[Will be updating] How To & Why: QuickSync and Open Broadcaster Software [Picture heavy]

Didja press "Detect?"

Yup, that's how the other display pops up next to it. But it doesn't show HD4600. Do I actually need a another monitor plugged in?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yup, that's how the other display pops up next to it. But it doesn't show HD4600. Do I actually need a another monitor plugged in?

I'm pretty sure you do. Hasn't worked for me any other way.

I'm pretty sure you do. Hasn't worked for me any other way.

Ah man that sucks. Alright I'll test it out when I reboot my computer. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hey @AlwaysFSX I did this a while back, and never regretted it since. thanks for posting this.

For the longest time I was thinking of getting an nvidia GPU for shadowplay, but this makes me not care what I get, it just works and it works really well. Couldn't ask for anything better.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Ah man that sucks. Alright I'll test it out when I reboot my computer. :)

Any luck?

Hey @AlwaysFSX I did this a while back, and never regretted it since. thanks for posting this.

For the longest time I was thinking of getting an nvidia GPU for shadowplay, but this makes me not care what I get, it just works and it works really well. Couldn't ask for anything better.

No problem! :)

I love OBS because of how versatile it is, you can do so much more than with just ShadowPlay.

Any luck?

Yes!

I didn't have to plug in another monitor. I went into BIOS and RE-enabled iGDP (something like that) Multi Support again as putting a graphics card in disabled it, rebooted, opened screen resolution, selected detect, clicked 2nd monitor, selected HD4600, selected in the first drop down box "Connect to VGA anyways", applied and then clicked the second screen again and then made it "extend the display". Now I have Quick Sync back! :D

vtpyXQ1.png

I'm gonna test the quality of the picture now! I hope it is good. :)

Yes!

I didn't have to plug in another monitor. I went into BIOS and RE-enabled iGDP (something like that) Multi Support again as putting a graphics card in disabled it, rebooted, opened screen resolution, selected detect, clicked 2nd monitor, selected HD4600, selected in the first drop down box "Connect to VGA anyways", applied and then clicked the second screen again and then made it "extend the display". Now I have Quick Sync back! :D

-snips-

I'm gonna test the quality of the picture now! I hope it is good. :)

Awesome! Let me know how the quality turns out. :)

Awesome! Let me know how the quality turns out. :)

Well...it is back to being all black, so the quality is poor. xD

I tried verifying cache again, but it did nothing. I alt-tabbed out during recording and the preview screen is black but the audio works.

EDIT

It appears to be recording the second screen.

Well...it is back to being all black, so the quality is poor. xD

I tried verifying cache again, but it did nothing. I alt-tabbed out during recording and the preview screen is black but the audio works.

EDIT

It appears to be recording the second screen.

Want to do the spiel of posting all your settings again? xD

Want to do the spiel of posting all your settings again? xD

Sure!

settingsbhurc.gif

Okay that's going too fast for me to see. :(

I don't know why that stupid site makes it go so fast. :(

(takes a bit to upload)

Here:

settingsw5szk.gif

I don't know why that stupid site makes it go so fast. :(

(takes a bit to upload)

Here:

Change your video adapter to your graphics card.

Change your video adapter to your graphics card.

Oh my....I thought that had to be HD4600 as well in order to record using Quick Sync.

Switching to it claims it can't find Quick Sync Hardware support.

Oh my....I thought that had to be HD4600 as well in order to record using Quick Sync.

Switching to it claims it can't find Quick Sync Hardware support.

Which would mean that it can't detect the monitor I think. Let me go test that real quick.

---

Yup, unplugging the VGA cable gives me the same error.

Which would mean that it can't detect the monitor I think. Let me go test that real quick.

---

Yup, unplugging the VGA cable gives me the same error.

Okay, well since the time of the post I decided to just go ahead despite the error. It seems to record (though it is choppy and slow). However, it is oddly taxing on my computer having multi monitor support enabled. :(

Okay, well since the time of the post I decided to just go ahead despite the error. It seems to record (though it is choppy and slow). However, it is oddly taxing on my computer having multi monitor support enabled. :(

Why do you get more problems than I do?!

Why do you get more problems than I do?!

I don't know. I always have bad luck on Windows, like my internet always shutting off every twenty minutes. :(

I took another recording. Playing in VLC it looks like it is buffering the video or something, as the progress bar is yellow and it restarts the video.

I don't know. I always have bad luck on Windows, like my internet always shutting off every twenty minutes. :(

I took another recording. Playing in VLC it looks like it is buffering the video or something, as the progress bar is yellow and it restarts the video.

Did you plug in the cable for the monitor?

Did you plug in the cable for the monitor?

Yes, I just tried recording with another monitor plugged in for HD4600. No more error. However, I have to play on that screen for it to record the game. Also...don't really have room for another monitor on my desk. So I guess I'm stuck with Dxtory, FRAPS or something. :(

Yes, I just tried recording with another monitor plugged in for HD4600. No more error. However, I have to play on that screen for it to record the game. Also...don't really have room for another monitor on my desk. So I guess I'm stuck with Dxtory, FRAPS or something. :(

You shouldn't have to?

You shouldn't have to?

If I record, it just records my desktop on my main monitor but records the sound of the other monitor. I'll get a gif up of what happens to the recording...give me a moment. :)

If I record, it just records my desktop on my main monitor but records the sound of the other monitor. I'll get a gif up of what happens to the recording...give me a moment. :)

Pictures of settings too please? I know it's a lot but I managed to get it working before. :D

Pictures of settings too please? I know it's a lot but I managed to get it working before. :D

Okay, can't get the gif. VLC won't even open the recording file now, states it is empty. :(

Sure!

CZnM5Wv.png

cmujaiR.png

OmzhJdg.png

pGb0Vi5.png

cPFqMnR.png

WZxAOH4.png

Well...I can get it working by adding a new Scene and using "monitor capture" instead and tell it to record Monitor 1. The quality is shatko though and it records the entire desktop/window, not just  an application/exe.

Okay, can't get the gif. VLC won't even open the recording file now, states it is empty. :(

Sure!

CZnM5Wv.png

cmujaiR.png

OmzhJdg.png

pGb0Vi5.png

cPFqMnR.png

WZxAOH4.png

Well...I can get it working by adding a new Scene and using "monitor capture" instead and tell it to record Monitor 1. The quality is shatko though and it records the entire desktop/window, not just  an application/exe.

Hmm, are you saving to mp4?