people says extreme CPUs is waste?

okay.. so 3930k and 4930k will have same price or 4930k gonna have higher price?

You can never win against the technology race. As much as you would love to get the next gen best CPU/gpu another next gen stuff will be lurking in the shadows which will outperform the current best. So get something that will get the job done when you need it instead of waiting and getting something that might be the best of the best, but come of no use at that time, which usually happens to gaming PCs as we grow up. (if you have something, use it :) )

buying a 3930k FOR GAMING is like getting a bugatti veyron for doing daily driving (getting groceries dropping the kids off whatever daily drivers do ). It is total overkill and it will use more energy however it looks nice and you can use it to show off. now getting a nice beamer (bmw whichever one idk bout dem much) for daily driving will perform just as good as a veyron however you would save on cost.

However since you have lots of money i guess you can go for the extreme cpu...     

yep i am lucky... to have money. well i was working hard for this in 3 years. i decided to buy a new computer 3 years ago when i bought my curently computer..

it sounds wierd but when i buy a new computer i start to get money for the future one...

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

You can never win against the technology race. As much as you would love to get the next gen best CPU/gpu another next gen stuff will be lurking in the shadows which will outperform the current best. So get something that will get the job done when you need it instead of waiting and getting something that might be the best of the best, but come of no use at that time, which usually happens to gaming PCs as we grow up. (if you have something, use it :) )

well i will wait for 4930k before i buy something. i mean if i buy 3930k right now then mabye 4930k will cost same as 3930k and i will feel angry thta i didnt bought the 4930k. i dont want to do mistake..

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

well if i wait untill the 4930k i can work up to more money ove rmy budget mabye buy better stuff..

buying a 3930k FOR GAMING is like getting a bugatti veyron for doing daily driving (getting groceries dropping the kids off whatever daily drivers do ). It is total overkill and it will use more energy however it looks nice and you can use it to show off. now getting a nice beamer (bmw whichever one idk bout dem much) for daily driving will perform just as good as a veyron however you would save on cost.

However since you have lots of money i guess you can go for the extreme cpu...     

this just sounds like more of a reason to get a 3930k...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

that why i gonna buy 3930k the reasons he said:

1. its overkill i will never use it 100%

2. its cool to tell my friend that they have a shit CPU against mine.

3. i am not a serius editor i will use a editing CPU just for light games like minecraft.

4. i like high power prices..

5. i am jerk who wants the currently best:D

Who have here any x CPU`?

well i will wait for 4930k before i buy something. i mean if i buy 3930k right now then mabye 4930k will cost same as 3930k and i will feel angry thta i didnt bought the 4930k. i dont want to do mistake..

Dude, as time goes by, the processor die size shrinks with each generation. This means that the processors are cheaper to make. Therefore, even though you might get the 4930k, the 5930k is going to be cheaper or similarly priced (as per general trend) and offer better performance. Thus, you can never win against the technology race.

Edit: and its never a mistake to buy the stuff when you need it.

well i still wait for it reason: i have time to wait

Yeah, but I guess they are speculating that next gen consoles with 8 core CPUs will change that. If games will be optimized for 8 cores they won't run so well on a 4-core CPU. I wonder how they think that 6-core would be enough though...

you don`t get it ? if we will see a boost on them games,ports and stuff,you will see it on quad cores as well.doesn`t matter how many cores.for 5 damn years i heard that games will use more cores,its futureproofed. futureproofed my as*. you can literaly get the ''OMG 8 CORE'' bulldozer fx 8150 and throw it on the window like..now.when that will happen our cpu`s will be outdated. and that very weak and cheap 8 core cpu that is found in the next gen consoles won`t be fully utilized in games only.maybe one fore the voice chat and donno what else,one core for the os...etc.who knows.if you buy today an intel xtreme edition just to be future proof for games than all i can say is...my next gen i5 WILL be better.thats how these things rolls

you don`t get it ? if we will see a boost on them games,ports and stuff,you will see it on quad cores as well.doesn`t matter how many cores.for 5 damn years i heard that games will use more cores,its futureproofed. futureproofed my as*. you can literaly get the ''OMG 8 CORE'' bulldozer fx 8150 and throw it on the window like..now.when that will happen our cpu`s will be outdated. and that very weak and cheap 8 core cpu that is found in the next gen consoles won`t be fully utilized in games only.maybe one fore the voice chat and donno what else,one core for the os...etc.who knows.if you buy today an intel xtreme edition just to be future proof for games than all i can say is...my next gen i5 WILL be better.thats how these things rolls

I know, I think the same way as you :) I just tried to explain why those other two think that intel xtreme edition would be better.

well i had my 2600 in 3 years now.. and its still not slow. i will give this cpu to my brother later..

I'm still rocking a 2600k and still loving it.  I've had mine about 2 years at 4.2ghz.  It rocks the clocks right out of the box!  I'd stick with that and be happy.  Save your money for when a cpu upgrade is really necessary.  But hey just my $0.02.

Laws only govern the honest.

If you are just looking for a strong build you should go for a i7. For gaming it all depends on how much speed you can squeeze out from the CPU, so a "K" series would be reasonable. I am building a rig for gaming/editing, which has a i7 4770k. For me it was the best option and choice. just for gaming i5 is more than sufficient.

Cpu: Intel core i7 4770k@4.1GHz CPU Cooler: CM 120v GPU: ASUS AMD RADEON R9 290 case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Corsair HX750 motherboard: Asus Maximus VI HERO ssd: Corsair Neutron 250GB/Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD caviar Green 3TB Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2100MHz 16GB Mouse: Logitech G700s keyboard: Logitech G710+ Monitor: Asus ProArt pa238q Speakers: Mackie HR624

well my budget is 2100 euro) about 3000 dollars)

and this system:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV FORMULA

CPU: intel core i7 3930 k

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB

Power supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB

CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

costs around 1960 euro:

in swedish money( i live in sweden) 19200 SEK

and my budget in swedish is: 20000

I would keep the system as it is becouse of the pci-e bandwith of that cpu(if you plan going sli) but if not just go 4770k. or if you want you can still use a 4770k and buy a better motherboard with more pci-e slots and save a little. why I talk about bandwith is that if you buy such a expensive pc you have to get a sound card.

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

well i had my 2600 in 3 years now.. and its still not slow. i will give this cpu to my brother later..

How have you had had that CPU for 3 years when the earliest possible time to get it was January 2011 and it is 2013?

Honestly i planned to do the same CPU for my build, but then i figured even tho 2011 is "better" for the most part, Haswell is a much smarter way to go. You will save a ton of money and believe me a 2500k will be able to run games for the next 4 years. Sandy Bridge and higher are hardly that different in performance, maybe 20% going from sandy to haswell, and you will see almost no difference between 1150 sockets and 2011 sockets for gaming. Unless you are going for a 4 way SLI setup, 2011 make 0 sense for gaming

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

I would keep the system as it is becouse of the pci-e bandwith of that cpu(if you plan going sli) but if not just go 4770k. or if you want you can still use a 4770k and buy a better motherboard with more pci-e slots and save a little. why I talk about bandwith is that if you buy such a expensive pc you have to get a sound card.

i will sli 780 later. i dont need soundcard. i think the mobos fot that price shoud have good sound..

I'm still rocking a 2600k and still loving it.  I've had mine about 2 years at 4.2ghz.  It rocks the clocks right out of the box!  I'd stick with that and be happy.  Save your money for when a cpu upgrade is really necessary.  But hey just my $0.02.

i told you " this cpu= brother....  he need it. he have a i3 dual core..

Honestly i planned to do the same CPU for my build, but then i figured even tho 2011 is "better" for the most part, Haswell is a much smarter way to go. You will save a ton of money and believe me a 2500k will be able to run games for the next 4 years. Sandy Bridge and higher are hardly that different in performance, maybe 20% going from sandy to haswell, and you will see almost no difference between 1150 sockets and 2011 sockets for gaming. Unless you are going for a 4 way SLI setup, 2011 make 0 sense for gaming

well its not much price differnce between my 2 2011 and 1150 socket setup. becuze 1150 have a expensive mobo and 2011 have a expensive CPU.... so the price difference is 50 bucks..

AMD fx8350 have 8 weaker cores then intels 4770k which ahve 4 strong cores..

This question has been asked more times than I care to remember. Read more, ask questions less.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

This question has been asked more times than I care to remember. Read more, ask questions less.

this same post like last week.:D

well its not much price differnce between my 2 2011 and 1150 socket setup. becuze 1150 have a expensive mobo and 2011 have a expensive CPU.... so the price difference is 50 bucks..

the 1150 mobos are cheap dude? since voltage control is done on the cpu itself you could buy a 80 dollar board if you like and it wouldnt matter. The cheapest Z87 chipset is 110$ and its nice, idk where your buying from, 2011 boards are more if you want one that doesnt suck. Also when it comes to bragging rights, 2011 is not really that cool to be honest, its a 2 year old chip that only keeps up, not surpass, with 300 dollar cpus for gaming, just saying.

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

the 1150 mobos are cheap dude? since voltage control is done on the cpu itself you could buy a 80 dollar board if you like and it wouldnt matter. The cheapest Z87 chipset is 110$ and its nice, idk where your buying from, 2011 boards are more if you want one that doesnt suck. Also when it comes to bragging rights, 2011 is not really that cool to be honest, its a 2 year old chip that only keeps up, not surpass, with 300 dollar cpus for gaming, just saying.

hmm but that chipset is still one of the best... becuze the new ivy bridge cpus is gonna be released to that..

hmm but that chipset is still one of the best... becuze the new ivy bridge cpus is gonna be released to that..

But we saw TomsHardware get one of the new chips and it gives the same benefit that we saw with normal sandy bridge to Ivy, hardly anything, it evened out to be the same thing since you were limited pretty hard in overclocking on Ivy, it was really only good for power consumption but seeing as you wanna go 2011 thats not a problem. Also the "Best board" for haswell is the one that runs, good luck finding a bad 1150 board. My plan was to run two Titans with a 3930K originally, I thought it would be like the most bad ass thing ever, truly for gaming 2011 is just dumb and gives you almost nothing. Grab a 4770k and put that money at like another SSD or something, something you will actually get something out of.