Worst company for RMA

Mightyinvader

Please state the worst RMA experience you've had and what company made it so bad. I actually would say HTC, I had the same problem as linus when I had my M8 with the cracked lense and they refused to replace it, I ended up having to pay a local guy to do it. Terrible experience.

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

im between saphire and gigabyte

saphire for being so uptight and outsourcing it to people who couldnt care less

gigabyte for not honoring it in the first place

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Diamond , they refused 12 requests for my 290x , and now refuse to respond to my emails and calls. I gave up and repaired the card myself , some solder joints had broke so easy fix ) and wish I had bought another gigabyte card , always had good experiences with gigabyte

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Cooler master got kinda kinky one time because the f key on my keyboard wouldn't work

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

caseking.de send my Mobo in on the 23 of March. They didn't even send me a email. The package wasn't checked yet.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Kinky?!?!?!

You know what I mean

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

MSI sux

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

share your story

ill do it later I want to take a nap atm

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Though this is me speaking from experience.

I heard a million horror stories about XFX, Paticuarly of a guy that got sent back the same card that he sent them for RMA.

Hey bro whatcha DOOOOOOOOIN *Barfs fruit salads on your chest*

i7 4820K / Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ 6GB \ 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4X4) / Gigabyte X79-UD3 \ EVGA Supernova G2 850W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Dell U2412M \

Dat be spooky....my hella rad pootpoot *u*

Buy from reputable retailers and/or have decent consumer protection laws and none of this should be a problem.

Keyword there being should... Also HTC,MSI and all the other are all reputable retailers. clearly they just shit the bed on RMA

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

im between saphire and gigabyte

saphire for being so uptight and outsourcing it to people who couldnt care less

gigabyte for not honoring it in the first place

Sapphire were excellent for me, and also i know some other guy who had good experiences. Maybe just the aus one is good.

HTC thou

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Durex. 

haha

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Heard a lot of shit about Asus' RMA service. Haven't had any issues with their products so I can't say exactly what's their issue, but I've heard pretty negative things about them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Probably Asus. I still buy their boards though, my local retailer doesn't even bother making me wait for new parts because they know how bad the RMA process is.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

It's gotta be WD. I had 6 of them, which were under warranty at the time, and they just rejected the freaking drives. Now they're paperweights i'm willing to sell.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Asus hands down. Mind you I haven't had to RMA any Asus parts in a couple years now but when I did...

Two P5N-D boards had the same failure, bad voltage regulators causing constant instabilities. Tried through the local retailer (Canada Computers) and they would not do an exchange, refused even, drove me insane. I then went through Asus support which was a gauntlet of dropped calls and dead lines. Finally get to their "Level 2 Tech Support" that ended up asking me if had tried turning the system on and off again a half dozen times. Finally get an RMA authorization and send both boards to them.

Two months later both boards come back. By that time I had already bought new ones anyways. Set the systems up, run one and my tester E8400 cooks in it's socket. WTF.

Check the serial numbers on both boards. They sent me the damaged boards with "new BIOS chips" to repair a voltage issue. Threw them in the trash, stopped buying Asus for a couple years.

Best warranty service I've had was EVGA. Four 790i FTW boards in a row. Bless those guys, almost knew each other by first name after the third one.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Hang on, got some things to say about Gigabyte.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

isn't this more distributor duty to carry this kind of responsible?

I'm just saying since almost no direct retail selling from company here, they just outsource everything to 3rd party

for example, ECS reputation is kinda bad in US, but it's one of the best here, RMA is easy I've personally RMA 2 Motherboard last year, and it just trade-in simply as that.

Intel distributor on the other hand, they just flat out refuse to give any contact number through their retailer.

Asus/Asrock reputation is bad because the company who distribute them just can't handle customer service

same goes with ACER, with already low quality product combined with overwhelming product sales number resulting higher risk to their customer, everytime you deal with acer end up cost more money than getting their new products, and they encourage that.

edit BTW: thing such as lifetime warranty doesn't exist here.