(Heard someone say this verbatim 🤦‍♂️)

SMH my head

LOL out loud

RIP in peace

ASAP as possible

GIF interchange format

YOLO live once

IDK don't know

I'm sure there are more, but I love saying SMH my head. It's priceless. LOL out loud is just weird. Why do old people try to be a part of something they don't understand before they understand it? And why are younger people so incapable of navigating their own computers? I'm in a computer science class, and the poor teacher is having to spend most of the class explaining Finder and File explorer.

6 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

SMH my head

LOL out loud

RIP in peace

ASAP as possible

GIF interchange format

YOLO live once

IDK don't know

I'm sure there are more, but I love saying SMH my head. It's priceless. LOL out loud is just weird. Why do old people try to be a part of something they don't understand before they understand it? And why are younger people so incapable of navigating their own computers? I'm in a computer science class, and the poor teacher is having to spend most of the class explaining Finder and File explorer.

ATM Machine

PIN Number

Just now, Erioch said:

ATM Machine

PIN Number

ATM teller machine

PIN identification number

16 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

That was labeled so that it wouldn't be mixed up in everything else that was plugged in near it. HDMI is digital, and VGA is analog,

This isn't really all that funny. It's just a labeled power brick out of it's intended workplace.

so one shouldn't trust an HDMI and VGA only power brick? or is it getting quite analog with plugging something in it?

2 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

so one shouldn't trust an HDMI and VGA only power brick? or is it getting quite analog with plugging something in it?

Because as we all know, USB is called "Universal" serial bus because there's not a standard for it and not every USB brick is 5v...

(/s)

50 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

12 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Because as we all know, USB is called "Universal" serial bus because there's not a standard for it and not every USB brick is 5v...

(/s)

It was just labelled to keep things straight. Don't want to unplug the wrong brick. Therefore labeling the bricks makes it easier to figure out which one you need to remove. That way you don't have to follow the wire through 30 other wires or just guess n' check. Once the setup was no longer needed, no one bothered to remove the masking tape. If someone actually thought the standard US plug was HDMI and the USB was VGA, then it would be funny.

3 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

ATM teller machine

PIN identification number

HDMI media interface

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

It do be like that:

Screenshot_20220812-093038_1.thumb.png.e8d74882050cf623aad22c4ebb6733e8.png

Also me: *Does anything slightly advanced/savy with a PC*

Random Person: OMG He's Hacking !?!!

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

My mom's boss told her that she couldn't print from the usual printer because someone had physically relocated it. It was still connected to the same network, she just had it configured to a different printer on the print menu. Some people need to learn to read what they're doing on the computer.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

TFW you have to show people at work how to start a video call via Microsoft Teams who have been using Computers longer than you. Both of them are Heads of Departments. And before they switched to Teams they used Skype for Business 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

33 minutes ago, Bitter said:

A repost I'm sure.

funny-pictures-9-9-22-12.jpg

I'm sorry sir, you can't arrange icons by penis.

I work for a local government and in order to access certain federal and even state government services, we're given smart cards with personalized certificates for authentication purposes. These certificates last for 3 years. At some point, we had to switch out all the smart cards in use and replace them, so all of my coworkers would have to renew their certificates around the same time. 3 months before the certificate runs out, you get an automated email that reminds you to schedule an appointment with the state government agency who issue these certificates to get it renewed.

I anticipated that this would cause some confusion, so before the wave of automated emails went out, I sent a department-wide email to all my coworkers telling them in layman's terms that over the next few weeks, all of them would be getting this email reminding them to schedule an appointment regarding their expiring smart card certificates. Now since my country has 4 official languages, emails coming from government agencies look like these massive walls of text at first glance, since everything gets presented in all 4 languages in the same email. And since it's about certificate renewal, there's a bit of technical jargon in there that people not familiar with it would have a hard time parsing, so I was worried that people might just delete the email and do nothing if they assumed it was just spam or some kind of malicious phishing attempt, which is why I sent that aforementioned department-wide email.

As you can already guess, even a two-line email telling them something along the line of "hey dummies, you'll be getting an email from X department telling you to renew your license, here's what you have to do" was too much for some people who kept inundating me with questions about what they're supposed to be doing or why they were getting these emails.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

1 hour ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

so I was worried that people might just delete the email and do nothing if they assumed it was just spam or some kind of malicious phishing attempt, which is why I sent that aforementioned department-wide email.

or why they were getting these emails.

ah yes the spam, and much harder to know what is true or not. Some email services suck while they talk so much about security, while not giving you clear information about the mail you get and who it's from. Having to click on shady links or redirects or downloading something.

where email is such a mess, you might have to call them on the phone or give a message there directing you to an email.

I have had a few flashbacks from my phone support days while reading through these posts.

1. Lady calls in at least nights a week wanting her internet gateway checked to make sure it was secure (reasonable). Then keeps us on the line to make sure her computer not compromised (ok). Then wants us to guarantee that the system will not be compromised while she does her banking (uggghhh). I finally got her one night and explained to her that no system is going to 100% secure ever. Told her if she wanted to be of sound mind while she sleeps to unplug her gateway and computer or connect the to a  surge protector so she can turn them off easily. As far as I know she never called back. She was sweet lady just somewhat over cautious.

2. Guy calls in internet not working spewing he knows this and that about computer and has his A+. After his 5 minute rant ask him to open a command prompt, after a minute he asks how to open the command prompt. Knocked him down a few notches with out trying and the call was over 5 minutes later problem solved.

3. Customer calls in ranting about something Internet related start spouting off A+ NET+ certs and know what he's doing, I say "cool I have those and this one and this and this and that oh and that one" (several M$ and ccna). He shut up and did what I told him to do after he also couldn't get the command prompt open or run the ping command.

4. Angry guy calls in cause his internet is not working. While he's ranting running line test and other crap. Interrupt his ranting and ask he's ready to get it fixed, he was like what did you say, told him can get fixed in two minutes if he's done. 2 minutes later he is good to go. Funny thing about this one was I was being live monitored by my supervisor, after the call he came over and tells me that was awesome. Lol

Just the ones off the top of my head. Enjoy.

Funny story happened with my ISP about 4 months ago. I live up in the mountains and it took a while to get that sweet Gigabit Internet from Comcast. However, after 4 techs coming to my house, I finally decided to to just have some fun with them. So I have a 2.5 Gigabit port on the motherboard, and i was suppose to get 1.2gigs down. I was only getting 800-900MBs. After countless calls and four techs, you would think I would a better solution other then " well you just cant get the full speed at that address." So i started digging. Turns out Comcast and Charter both send out CAT5 cables no matter then internet plan. If you want anything over 1000MBs,then you need a CAT6 LAN line......................................................................................... So i thought i would call one last time to see if comcast had had advice or just to see if they would send me a cat6 cable. Instead i went to walmart and bought a 6 dollar CAT6 cable and boom, I get around 1500 MBs down now. I waited for the tech, which is one that has been here before, and he checked my lines and i came over to the pc and did a speed test.  Still only 800 down. I swapped the cable while he checked something else. Realistically, He didn't do anything. He said all the lines are working great and IDK why you  just cant get the full speed. I said its probably the modem because its made in china. Snacked it lightly in front of him and threated the modem with a salt water bath if it didn't work right. I did the last speed test and and got around 1500. The Techs mouth dropped and i said" Sometime you just got to manhandle your equipment, ya Know?" He said right, shook his head and just left. LMAO

The assistant manager today was having issues with his email. He was compiling he could no longer open up his emails. Then he said it was forcing him to install a whole load of apps on his phone to open them up. After taking his phone and looking at the issue I found that he was installing a PDF app that was ad supported. Well I guess when ever he opened the PDF app it would serve him an ad for an app. It was have a cancel and install button on it. He kept hitting install. Who knows how many apps he installed. The really fucked up part is he needed Microsoft Excel, at least for that email attachment he was trying to open. So I installed excel. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I've had a manager recently go "Why is my computer so slow?!" I'm not the I.T. guy at the company, but I still offer to check it out. Sure enough, found out their computer has a regular old HDD in it (most of ours sadly do for some odd reason, but we deal with it). I say, "Just ask the I.T. guy to give you a computer with a SSD in it. It'll load much faster, and you'll be-" "I just want THIS computer to load faster!" I go through a bunch of steps, clean some things up, and make it a little faster. A couple of days later I walk by their desk, and all I hear is "It's slow again!"

not-my-problem-i-dont-care.gif

GIF-Amused-Chuckle-Chuffed-Pleased-Point

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

My IT teacher told me that someone in the freshman dorm bought a Wifi router, plugged it into power, then complained how it wasn't making the campus wifi faster. He didn't plug it into the network. Just into the wall. And the interference was making the signal from the access points worse. 

One of the funniest things about my job is, while filming events, people pointing to where they think the camera is. Someone will say, "...and for those of you watching at home, ..." then point to somewhere a good 25 feet away. Usually it's somewhere up in the light booth, sometimes at the rack of lights on the ceiling, sometimes at the projector at the back of the room. Few people seem to actually know what a camera looks like, despite 3 or 4 people tripping over my tripod per day while walking in because they're staring at their phones as they walk.

Another one, recently built my roommate a workstation/gaming PC and I pulled a fake BSOD on him a few days ago. He's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to computers so I didn't think he would actually fall for it. I was in the room when he first saw it, he was quite confused and immediately asked for a refund for the computer because it had broken within 48 hours. I told him to alt-F4 the bluescreen "because that's how it works", he does, BSOD magically goes away. We laughed about it afterwards because he realized what I had done but I really didn't think he would fall for it in the first place

So, about half an hour ago, I got a phone call from the head of our accounting Dept at work.

He's at a new building trying to do something on the computer I put in.

Mind you, when I left, it was shutdown, because it needed to have power run to it, and it was gonna need a 100' extension cord to do this.

I mention this, but he tells me it's up and running and all good.

So, he's on the computer and asking me about some stuff, so I'm helping him out.

Blah blah blah blah. I'm listening to random beeping in the background, that I assume are the forklifts there making noise, because fork trucks are NOISY.

Suddenly he just pops in "The computer just turned itself off!"

Me: Uhhhh, what?

Him: "Oh, that APC thing has been beeping?"

Me: Check the cord? Is it plugged in?

Him: "I guess it's not!"

THAT DUMBASSED MOTHERFUCKER TURNED ON THE UPS, IGNORED ALL THE BEEPING, AND JUST ASSUMED IT WAS WORKING CORRECTLY

"Why is my laptop so slow? No, I don't want to buy more RAM or quit those background processes!"

image.png.8caaaa8d48b23c2901a3f27214d9ba7a.png

(This is not on an SSD. Not even a 5400RPM HDD. It's on a MICRO SD CARD. Half this guy's applications are also on the card. It does a solid like 40mbps.)

2 hours ago, Mel0n. said:

"Why is my laptop so slow? No, I don't want to buy more RAM or quit those background processes!"

image.png.8caaaa8d48b23c2901a3f27214d9ba7a.png

(This is not on an SSD. Not even a 5400RPM HDD. It's on a MICRO SD CARD. Half this guy's applications are also on the card. It does a solid like 40mbps.)

Ok but like how and who set that up?

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Ok but like how and who set that up?

Laptop with a soldered eMMC drive. He's a self proclaimed "computer expert". According to him he watched a youtube video on how to move the pagefile, he bought a MicroSD card (mapped it to H for some reason), then used it for applications and kept pictures, videos etc on his internal storage...