Experiences with non-techies

Wait a second, you have a data cap on your HOME internet? Who in the name of sanity is your ISP?

Most home ISP's have data caps included in their plans, but not many actually charge for them. Yet...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I had a lovely coversation with a person:

Me: Hi

Person: How is your rig going?

Me: Good

Person: You?

Me: Took 4 hours to install drivers and build it.

Person: OK....

Person: My alienware is better! It has an intel processor and everything!

Me: Ummmm... OK....

Me: How fast is it?

Person: ITS SO FAST! ITS AT 500ghz!

Me: <FACEPALM x INFINITY>

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

my sister told me if you leave a power outlet with a switch in the on position that it is Wasting Energy and its Really Dangerous

facepalm

facepalm

facepalm

facepalm

To be fair I have heard something about leaving an empty socket switched on being a potential hazard of some kind (can't remember exactly - I'll have to ask my dad as he's an electrician), but the "Wasting energy" thing is just ridiculous.

Does she even know how electricity works???

To be fair I have heard something about leaving an empty socket switched on being a potential hazard of some kind (can't remember exactly - I'll have to ask my dad as he's an electrician), but the "Wasting energy" thing is just ridiculous.

Probably that hazard thing has to do with water or insects... We had water go through the wire pathways in our walls (during one typhoon) and one of our sockets was previously infested by ants... The circuit breaker tripped so nothing was damaged... Everything's fixed now...

Probably that hazard thing has to do with water or insects... We had water go through the wire pathways in our walls (during one typhoon) and one of our sockets was previously infested by ants... The circuit breaker tripped so nothing was damaged... Everything's fixed now...

Probably. I've also heard stuff about dust getting into sockets.

i tried to explain it to her but she just kept interrupting me and telling me she was right and i was stupid

needs a better signature

night theme master race

I was at my school, sitting in the waiting room of the nurses office. The person ahead of me had a friend come up to him and say, "Hey, I can hack the appstore so you can get every app for free." That apperentially was beliveable in his eyes, and he hands his LG G3 to him. Four things that are wrong. 1. Failed to see that was an android phone. 2. Failed to see that android doesnt support app store. 3. He could have just took the phone and ran. 4. Its impossible to hack on a client side on a server based service. He hands it back ten minutes later saying it was "The hack was not working". I would have knifed that guys head but that would have caused blood on it and his blood does not deserve to on my knife.

That sounds so annoying. When people don't use the right terminalology, it just drives me insane.

Yup :/

That and a friend of mine spent all his budget on an i7 to play games with integrated.

Thats all i got :)

Yup :/

That and a friend of mine spent all his budget on an i7 to play games with integrated.

Thats all i got :)

Wow. My friend always complains about his framerates on his mac, BTW, he is a apple fanboy. I told him about a hackintosh and I would build it and install it and hes like "but thats illegal". Thats what people say about everything.

Wow. My friend always complains about his framerates on his mac, BTW, he is a apple fanboy. I told him about a hackintosh and I would build it and install it and hes like "but thats illegal". Thats what people say about everything.

It makes me cringe when people dont buy the best performance for the money.

Apple for gaming lol.

Maybe because it has the word "hack" in it. He bothers me about jailbreaking. I told him since 2006, rooting your device is legal. ITS EVEN A LAW. Seems like we techies are from a higher race and we will save the world one day. Untill then, we will be now misunderstood and pretty much abused. We allow it because its so f*cking hillarious.

and the XBOX  a BOX.

I don't see the difference.

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

It makes me cringe when people dont buy the best performance for the money.

Apple for gaming lol.

The reason why people buy apple is mostly for branding. People argue that they don't get viruses. Also that they deliver the best graphics. HA! They need to see and learn what specs are. Also, they don't realize that they are the worst company and they abuse there employees. Steve Jobs has never invented ANYTHING. They took things they like and they just been cheating with court systems and Motorola is miles better because they offer the best bang for the buck phones and are based in America. Sad how they are almost brainwashed.

The reason why people buy apple is mostly for branding. People argue that they don't get viruses. Also that they deliver the best graphics. HA! They need to see and learn what specs are. Also, they don't realize that they are the worst company and they abuse there employees. Steve Jobs has never invented ANYTHING. They took things they like and they just been cheating with court systems and Motorola is miles better because they offer the best bang for the buck phones and are based in America. Sad how they are almost brainwashed.

A friend of mine uses mac PRO for linux because he likes the "buildquality"

I was at my school, sitting in the waiting room of the nurses office. The person ahead of me had a friend come up to him and say, "Hey, I can hack the appstore so you can get every app for free." That apperentially was beliveable in his eyes, and he hands his LG G3 to him. Four things that are wrong. 1. Failed to see that was an android phone. 2. Failed to see that android doesnt support app store. 3. He could have just took the phone and ran. 4. Its impossible to hack on a client side on a server based service. He hands it back ten minutes later saying it was "The hack was not working". I would have knifed that guys head but that would have caused blood on it and his blood does not deserve to on my knife.

I remember someone telling me that jailbreaking an apple device would give you unlimited purchases on the app store for free... Now I realize that's not true (I may or may not have just read a Wikipedia article before writing this.....)

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

mac pros are actually very good for the price but build quality is the worst reason to like a PC. Building your own, you can choose mid range and high end cases. The reason why I would never use a mac pro is because the hardware choices are just like WTF! 256GB of PciE? And using a xeon and crap is not very pratical for a normal user. An average 5820k build would preform the same and probally better in ways because you can overclock. Plus, most people won't need that expect Linus and content creators. I bet he likes it because its apple anyways, I think he wasted 3000 dollars for no reason.