What is Your Windows score

the21robot

Luckily the WEI tells nothing about your hardware, my GPU is a 7870, which is not even the highest performance card, but it still got a 7.9 for some reason.

lol well I quited liked the WEI though I do take it with a grain of salt

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

CPU-7.6

RAM-7.7

GG-7.2

Hard Drive 5.9

and I'm on a laptop :P

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

lowest 7.6 (Processor: 4670k)

Graphics, Gaming Graphics, and Primary Hard disk all 7.9

7.7 for ram.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Lowest is 7.8 for processor and ram. everything else is 8.2

7.7 is my lowest on my cpu (3570k 4.2ghz) the rest 7.9

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

6.7 Lowest on hard drive 7.9 on everything else 

Asus Maximus VI Extreme, I7 4770K, NZXT Kraken X60, Kingston HyperXBeast DDR-3 2400, Sapphire 6950, NZXT Phantom 820, SanDisk 120Gb Extreme x2 in Raid, 2Tb WD Green, SeaSonic X-850 Gold

wei.pngCore i7 930, 6GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 260, OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB, ASUS Xonar STX.Nothing overclocked. No photoshop.

I'm calling bs on this.....you've obviously edited the file......my 7950 gets 8.1.......how can a gtx 260 get 9.9........also I'm willing to say my 4670k is more powerful than your i7........mine was oc'd when I did the wei to 4.2ghz.....your i7.wouldn't get 9.9......

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

I'm calling bs on this.....you've obviously edited the file......my 7950 gets 8.1.......how can a gtx 260 get 9.9........also I'm willing to say my 4670k is more powerful than your i7........mine was oc'd when I did the wei to 4.2ghz.....your i7.wouldn't get 9.9......

Even so, this is not an accurate representation of the performance of the performance of your PC. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

well it's my HDD thats bringing me down! :/

Also, overclock your CPU. WEI is really nota ccurate. For example, i can't get score for RAM 7.5 like you do, but i also can't get score for CPU bellow 7.3 (even on 3.6HGz without Turbo Core if i remember correctly), and with light overclock (4.0GHz) score is same 7.3.

Example for RAM, if i run my RAM at 1866 with cl10, or 1600 with cl9, in dual channel mode, score is still 7.3, same as at 1333 with cl9. While in AIDA64 and other benchmark programs, difference is in some ways up to 4000+ MB/s.

s0sa.jpg

Even so, this is not an accurate representation of the performance of the performance of your PC.

Exactly my point. On my 5 year old laptop, powered by a Qudro NVS 160M, I get a lower score than the Intel integrated graphic 2000, yet the Intel GPU can't handle Win7 smoothly on dual 1080p screens, while the Quadro have 0 problems. Moreover, The Intel intergrated graphics has performance issue with the old Zune software which is GPU rendered interface, and my old GeForce 6600 GT 128MB while has an abysmal score (obviously), draws the porgram interface smoothly above and beyond. So clearly Intel does tricks to boost it's score with it's drivers.

So might as well edit the xml file that has the score... is my point.

5.9, HDD

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

ive said it isnt the best figure to base perforance on....no need to fake it though...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

ive said it isnt the best figure to base perforance on....no need to fake it though...

-Anubikai

It is needed to be faked, because it's completely wrong. The benchmark system is not complex enough and not thorough making it easy to do trick the benchmark to boost it's score by the hardware drivers, and no detection of something is wrong, like have the driver ignore drawing everything, and report back to the WEI that all is good, for the 3D visuals, get insane fps, and then you normally get a super high score. Is an example that a graphic card manufacture can boost it's score. With 3D Mark and such, it's a bit harder... because you are watching it... so they can't really cut objects out, or reduce polygon count a bit too much, else you'll notice. It has to do other, more difficult optimization tricks. Plus it has to draw something, as if you see a black screen... you'll see something is wrong and complain.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have an SSD and a HDD and the windows index score for the primary hard disk is showing the score for the HDD not the SSD

It's because your OS is on your HDD, or that your set that SATA 0 ports, is your HDD and not SSD.

8.1 lowest - ssd

8.5 - gpu

8.3 - ram

8.3 - processor

:)

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 ghz; Mother Board: MSI Z87 Mpower Max RAM: 32(8x4) gb Corsair Vengeance (2400mHz); Graphics: Dual EVGA GTX 780 SLI; CPU cooling: NZXT Kraken X60; Case: NZXT Phantom 820; PSU: OCZ ZX 1250w; Harddrives: Corsair Force 240gb (OS) Samsung 840 series 120gb ssd; 1 tb wd blue, 3tb seagate barracuda. 

It's because your OS is on your HDD, or that your set that SATA 0 ports, is your HDD and not SSD.

My OS is on my SSD. Is there a way to fix this?

Make sure your SSD is on SATA0 port on your motherboard. So shutdown your computer, and swamp cables.

Windows 8.1 doesnt have a Windows Experience Index..

I had a 7.8 in windows 7.. because CPU is that score the rest was 7.9 i believe..

because to get CPU to 7.9 you would need dual intel Xeon processors OC'd to like 5Ghz.

I dont have that i have just the 3930k :P

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

Base score: 3.2

Processor: 5.1

Memory: 5.1

Graphics: 3.7

Gaming graphics: 3.2

Primary Hard Disk: 5.5

Hm. I expected lower. Intel integrated graphics, 2GB DDR2 RAM and a dual-core Pentium @2GHz... graphics might as well read 0.0. This thing can't even reach 30 fps in Minecraft with lowest settings...

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Like I said, Intel does tricks to get a higher score. Hence why I showed that you might as well edit that xml file containing the score, as the WEI is meaningless. While cheating on benchmark is nothing new. Both Nvidia and AMD does effort to optimize for the best score. The things is that if you see much reduction in polygons or effects not being rendered, you would notice, with 3DMark, or what ever GPU benchmark software. In the case of Windows, you don't see it. So the driver can detect the benchmark of Windows, and go "nha.. don't draw anything.. let's just have a black screen to render and get 500fps, so that the score is max on the gaming and graphic scoring". And it does (ok not to that extent, else it would be obvious), but my Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M 256MB on my laptop (it's equivalent to  a GeForce 9300M but with 256MB of memory, instead of shared), has a lower score that what you have. However, in gaming world, and dual screen world, my Nvidia GPU beats the Intel integrated graphics of 2000, no doubt about it.