people says extreme CPUs is waste?

But we saw TomsHardware get one of the new chips and it gives the same benefit that we saw with normal sandy bridge to Ivy, hardly anything, it evened out to be the same thing since you were limited pretty hard in overclocking on Ivy, it was really only good for power consumption but seeing as you wanna go 2011 thats not a problem. Also the "Best board" for haswell is the one that runs, good luck finding a bad 1150 board. My plan was to run two Titans with a 3930K originally, I thought it would be like the most bad ass thing ever, truly for gaming 2011 is just dumb and gives you almost nothing. Grab a 4770k and put that money at like another SSD or something, something you will actually get something out of.

okay.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

okay.

:p

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

:P

i still gonna think about that 4770k i know its new... but...

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

i still gonna think about that 4770k i know its new... but...

Still a damn fine CPU and err, not really sure how to finish this sentence so yeaaaa lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

but i am.... idiot. and want the overkill;:D

but i am.... idiot. and want the overkill; :D

Stick with the Core i7-4770K mate hell f**k it the Core i5-4670K is also a bloody good chip and is cheaper.

I love overkill (overkill is underrated) but I'd stick with the regular CPU's, now if you have enough money for Sandy Bridge-E/Ivy Bridge-E then do you know what go for it but you should listen to the people taking part in this convo :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Stick with the Core i7-4770K mate hell f**k it the Core i5-4670K is also a bloody good chip and is cheaper.

I love overkill (overkill is underrated) but I'd stick with the regular CPU's, now if you have enough money for Sandy Bridge-E/Ivy Bridge-E then do you know what go for it but you should listen to the people taking part in this convo :P

hmm. i am confused.

hmm. i am confused.

Err I can kind of relate :P but if you go for a Core i7-3930K/4930K or the Haswell CPU's, you certainly will be happy with them

Err I can kind of relate :P but if you go for a Core i7-3930K/4930K or the Haswell CPU's, you certainly will be happy with them

i never in my life wasted money on a thing i dont need.

that why i gonna waste for first time-.-

i never in my life wasted money on a thing i dont need.

that why i gonna waste for first time-.-

Cool well good luck and take some pics :)

i gonna hold the cpu in my hand and a empty wallet

If your gunna game all you need is 4 Cores (4770K or 3770K) if your gunna edit look into the higher end CPUs 

the 1150 mobos are cheap dude? since voltage control is done on the cpu itself you could buy a 80 dollar board if you like and it wouldnt matter. The cheapest Z87 chipset is 110$ and its nice, idk where your buying from, 2011 boards are more if you want one that doesnt suck. Also when it comes to bragging rights, 2011 is not really that cool to be honest, its a 2 year old chip that only keeps up, not surpass, with 300 dollar cpus for gaming, just saying.

yhe prices depends alot on the area and size of the company. for example my motherboard in finland 160€ and in sweden about 110€ 

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

If your gunna game all you need is 4 Cores (4770K or 3770K) if your gunna edit look into the higher end CPUs 

Why do you mention i7s when talking about 4 cores, why not i5s? They're just as competent at gaming, and a lot cheaper and a bit cooler.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I'd guess that at least half of all the people who purchase extreme edition CPUs or top of the line OC motherboards are not making use of the extra cores or any of the extra features they are paying for = wasting money for bragging rights.

Like I said good sir, sandy bridge-e is just not a purely gaming oriented chip, id be shocked if we ever need the features it has for gaming. Overkill is awesome, hense the reason im going two titans, well i need the 6 gbs of vram so kinda overkill, but honestly, you will get a 4770k and need an upgrade in like 7 years maybe longer depending on how games will be. Its funny also that the 4770k can beat out the Sandy Bridge-E in some scores, so if anything the 4770k is overkill.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/552?vs=836

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

Remeber! i build system with same hardware without GPU for 5 years.

I need a really high end CPU to be strong at 5 years.

Remeber! i build system with same hardware without GPU for 5 years.

I need a really high end CPU to be strong at 5 years.

A 4770K will definitely last you 5 years gaming

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

I give up on this guy ---> ViruZ_HUN

I give up on this guy ---> ViruZ_HUN

OP, just do what you want because you obviously aren't listening.  9 pages of people advising him not to break the bank on something with a poor price:performance, and he still can't take a hint.

A 4770K will definitely last you 5 years gaming

ok

OP, just do what you want because you obviously aren't listening.  9 pages of people advising him not to break the bank on something with a poor price:performance, and he still can't take a hint.

what do u mean?

What a read.

Hey, OP! the 4670k is the fastest quad core to date. That's the gaming cpu of choice at the moment. just saying.. It'll still be a great gaming cpu in the next 2-5 years. Unless you know how to fully utilize a cpu, a good quad core will last a long time.

Go for a 3570k and ud3h budget-ish build. 3570k kicks ass at stock speeds and is kind of 'cheap' at the moment due to Haswell. you can upgrade to skylake/skymount in a few years.

Dr. Money, gaming isn't suppose to cost that much. You can still get away with an old quad core phenom ii these days.......

What a read.

Hey, OP! the 4670k is the fastest quad core to date. That's the gaming cpu of choice at the moment. just saying.. It'll still be a great gaming cpu in the next 2-5 years. Unless you know how to fully utilize a cpu, a good quad core will last a long time.

Go for a 3570k and ud3h budget-ish build. 3570k kicks ass at stock speeds and is kind of 'cheap' at the moment due to Haswell. you can upgrade to skylake/skymount in a few years.

Dr. Money, gaming isn't suppose to cost that much. You can still get away with an old quad core phenom ii these days.......

hmm...

what mobo shoud i get for 4770k?

i mean a good looking mobo.

i dont care of the cheap ugly mobos