Experiences with non-techies

Dunno about the pro, but at one point (only a couple years ago) Mr Linus Torvalds himself was using a Macbook for the reason of build quality and hardware reliability. He'd obviously changed the OS (duh) but had still chosen that laptop over other laptops around the same price. I for one believe in the quality of materials used on Macbooks (and I guess the hardware's alright), though I'm not in a position to buy one and would prefer to spend my £1000 on a 970, new CPU, mobo and case or put it towards a Nord Stage 2 or Korg Kronos or something.

Bare in mind Linus Torvalds is not a hardware expert. He himself admits he's not much of a power user on his computers. He writes kernels, and supports free and open software, that's what he should be renouned for.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's not even like C2K is *that* far off, just have the programs intstalled locally, actually use the start menu, tone down the proxy a notch (Like google.com is blocked for "adult content" as well, wtf?), remove the crapware that launches at startup, and just allow more freedom with regards to browser options, not everyone likes using IE, or a super-locked down version of Chrome

TL;DR The idea is good, but the execution is bloody awful

In 2013, which was my last year at highschool we used WinXP. Every PC. In a school using WinXP. The program compatibility was really bad.

And they where pretty terrible.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

That is not a non-techie thing to do...

if you know what you're doing a malwarebytes scan once in a while is plenty to keep you safe.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

In my school (almost 200 students) there are only a few techies... and Im not talking about these ones who have grade 4-5 on T.I.C (or Informatic I don't know how you call it in English)

know about PC's. It's Me and some other 3-4 friends

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Also the "computer expert" teacher said he had windows XP, and this year he upgraded to windows 7 and everything is fine. He thinks its a new version of windows, so he gives us a "tutorial of windows 7" which i have had since its realease, yet some people struggled with it. He also teached me and this other person (who actually had an android phone out of the whole class) and taught us about widgets. I started facedesking myself untill the end of the day. :(

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Also the "computer expert" teacher said he had windows XP, and this year he upgraded to windows 7 and everything is fine. He thinks its a new version of windows, so he gives us a "tutorial of windows 7" which i have had since its realease, yet some people struggled with it. He also teached me and this other person (who actually had an android phone out of the whole class) and taught us about widgets. I started facedesking myself untill the end of the day. :(

just show him LTT, and tell him to go home ;)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

And linus doing the mikshake song with a pink wig

That would probally kill him.

R.I.P 99 year old teacher

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

So 95% of the world would be gone.

my family is a DIY techie and android so my family would live, even my grandparents would.

Non-techies will never understand why I have a 5.25" floppy in a frame... Nor will they understand why I have 2 graphics cards on display...

So 95% of the world would be gone.

Easy with the posting, man... Or imma have to report you for spamming...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

god.

-snip-

I know... Holy shit... (I generally use the Night Theme but like the reskin the Day Theme)

5653bfa48b488dbb85efef01a5ae37a1.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This. Just consolidate all of your thoughts into one post.

Or if you miss something... Just edit the post...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Friend: How much GB of storage does this game occupie

Me: 2GB

Friend: Ain't going to Install it

Another story

Friend: I have 200 megapixels of free internet for my phone, how much do you have?

Me: 0

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

I had a conversation with a person named Ryan.

Me: What are you getting for Christmas?

Ryan: A PS4!

Me: Cool.

Ryan: What are you getting?

Me: A gaming PC!

Ryan: Alienware?

Me: Hell no.

Ryan: What else could you get?

Me: A custom PC built by me.

Ryan: That sounds hard. Just get a PS4.

After that, I had and still have problems making friends.

Friend: I have 200 megapixels of free internet for my phone, how much do you have?

Me: 0

Now ask him how many mega/gigabytes his phones camera has.

I had a conversation with a person named Ryan.

Me: What are you getting for Christmas?

Ryan: A PS4!

Me: Cool.

Ryan: What are you getting?

Me: A gaming PC!

Ryan: Alienware?

Me: Hell no.

Ryan: What else could you get?

Me: A custom PC built by me.

Ryan: That sounds hard. Just get a PS4.

After that, I had and still have problems making friends.

Now ask him how many mega/gigabytes his phones camera have.

Next time, please consolidate your posts into one. You're post farming and notification molesting by posting like that.