NASA's Accidental Warp Field

Much faster then the "up to two years" it could take (when Earth and Mars were at the farthest away points from each other) or the 6 months at the closest.

I wanna see this in action in space, until then idc about it much :P

same

same

same

doesnt matter if it doesnt work

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

HrdNr.jpg

speed is fine, accelerating and decelearting, not so much

Or as Petter Solberg would say in broken Norwenglish:

aLPWpgv_700b.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Oh ok then, what I meant was that the vehicle ran too damn fast that we became dizzy or unconscious.

Einsteins Theory of relativity (both)  state that nothing can travel faster than light, and everything that is moving at the same speed will be stationary with respect to each other. 

Therefore you will never actually travel faster than light, and no matter how fast you travel, your brain, lungs, heart, body (everything including the seat you are sitting on will appear stationary and therefore interact with each other just like if you where standing still.

However sudden changes in speed (velocity) has some rather nasty effects on the body due to Newtonian physics.  So you'd have to get up to speed slowly and reduce speed slowly so as not to break anything.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Einsteins Theory of relativity (both) state that nothing can travel faster than light, and everything that is moving at the same speed will be stationary with respect to each other.

Therefore you will never actually travel faster than light, and no matter how fast you travel, your brain, lungs, heart, body (everything including the seat you are sitting on will appear stationary and therefore interact with each other just like if you where standing still.

However sudden changes in speed (velocity) has some rather nasty effects on the body due to Newtonian physics. So you'd have to get up to speed slowly and reduce speed slowly so as not to break anything.

when we try to makes things ftl they just get heavier and thus we need infinite energy this only applies to information.

Media is blowing this up to be a lot bigger than it actually is, the "trials" don't show anything other than the light appears to be moving faster than it should be, it doesn't show that this is a warp drive engine or anything remotely close to that

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

the only really cool thing to come out of it was the possibility of a warp bubble.  The speeds alone will kill life during acceleration or deceleration (take your pick), but a warp bubble bypasses a need for some kind of inertial dampener. Really, almost every other fictional technology from star trek has been invented already (the most recent being aluminum based glass), so now its just teleportation, phasers, androids and warp speed that's left...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Oh ok then, what I meant was that the vehicle ran too damn fast that we became dizzy or unconscious.

Speed has very little to no effect on the human body. It's the acceleration and deceleration that has fatal consequences or harmful side effects. If you hit a higher level of negative G's then yes you will become dizzy, throw up and even pass out like what happens in our fighter jets (hence why the pilots wear G-Suits). A prime example of speed having little effect is as you're reading this reply your body is theoretically moving 1,040 mph as the earth rotates. Which has no negative effects on you as it's been a sustained speed since you were born. You can think of all of this rocket engine technology working in a sense like a coal train. It will start out slow and slowly pick up speed until before you know it you're maintaining 83,333 mph (which is the speed needed to get to Mars in 10 weeks).

when we try to makes things ftl they just get heavier and thus we need infinite energy this only applies to information.

Utterly irrelevant to what moose said.

Lots of NASA news lately. I LOVE IT! Please take us to alpha centauri within my lifetime :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Einsteins Theory of relativity (both)  state that nothing can travel faster than light, and everything that is moving at the same speed will be stationary with respect to each other. 

However sudden changes in speed (velocity) has some rather nasty effects on the body due to Newtonian physics.  So you'd have to get up to speed slowly and reduce speed slowly so as not to break anything.

Thanks for the information!

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

you're welcome, If you are interested in more (just for kicks or bored) check out sixty symbols (university of Nottingham) on youtube,  they go over all this stuff and quantum theory.  Amazing stuff and very informative.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

you're welcome, If you are interested in more (just for kicks or bored) check out sixty symbols (university of Nottingham) on youtube,  they go over all this stuff and quantum theory.  Amazing stuff and very informative.

@mr moose @DimasRMDO

also would recommend watching Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking Episode 3 : Time Travel  

it's in interesting topic where Stephen explains , even if you build a train on earth that doesn't not go as fast as light but close to it and when the time slows down, a passenger running in the train inside won't break the speed of light because times slows down relatively.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Utterly irrelevant to what moose said.

i don't see why you would  say that, it was just additional information. and is normally asked right after why can't we go ftl is what happens when we try. you can get some of this from field equations.

I love the travelling faster then teh speed of light part.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

you also need to understand we on earth are travelling at 1,040 mph, so even when you sitting infront of your computer, you are travelling at 1,040 mph, that doesn't make you sick does it? when you are travelling in space it's much less noticeable than on earth.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

you also need to understand we on earth are travelling at 1,040 mph, so even when you sitting infront of your computer, you are travelling at 1,040 mph, that doesn't make you sick does it? when you are travelling in space it's much less noticeable than on earth.

count in how fast we traveling around the Galaxy with the sun, we are already going pretty fast. I believe helios 1 is the fastest man made object because of the orbit it took.

Einsteins theory of relativity makes an impossible to prove statement. You cannot prove a negative statement. Based on that evidence alone, I choose to believe Einstein was wrong.

Also, if we're talking about relativity:

Relative to us, nothing can move faster than light, relative to light....? Perhaps we simply cannot perceive or detect something moving faster than light, which is why we don't know of its existence...yet. The point still stands, the statement "nothing can move faster than light" is an impossible, illogical, and irrational statement.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

you also need to understand we on earth are travelling at 1,040 mph, so even when you sitting infront of your computer, you are travelling at 1,040 mph, that doesn't make you sick does it? when you are travelling in space it's much less noticeable than on earth.

Thanks, so it's less noticeable..... I see.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Einsteins theory of relativity makes an impossible to prove statement. You cannot prove a negative statement. Based on that evidence alone, I choose to believe Einstein was wrong.

you also can't prove something doesn't exist doesn't mean it never exists

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Thanks, so it's less noticeable..... I see.

think of it like this, you notice force on earth because there's gravity, when you move in your car the force you experience is because its held back by gravity and air resistance, sure your car has a mass and that's counted in, but when you reach geo orbital space, you seem to rotate along with the earth, it's not that you are now in orbit and flying along, what's happening here is you are free falling along the earths rotations, so you seem feel like you are rotating above the earth, but when you are in a zero gravity environment, you don't have a source of reference of how fast you are moving , you body just assumes you are stationary. just don't assume when you move faster in space you would feel the same as on earth. when you are in space you have to worry about your bone density getting deteriorating than getting motion sickness. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Relative to us, nothing can move faster than light, relative to light....? Perhaps we simply cannot perceive or detect something moving faster than light, which is why we don't know of its existence...yet. The point still stands, the statement "nothing can move faster than light" is an impossible, illogical, and irrational statement.

you can solve some of this with stats, you can prove that there are no hidden variables. Also this is a theory based on the fact we don't know everything thats out there. If we parameterize our problem to normal baryonic and mesonic matter we can prove the speed.

The reason that light is considered the fastest unit is due to the fact that it's speed, relative to anything, is the exact same.

Imagine this for a second; you fire a gun and you fire a laser light.

The light from the laser has the absolute velocity of C (a constant speed of 299,792,458 m/s relative to the Earth).

This is where it gets tricky; the speed of light relative to the bullet, which has a variable velocity AKA acceleration, is always C. What this means is that at any point of the bullet being fired, even at the initial resting position, the difference or delta of speed between the light and the bullet is always equal to the speed of light in relation to the ground (or really, anything else).

So you cannot have anything relative to light because it is faster than everything physical by a singular constant.

Also, each time you or any physical object moves, the relative time space is slowed down, with that your volume decreases and your relativistic mass increases. This means an increase of density, which makes further acceleration increasingly difficult. It then gets to a point that the amount of energy required to accelerate such mass becomes mathematically infinite and would require a conversion to energy itself to reach the speed of light, due to what I mentioned earlier.

The proton accelerators exist for a reason.

Citations: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

If it were that simple we would have no need for research universities and peer review.  There is a difference between a theory and a hypothesis,  especially in science. A theory has evidence to support it, a theory takes an extraordinary amount of research to dismiss due the weight of the evidence that supports it.   I suggest you watch the youtube channel I recommended. 

The reason that light is considered the fastest unit is due to the fact that it's speed, relative to anything, is the exact same.

Imagine this for a second; you fire a gun and you fire a laser light.

The light from the laser has the absolute velocity of C (a constant speed of 299,792,458 m/s relative to the Earth).

This is where it gets tricky; the speed of light relative to the bullet, which has a variable velocity AKA acceleration, is always C. What this means is that at any point of the bullet being fired, even at the initial resting position, the difference or delta of speed between the light and the bullet is always equal to the speed of light in relation to the ground (or really, anything else).

So you cannot have anything relative to light because it is faster than everything physical by a singular constant.

Also, each time you or any physical object moves, the relative time space is slowed down, with that your volume decreases and your relativistic mass increases. This means an increase of density, which makes further acceleration increasingly difficult. It then gets to a point that the amount of energy required to accelerate such mass becomes mathematically infinite and would require a conversion to energy itself to reach the speed of light, due to what I mentioned earlier.

The proton accelerators exist for a reason.

Citations: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

I have a much longer response for later, am rushing to get homework done, but I have a question.

Has that been tested, with the source of light and source of whatever else, moving counter to earths momentum, so that it could be said that the source of light, and source the projectile, are "stationary"?

Edit: I just realized that it wouldn't make a difference, it's very early for me, I still have a longer response for whenever I get my homework done.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs