Experiences with non-techies

2 minutes ago, Gino Motyka said:

for some reason we have a history of computers catching fire, A end user came down with a computer that wouldn't turn on and when i opened the bottom a small puff of smoke came out and my coworker locked eyes with me and was like WTF? 

psu?

To teach New employees to lock their computers when we see one that's not locked with no one around we "PONY" them. We make the background image My Little Ponies and the rule is is you have to leave it there for a week no matter if you have an important meeting. It teaches them really fast...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

psu?

M.2 Hard drive was completely fried 

Just now, Gino Motyka said:

M.2 Hard drive was completely fried 

wow... that's the first time i hear about that happening...

1 minute ago, Gino Motyka said:

To teach New employees to lock their computers when we see one that's not locked with no one around we "PONY" them. We make the background image My Little Ponies and the rule is is you have to leave it there for a week no matter if you have an important meeting. It teaches them really fast...

Let me work there, and that'll backfire so badly...

Good method though :)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

that's... genius

4 minutes ago, Gino Motyka said:

I'd just leave my computer unlocked all the time then. Or I'd already have an MLP background, so I guess you would just change it to dickbutt or something.

Yeah I learned my lesson, Because i'm in IT the punishment is longer... Proof.thumb.JPG.6de1fa04b56fc2bfcbcb5eed29a9e537.JPG

Can you send me a link to that background, that's actually super cool

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yeah I learned my lesson, Because i'm in IT the punishment is longer... Proof.thumb.JPG.6de1fa04b56fc2bfcbcb5eed29a9e537.JPG

Thats a good one! Do you use the same ones, or do you have a cache of them? lol

Just now, TempestCatto said:

I'd just leave my computer unlocked all the time then. Or I'd already have an MLP background, so I guess you would just change it to dickbutt or something.

oh we have that punishment. If you get caught more than once we set the background as the person who did it work headshot. So they get to see your face knowing they messed up 

1 minute ago, Gino Motyka said:

Yeah I learned my lesson, Because i'm in IT the punishment is longer... 

a month? and btw, are you allowed to change it as long as it's mlp in the period?

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Can you send me a link to that background, that's actually super cool

Just DMed you cause I wasn't sure if I could like the image 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

a month? and btw, are you allowed to change it as long as it's mlp in the period?

3 months, and i'm not sure people usually just own up to it 

My dad is always freaking out about hitting the data cap on our internet, and refuses to get a faster speed for the fear we would use the data too quickly. And then takes his computer into work to download things. Anybody else know a person that complains about how slow something is and is totally oblivious to the fact that they are causing it?

3 months, and i'm not sure people usually just own up to it 

still... that's absolutely genius. we should do something like that on the forum

Just DMed you cause I wasn't sure if I could like the image 

Yo don't forget other guy having a piss session over this (me) (thankies).

Just now, hiitswilliam said:

My dad is always freaking out about hitting the data cap on our internet, and refuses to get a faster speed for the fear we would use the data too quickly. And then takes his computer into work to download things. Anybody else know a person that complains about how slow something is and is totally oblivious to the fact that they are causing it?

i used to. but that's because there just wasn't fiber there. now i got my father to get 500/500

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

still... that's absolutely genius. we should do something like that on the forum

What would make you have to have MLP something? What would even be changed? Your PFP if you write penis in big orange letters?

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Yo don't forget other guy having a piss session over this (me) (thankies).

I got you my good sir! 

My dad has been using gmail for the better part of a decade now. Still can't wrap his head around the concept of subject lines and that he needs to write something there. :( 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

There are so many paranoid people out there with tech, that believe that getting an account on something will result in me losing my house, social security number, and other things. And personally, my parents always pick the cheapest option on things, such as a 32" TV and really slow internet (the only thing they spend big money on that is tech related is actually computers) and then complain about all of the problems with it.

Just now, TempestCatto said:

What would make you have to have MLP something? What would even be changed? Your PFP if you write penis in big orange letters?

after a warning point? just a mlp pfp for like a week or something. sounds like a fun idea

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

after a warning point? just a mlp pfp for like a week or something. sounds like a fun idea

That would make sense I guess. Doubt that would happen tho.