people says extreme CPUs is waste?

No one really knows anything about Broadwell, there is no news on Skylake's socket as far as I'm aware. There will be a desktop CPU and it it expected to still using LGA(will be removable and not soldered onto the board)

okay but broadwell-D wont be a six core cpu?

it will be 4 core?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

okay but broadwell-D wont be a six core cpu?

it will be 4 core?

Probably. Like I said, no one really knows. Haswell is still new. I doubt it because they are shrinking the die

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Probably. Like I said, no one really knows. Haswell is still new. I doubt it because they are shrinking the die

what do u mean with shrinking the die?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

what do u mean with shrinking the die?

Its rather complicated but to put in layman's terms: a die shrink is making the transistors on a CPU smaller so you can fit more of them in a certain amount of space. For example: Sandy Bridge was made using the 32 nanometer process while Ivy/Haswell was made using 22nm processes.

That being said, after reading this entire thread, I'd like to comment a few things:

• You don't need an upgrade now, your current cpu is not a bottleneck.
  • If you do plan on upgrading, unless you really do extensive editing and 3d modeling and what not, go with a Haswell i5 or i7. For gaming and regular editing, i5 will work just fine as most video editors nowadays leverage the cuda cores nVidia gpu or use openCL in AMD gpu's. But if you do gaming and some hefty editing, an i7 will work just fine. Get rid of that overpriced p.o.s. Gigabyte motherboard and get something by asus or someone else for a third of the price that will do everything you'll ever need it to do. And if you're thinking about doing SLI/Crossfire, the simple answer is just don't. To this day most games still don't support either properly and you still have micro stuttering and latency issues.
  • Finally, seriously listen to Samdb of the Intel Response team. He knows what hes doing more pretty much everyone else here no matter what they'd like to believe.

Build 1: CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz, GPU: GTX 660 Ti, Mobo: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, RAM: 8GB Samsung "wonder ram" @ 2133 Storage: SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Build 2: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz GPU: GTX 780, Mobo: Asus z87-Pro RAM: Same as build 1. Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

NAS: FreeNAS running on core 2 Quad Q8400, 8GB RAM, 6 x Seagate 2TB. Dont bother with SanDisk SSD's, just don't.

Its rather complicated but to put in layman's terms: a die shrink is making the transistors on a CPU smaller so you can fit more of them in a certain amount of space. For example: Sandy Bridge was made using the 32 nanometer process while Ivy/Haswell was made using 22nm processes.

That being said, after reading this entire thread, I'd like to comment a few things:

• You don't need an upgrade now, your current cpu is not a bottleneck.
  • If you do plan on upgrading, unless you really do extensive editing and 3d modeling and what not, go with a Haswell i5 or i7. For gaming and regular editing, i5 will work just fine as most video editors nowadays leverage the cuda cores nVidia gpu or use openCL in AMD gpu's. But if you do gaming and some hefty editing, an i7 will work just fine. Get rid of that overpriced p.o.s. Gigabyte motherboard and get something by asus or someone else for a third of the price that will do everything you'll ever need it to do. And if you're thinking about doing SLI/Crossfire, the simple answer is just don't. To this day most games still don't support either properly and you still have micro stuttering and latency issues.
  • Finally, seriously listen to Samdb of the Intel Response team. He knows what hes doing more pretty much everyone else here no matter what they'd like to believe.

okay!

why do you dont recommend SLI?

i would later SLI 780 or if 9970 is cheaper sli that up to 3 way sli

I've been reading through all 11 pages and it seems you don't want any help. To summarise, 3930k is a complete waste for gaming use, you will see no benefit. If a motherboard is z87 then spending more on it won't give any performance benefits only stuff like sound and more ports, at the end of the day they all do the same job and there is no real reason to spend tonnes on the motherboard. SLI and Crossfire are not recommended because of support and driver issues, you'll be better off buying one high powered card. Also if you plan on upgrading later don't get another card to SLI, get the latest gen card. Linus said it perfectly, "When you buy a new card do you keep your old one and run the second one along side it? No, same goes for GPUS"

Look if you want to spend money on no benefit then go for it, but everyone on this thread is giving you valid suggestions but you just disagree with everyone. 

hi. do you recommend gtx 690??

hi. do you recommend gtx 690??

Why don't you read through all the 11 pages and you'll find the answer.

In combination with the 3970x two 690 would be (a) great (way of wasting money).

i mean 4770k and a 690?? do you recommend it

i mean 4770k and a 690?? do you recommend it

no, I'd recommend a single GTX Titan or a GTX 780. But this also depends on what monitors you want to use.

edit: Before buying a 690 I would put my money in 2x 770s

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

no, I'd recommend a single GTX Titan or a GTX 780. But this also depends on what monitors you want to use.

edit: Before buying a 690 I would put my money in 2x 770s

well i want to waste most money on the best GPU inside my budget:D

like 690.

i gonna wait untill 9970 which will beat 780 and mabye if they are in good prices i will sli them

well i want to waste most money on the best GPU inside my budget:D

like 690.

i gonna wait untill 9970 which will beat 780 and mabye if they are in good prices i will sli them

Good luck putting a SLI bridge on those 9970ies ;)

You want to waste money but then state if the 9970 is a good price? First of all no one knows. Secondly I'm probably not the only one thinking this but the whole point of these forums is for people to get advice. I feel like you are just being a troll and taking the mick. If you want to spend all your money go for it, but don't ask for advice on a forum on how to WASTE money. People spend money on computers because they need them. For example Macs are expensive but people use them for the software not just because they can waste money. Likewise with GPUs, no point in getting a powerful GPU if you are going to play minecraft on a single 1080p monitor.

I really don't understand how this thread has been going for so long.

You want to waste money but then state if the 9970 is a good price? First of all no one knows. Secondly I'm probably not the only one thinking this but the whole point of these forums is for people to get advice. I feel like you are just being a troll and taking the mick. If you want to spend all your money go for it, but don't ask for advice on a forum on how to WASTE money. People spend money on computers because they need them. For example Macs are expensive but people use them for the software not just because they can waste money. Likewise with GPUs, no point in getting a powerful GPU if you are going to play minecraft on a single 1080p monitor.

I really don't understand how this thread has been going for so long.

i am playing on a single fkn monitor but still want  a powerfull CPU to have all new game sin max settings and 60+ fps..

Good luck putting a SLI bridge on those 9970ies ;)

i mean crossfire but sli easier to say:D

i am playing on a single fkn monitor but still want  a powerfull CPU to have all new game sin max settings and 60+ fps..

If it is a 4k Monitor you should probably buy 4x GTX Titans and put them in 4-way SLI. A X79 Platform is recommended for those SLI configurations ;)

60 fps on max settings is not guaranteed tough ...

If it is a 4k Monitor you should probably buy 4x GTX Titans and put them in 4-way SLI. A X79 Platform is recommended for those SLI configurations ;)

60 fps on max settings is not guaranteed tough ...

X79 NOT Needed for sli(cf i think..

i asked forums ones if 4770k can handle 4 780 on 100% and everybody told Yes

i am playing on a single fkn monitor but still want a powerfull CPU to have all new game sin max settings and 60+ fps..

Are you serious ? Your questions have been answered like 10 times by now. Please, for crying out loud, READ THE PREVIOUS PAGES AND STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I am not trying to be mean, but there's enough information already posted by people here to make at least 5 different beast gaming PCs (which are well worth it).

X79 NOT Needed for sli(cf i think..

i asked forums ones if 4770k can handle 4 780 on 100% and everybody told Yes

X79 has 40 PCIe lanes, so it is better suited to 3+ way SLI than 1150 or 1155.

A 4770k can handle 4 way SLI, but the cards will only be at x4, which will be a bottleneck, even if you have a board like the G1 sniper 5, with a PLX chip.

A 4770k can handle 4 way SLI, but the cards will only be at x4, which will be a bottleneck, even if you have a board like the G1 sniper 5, with a PLX chip.

hmm i asked this guy: Beebaskdoo

, he said that 4770k can handle 4 way sli just fine..

BTW if you say 4770k cant handle 4 way sli good why would they even make 4 way sli/CF z87 boards?.

BTW if you say 4770k cant handle 4 way sli good why would they even make 4 way sli/CF z87 boards?.

Because it's simply possible. Not because it works well

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

but i think i wont buy more then 2 780s in my build.

But it heppend ones that one computer shop have been bankrupted and they wanted to sell all computer stuff becuze they would throw it in the the trashbag.

well i missed that week when they had that and they had like all GPUs at 75% off.

well if i buy a 3-4 way sli board then i am ready.

well not sure if it gonna heppend again..

Because it's simply possible. Not because it works well

i need to ask the manufacturers:D