on higher end cards

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

the back fans are just cooling the vram so i dont think it will be that loud

Back when I had my gtx260, I hot glued a 40mm fan exhausting air off the back of the core, and actually saw a few celcius drop in core temps.

Don't think I'd buy a card like that nowadays though :P

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Nope. Not a fan of this. Just doesn't seen like a cool idea, hope it blows over quickly

I'm not a FAN of it either.

hue

I feel ya.  I think it's dead in the air.  I just don't like the spin Zotac's taking on the 960.  Even talking about it is becoming exhausting...

Chinese has different taste compares to the rest of the world. Let the Chinese buy these cards, who cares.

Do they think they can get temperatures below ambient?

Chinese has different taste compares to the rest of the world. Let the Chinese buy these cards, who cares.

^^This

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Do they think they can get temperatures below ambient?

No. It is impossible without using liquid nitrogen or liquid helium.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's China, where quantity > quality. 

/s

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Or a fase change cooler. Or just air from outside your house. It's doable as long as you can take enough energy out. Ofc that won't be possible with this stupid card...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Or dry ice or phase change or peltier or any number of cheaper methods.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

plebs 

HE2goPB.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Somewhat disappointed. I was kinda hoping for something like this:

That some high quality Photoshop there . Kudos to you ...

Also ... The amount of fan joks in here is Over 9000 RPM ... 

I'm not a fan of this ...

Oh crap ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...