people says extreme CPUs is waste?

Spoilers aren't working.

ok nvm

But if the new games in the future WILL use 6 cores and i am trying to play it on a 4 core cpu wont the game work or what?

will the game lagg, or will i lose fps?

i cant play on highest grapichs or what gonna heppend?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

ok nvm

But if the new games in the future WILL use 6 cores and i am trying to play it on a 4 core cpu wont the game work or what?

I have no idea. No way to know.

You will likely just notice a slight FPS drop, but not much else.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have no idea. No way to know.

You will likely just notice a slight FPS drop, but not much else.

This is why I think he should get a 4770K. It's 8 threaded so it's quite "futureproof" (compared to 4670K) when considering future games but half the price of 3930K so he could easily upgrade when games require more power/cores from CPU.

This is why I think he should get a 4770K. It's 8 threaded so it's quite "futureproof" (compared to 4670K) when considering future games but half the price of 3930K so he could easily upgrade when games require more power/cores from CPU.

will see.

well the only reason i am thinking about 4770k is becuze its newer and it have the most good looking mobo for me: g1 sniper 5

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Hint: It's not "8 threads".

It's 4 threads with Hyper Threading. Effectively, that isn't 8 threads. It's more like 4 threads with a boost. 

For gaming, that's 4 threads. Period.

For video rendering and other applications like it, that's somewhere between 5-8 threads depending on optimizations.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Oh, and if you still decide to go with 3930K then check out Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 motherboard. It has green colour scheme like the G1.Sniper 5 but it's a 2011 socket motherboard. ;) Costs a bit more than Asus Rampage IV Formula but not much.

EDIT: Hmm, actually it doesn't look as good as G1.Sniper 5 at all... But it's green.

Hint: It's not "8 threads".

It's 4 threads with Hyper Threading. Effectively, that isn't 8 threads. It's more like 4 threads with a boost. 

For gaming, that's 4 threads. Period.

For video rendering and other applications like it, that's somewhere between 5-8 threads depending on optimizations.

Aah, ok. I don't know much about this stuff.

ok nvm

not even a sandy bridge i5 is not stressed in games man. you are fine with an haswell i5.

Oh, and if you still decide to go with 3930K then check out Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 motherboard. It has green colour scheme like the G1.Sniper 5 but it's a 2011 socket motherboard. ;) Costs a bit more than Asus Rampage IV Formula but not much.

EDIT: Hmm, actually it doesn't look as good as G1.Sniper 5 at all... But it's green.

that why i didnt choose it.. the placing of PCIe slots looks not good.

that why i didnt choose it.. the placing of PCIe slots looks not good.

that mobos sta placing looks like 1990 style... hooah...

not even a sandy bridge i5 is not stressed in games man. you are fine with an haswell i5.

Yeah, but I guess they are speculating that next gen consoles with 8 core CPUs will change that. If games will be optimized for 8 cores they won't run so well on a 4-core CPU. I wonder how they think that 6-core would be enough though...

You could of course get a mainly black mobo and paint the heatsinks. I'm planning of getting MSI Z87 Mpower and painting the yellow parts of heatsinks to copper colour. But that requires some work, so it isn't the ideal solution...

well look at this:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB

Power supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB

CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

1856 euro

in swedish money: 18568 SEK

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE IV FORMULA

CPU: intel core i7 3930 k

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB

Power supply: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB

CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

1894 euro:

in swedish money: 18944 SEK

it is not much differnce between the 2 systems! just like 400 SEK

I'd go with a better SSD.  I had one of those in my work machine for about 3 days.  When it did work, it was pretty slow (for and SSD).  It booted up much quicker than my HDD, but everything else it did maybe 2x-3x faster than an HDD...

I know this thread is mostly about the cpu, but you seam to want a high end machine.  This SSD would be a bottle neck with either of those CPU's

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I'd go with a better SSD.  I had one of those in my work machine for about 3 days.  When it did work, it was pretty slow (for and SSD).  It booted up much quicker than my HDD, but everything else it did maybe 2x-3x faster than an HDD...

I know this thread is mostly about the cpu, but you seam to want a high end machine.  This SSD would be a bottle neck with either of those CPU's

well i changed SSD now to 60 GB ssd becuze i only gonna have my windows 7 on it... i cant get lower ssd what i wanted like 30 gb would be enough but they costs more becuze they dont make them anymore...

Why 4770K?  The i5-4670K and i7-4770K perform equally in games.

Not games that use moar threads i.e. BF3 etc.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Not games that use moar threads i.e. BF3 etc.

how many cores will BF4 eat?

well anybody know what mounth of this year 4930k come?

and how much faster then the 3930k it will be?

how many cores will BF4 eat?

BF3 eats 6 cores so we can expect BF4 to use eight to be honest but we never know.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

well anybody know what mounth of this year 4930k come?

and how much faster then the 3930k it will be?

The 4960x that they benchmarked was 7% faster in single threaded and 6% faster in multi-threaded so you can expect similar results between the 4930k and the 3930k, not much.

The 4960x that they benchmarked was 7% faster in single threaded and 6% faster in multi-threaded so you can expect similar results between the 4930k and the 3930k, not much.

okay.. so 3930k and 4930k will have same price or 4930k gonna have higher price?

okay.. so 3930k and 4930k will have same price or 4930k gonna have higher price?

The 4930k will probably be at the same price the 3930k was at release, so it'll be at a higher price.

The 4930k will probably be at the same price the 3930k was at release, so it'll be at a higher price.

what did 3930k cost at the start?

what did 3930k cost at the start?

$560

$560

well not that much... 4930k wont costs many bucks mroe from 3930k becuze it will be like 5% faster...

buying a 3930k FOR GAMING is like getting a bugatti veyron for doing daily driving (getting groceries dropping the kids off whatever daily drivers do ). It is total overkill and it will use more energy however it looks nice and you can use it to show off. now getting a nice beamer (bmw whichever one idk bout dem much) for daily driving will perform just as good as a veyron however you would save on cost.

However since you have lots of money i guess you can go for the extreme cpu...     

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))